Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad,sad news - joan (nuthatch) peters has passed away!!

Distinguished Community Member

Default Sad,sad news - joan (nuthatch) peters has passed away!!

I am so sorry to have to post this news. David Peters, Joan's husband, just called and told me that Joan died on the fourth of this month. She had gallstones, was carried to the hospital, but they were unable to do anything for her. They gave her antibiotics and sent her home. She died a couple of days later.

Joan was heavy through the chest and they were unable to perform laparoscopic surgery.

Nuthatch would have been 68 on August 9th. Her son and daughter, along with David, were by her side when she died very early in the morning. They are not planning any services. She is being cremated. David is going to be at home this week and is going to his daughter's next week, then he is back home for another week and going to his son's for a week. He will be helping his son build a pirate's ship for Everett his grandson.

I told him what a great, great loss this would be to our community. He was aware that we have had other loses recently.

David does not want his address given out on the forum, but for those of you who want to send a card or note he has given me permission to give it out. So PM me if you want to send him a note.
    Last edited by Virginia; 06-08-2020 at 09:07 PM. Reason: to correct Nuthatch's birthday. Agate had August and I looked and had written 8-9, but was upset when I posted. Sorry!
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Oh no.

I remember, right back when Joan used the name "cheer" what a lovely person she was.

I feel so bad, she was so worried about her health, always thinking of others, and Tula, who had lost her other grandmother recently.

My heart goes out to her family, and is with Tula and Everett. I'm glad David will be spending time with his kids and grandkids.

Thanks for letting us know, Virginia. Very sad news.

Fly high, dear nuthatch.

3. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) It is so sad that Joan died. She was remarkable. When I was in rehab she sent me flowers and cards and they really helped get me out of depression.

I sent her a note recently telling her how helpful she was to me and how much I appreciated it. I will keep her family in my prayers. Jeanie :)

5. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Oh, how very sad I am to hear this news. Joan will be missed so much by all of us.

She had a difficult year, having pneumonia in the winter and being hospitalized. As SuzE said, she had mentioned health concerns recently.

My prayers for peace, comfort and strength are with David, their children, Tula and Everett, and all of their loved ones. I am grateful that Joan passed surrounded by their love. It's good that David is going to spend time with them now.

Thank you, Virginia, for letting us know. My love and thoughts are with you and everyone here.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~*~ ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

JOAN ~

I will miss your interesting posts and wonderful photos of your home, poppies, critters, birds, and your beautiful grandchildren. You always lifted my spirits, and you supported me so kindly and generously.

May you rest peacefully in God's Arms, dear friend.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~*~ ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

7. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I am shocked to hear this sad news. Thank you, Virginia, for letting us know.

I am speechless.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

9. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Such very sad news! Yes, she mentioned some cardiac concerns recently but it sounds as if this was something else.

I'm so very sorry--and will send a note.

Thank you, Virginia, for letting us know.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

11. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Oh no! This is so sad! It's awful that nothing could be done medically to help her. We will miss her! :'(
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

what sad news! She will be missed

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, very sad news. We all will miss this wonderful lady.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

15. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I cannot say it more eloquently than those have. But I always enjoyed reading about her life, and her loving photos of her family.

17. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast