Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Restoration Saga

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Marcie)))))) ~

How well I understand what you're experiencing. Sometimes what might seem to be the smallest thing can nearly bring me to my knees.

Seeing that movie the day Mike passed is not a coincidence. I'm sure there is meaning attached to this happening, especially since you had discussed death and funeral arrangements, when you saw the movie together 11 months prior.

I'm sorry that Jonathan had to cancel his camp, and you aren't able to go visit your family. Do you FaceTime or Skype or Zoom with your mom and uncle? That seems to be the way most people are connecting now, when they can't travel and see each other in person.

Good for you and your guys for being ready to vote! Will you get mail-in ballots?

I pray that NY and all the states will see a continuing decline in COVID cases. Our Governor is being as diplomatic as possible, but I saw his press conference yesterday morning, and I could tell that he was not a happy camper. He probably wanted to say, "We gave you an inch, and you took a mile, and now we're the second highest in COVID cases in the nation. So what if you can't go to a bar, or the beach, or get your hair cut or a tattoo! None of us can! It's life and death people!" Actually, he did say that in a variety of ways, just not that directly.

I also heard that hair and nail salons can stay open, if they can work outside. Huh? How is that going to work? The stylist takes you to a side of the building, tells you to bend over, and washes your hair using a hose. Blow dry? We'll wait for a good wind gust. Coloring? A perm? In the blazing sun? The weather has been unseasonably cool recently, but that will change, and it will be in the 100s.

I just shake my head. It's a pandemic. That means we all have to sacrifice. We don't have to like it, but we have to do it, if we're going to survive.

I think about all of the COVID patients on ventilators, dying, who have no loved ones around them. And the dedicated medical personnel, attending to them. They aren't worried about their hair and nails, or going out to party. They just want to live through this horrific ordeal. That is the ultimate sacrifice.

Like Gov. Newsom, I'm a bit testy myself!

I watched a conversation today between John Lewis and Jon Batiste (who is Stephen Colbert's band leader and an activist in the BLM movement).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCHBi030TMM

John Lewis has a special place in Heaven. What a beautiful man.

Marcie, I walk beside you holding your hand and pray for peace and comfort for you, Nick, Brian, Jonathan, and your family. May you be healthy and safe. Thank you for your friendship, love and support. I love you.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Dear Rose,

Unfortunately Covid isn't going away as fast as we like it too. The hair salons here have been very careful. Everyone is masked and the chairs are social distanced spaced out. It's the same way for the barbers.

The kids and I are making other plans for the summer. We are going to stay close to home. I don't live that far from the ocean and we go down during the weekend at night to go the beach. We have been exploring Long Island and going out to the North Fork of the island to the little towns that are out there. We leave early to beat the traffic and we have a nice day.

IMG_5629.jpg I don' t know why it is sideways!

Thank you for your kind thoughts for my family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
    Marcie
    Last edited by Nick,Brian,andJon'sMom; 07-22-2020 at 04:20 PM.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((Marcie)))))) ~

Sideways is fine. That is a beautiful photograph. How serene and peaceful. I'm so glad that you have this place for solace and time with your young men. If I had access, that's where I would want to be too.

At today's press conference, the physician for California (can't recall his title) said that we can't get control of the virus, unless we all comply with the safety guidelines. They are all chomping at the bit to reopen schools, and we're the epicenter of COVID right now! I know this is difficult for so many people in so many ways. But we have to have a lock down, or this is just never going to end.

Another point he raised is that we can't stop people from coming into California. It's just disheartening.

When you go to the beach again, please take me with you. I will be there with you in spirit. I promise.

With smoothies!

Many hugs to you and your beautiful family, all my love and prayers.

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Default Reunion

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Today, John assisted me in installing a virtual visit app on the iPad. He asked me the name of one of my friends, which he typed in and there she was! She answered, and for the first time in 3 years, we were face to face! It was amazing!

She met John and they chatted, and John told her how important it is to me to be connecting with my dear friends. "Rose is alone for the first time in her life, and she really needs to be with all of you. I'm so happy we can do this."

So that friend notified two of our other friends, who answered, and there we were, all four of us face to face. The other three friends I haven't seen each other since Michael's passing. That is 17 years.

We have known each other as a group for 44 years. And we are a tight group, deeply connected. We brought each other up to date on our lives, asked each other questions, laughed, and cried.

One friend is missing in our virtual visit, which is why we gathered. She is in the end stages of ALS, and we are going to rally around her through this virtual visit app, shower her with our love and prayers, and remind her of all of the wonderful times we have shared together.

Naturally, we are all heart broken. I think we'd all agree that she has the sweetest heart among us, and the best hugs and most radiant smile.

It was helpful for me to visit first with the other gals, to bring me up to date on their lives, so we can focus solely on our dear friend when we have our next visit. Of course, all of them are grieving with me for Jonathan, Michael, and Jim. We are close knit, and we have all been through a lot together. So much love.

Once I was established in the conversation, John said his farewell to all of us to let us be together. After he left, my friend said, "He is so sweet, kind, helpful ... and handsome!" "And he sure loves you and is protecting you."

Bittersweet.

My prayers and love to all and to your loved ones. Stay close and connected. Life is fragile and fleeting. Focus on today.

Love & Light,

Rose

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Today, John assisted me in installing a virtual visit app on the iPad. He asked me the name of one of my friends, which he typed in and there she was! She answered, and for the first time in 3 years, we were face to face! It was amazing!

She met John and they chatted, and John told her how important it is to me to be connecting with my dear friends. "Rose is alone for the first time in her life, and she really needs to be with all of you. I'm so happy we can do this."

So that friend notified two of our other friends, who answered, and there we were, all four of us face to face. The other three friends I haven't seen each other since Michael's passing. That is 17 years.

We have known each other as a group for 44 years. And we are a tight group, deeply connected. We brought each other up to date on our lives, asked each other questions, laughed, and cried.

One friend is missing in our virtual visit, which is why we gathered. She is in the end stages of ALS, and we are going to rally around her through this virtual visit app, shower her with our love and prayers, and remind her of all of the wonderful times we have shared together.

Naturally, we are all heart broken. I think we'd all agree that she has the sweetest heart among us, and the best hugs and most radiant smile.

It was helpful for me to visit first with the other gals, to bring me up to date on their lives, so we can focus solely on our dear friend when we have our next visit. Of course, all of them are grieving with me for Jonathan, Michael, and Jim. We are close knit, and we have all been through a lot together. So much love.

Once I was established in the conversation, John said his farewell to all of us to let us be together. After he left, my friend said, "He is so sweet, kind, helpful ... and handsome!" "And he sure loves you and is protecting you."

Bittersweet.

My prayers and love to all and to your loved ones. Stay close and connected. Life is fragile and fleeting. Focus on today.

Love & Light,

Rose

Welcome to the miracle of Video Call! One of the only human connections we have during COVID19. SO glad you got to see your friends again with John's help! I'm so sorry one of them has ALS. My prayers to that person.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Default Disconnecting During the Connection

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Thank you as always for your prayers.

After cutting my hair, putting on makeup and a cute blouse, as if we were going out to lunch or somewhere else, I was delighted to connect with my four dear friends. My friend with ALS was ecstatic to see me, as I was to see her. She had visited with the other 3 friends virtually and many times face to face in the last 17 years.

Unfortunately, I had connection problems with the iPad, so I lost connection and couldn't figure out how to get back in. In Settings, it said Cellular data no SIM. Well, I have a SIM, I remember John installing it for us last year. I couldn't have used it all of this time if it didn't have a SIM.

Finally, I got out the iPad for Dummies book and decided to just shut down the iPad. It worked, and I was able to return to the group. By that time our sweet friend was fatigued, so we had to say goodbye.

I couldn't figure out how to close out of the app. I tried every icon and got nowhere. So, I just shut down the iPad again. I don't know how much of my allotted data this is consuming. I don't even understand how that works, honestly.

My friends insisted that I need to get WiFi. I don't want WiFi. I think about the magnitude of electromagnetic field radiation, to which I've been exposed in my lifetime, and it's staggering. Every x-ray Jon and Michael had. Every CT scan, MRI, every ventilator, everything in every ICU. All of the equipment we have had in our home for them. Microwaves, TV, computers, stereos, fridge, stove, etc. It adds up.

I don't want to be "wireless." I've tried to do that, and I see all these other wireless names on a list and think anyone can hack into anyone's group. Or whatever they're called. I don't want it.

Numerous times John told us that our reception up here, even with WiFi, which his parents 2 doors down had, sucks.

If having WiFi means that a person has to come into my home to install it, then absolutely not. Nope. No. COVID cases are rising here, and I'm not willing to take the risk of getting it so I can have better reception/connection. Because, if I die from COVID, I won't need WiFi anyway!

Also, I have so many really necessary and important things to manage with the house and the tree and yard, that this is the last thing on my list, if I'm going to do anything right now.

We'll just have to do our best to connect when the signal is good here. I don't know. A few minutes is better than no minutes?

It was for me at least.

Thank you again for your prayers, and many prayers to you and your loved ones.

And to all of our friends here, I love and pray for you and your loved ones too.

Be safe and stay well.

Love & Light,

Rose

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Dear Rose,

Technology can be a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. It's lovely that you were able to visit your friends online. Tech has opened so many doors for people that have been homebound. I use Zoom for work and I am able to see my team every morning for our morning meeting because the majority of them are still working remote. Luckily I have a job that people can work from home and see their clients. I do get tired of being in front of the computer and on camera good portion of my day. I get home and try to take a break from tech and wind down from the day/

What's nice about wifi, is that you don't need to use your data. Many of the apps used for video chat or Zoom use a lot of data because the app is constantly working to keep it working. It also drains your battery on your devices. I use my ipad at work and it always surprises me on how much the battery was drained after a session. They would need to come into your house and set it up but I do understand why you are hesitant to get it. Is it possible that you already have it in your house because you have a modem for your computer?

It's been a hot few days here. We are used to the almost 100 degree heat we have been having. The community pool is open but with strict social distancing and limited occupancy so we will be staying home. I stay put in my nice air conditioned living room!

I can't believe how fast the summer is going. It will be August on Saturday. The whole year has been unusual. I don't think anybody bad a global pandemic on their bingo card!

Have a good day and sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

Love,
    Marcie
    Last edited by Nick,Brian,andJon'sMom; 07-27-2020 at 06:29 PM.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I have Wfi because I have a Kindle and I need it for that. So funny, I called Spectrum to get it installed many years ago when I was going to get my first kindle. The man just said "o.k." Then he said go in your living room and see if your kindle works. It did, so I had had it all along and didn't know it. He did ask first what kind of modem I had and I described it and so that is where my wifi is. Would you believe when I got my next bill they had added a couple of dollars for wifi - something I had had all along and never knew it. I am very dumb when it comes to things like that. Most buildings have wifi all over them now. They install it up in the attic of the buildings or where ever all the other wires are I think.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Thank you as always for your prayers.

After cutting my hair, putting on makeup and a cute blouse, as if we were going out to lunch or somewhere else, I was delighted to connect with my four dear friends. My friend with ALS was ecstatic to see me, as I was to see her. She had visited with the other 3 friends virtually and many times face to face in the last 17 years.

Unfortunately, I had connection problems with the iPad, so I lost connection and couldn't figure out how to get back in. In Settings, it said Cellular data no SIM. Well, I have a SIM, I remember John installing it for us last year. I couldn't have used it all of this time if it didn't have a SIM.

Finally, I got out the iPad for Dummies book and decided to just shut down the iPad. It worked, and I was able to return to the group. By that time our sweet friend was fatigued, so we had to say goodbye.

I couldn't figure out how to close out of the app. I tried every icon and got nowhere. So, I just shut down the iPad again. I don't know how much of my allotted data this is consuming. I don't even understand how that works, honestly.

My friends insisted that I need to get WiFi. I don't want WiFi. I think about the magnitude of electromagnetic field radiation, to which I've been exposed in my lifetime, and it's staggering. Every x-ray Jon and Michael had. Every CT scan, MRI, every ventilator, everything in every ICU. All of the equipment we have had in our home for them. Microwaves, TV, computers, stereos, fridge, stove, etc. It adds up.

I don't want to be "wireless." I've tried to do that, and I see all these other wireless names on a list and think anyone can hack into anyone's group. Or whatever they're called. I don't want it.

Numerous times John told us that our reception up here, even with WiFi, which his parents 2 doors down had, sucks.

If having WiFi means that a person has to come into my home to install it, then absolutely not. Nope. No. COVID cases are rising here, and I'm not willing to take the risk of getting it so I can have better reception/connection. Because, if I die from COVID, I won't need WiFi anyway!

Also, I have so many really necessary and important things to manage with the house and the tree and yard, that this is the last thing on my list, if I'm going to do anything right now.

We'll just have to do our best to connect when the signal is good here. I don't know. A few minutes is better than no minutes?

It was for me at least.

Thank you again for your prayers, and many prayers to you and your loved ones.

And to all of our friends here, I love and pray for you and your loved ones too.

Be safe and stay well.

Love & Light,

Rose

Thanks Rose! I hate WIFI so I'm totally with you on that! As to the SIM card error, that means your phone/iPad GB data is full. If you delete some photos or texts or any un needed junk the error should stop by itself. Zoom uses a ton of energy and even tires out my laptop i.e laptop heats up and glitches. Zoom often continues to run in the background which is why some people think it's used for spying by foreign governments LOL. Electromagnetic field radiation doesn't seem to be the main issue with WIFI anymore, it's hacking that's the issue. You can usually tap into a WIFI hotspot by pressing a settings button regardless. Hope this helps! You're welcome!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Default internet Connection Gone

(((((Hugs to All))))))

Thank you so much Marcie, Virginia, and funnylegs 4 for your advice and explanations. Itís good to know that video chats eat data.

Iím on the iPad now, because I lost my internet connection this morning. I called Spectrum and my modem wa pinged twice with no signal. Finally spoke to a nice lady who told me what Iíve been told before over the last few years: cables are old, need replacing. She read my signals compared to the needed range and they were so out of range below and above.

Iíve had intermittent reception for years, and now it is done. I have nothing. She talked about scheduling a tech, and I balked. She understood as she has a son in renal failure and her mom is a heart patient. She said she wouldní t talk me into it, but I do need new cables or not computer.

While I can make do with the iPad, I really need my computer. Itís just easier for me to see and compose on plus it has all of my history.

So, I am going to schedule for a tech to come out and upgrade the cables. I will wear a mask and gloves and stand far away from him. If he doesnít have a mask, I will give him one and gloves. I will ask about WiFi but I still donít want it. Hacking as you said funnylegs is a big concern.

This motivated me to clean the office today, which it really needed. Every crisis is a kick in the rear for me to organize and clean. I hope he does not have to access the attic. It is opens through the office closet ceiling and it is awkward.

I am not happy about any of this. But I need my computer. I just pray it does not kill me in the process of getting it back.

My love and prayers to all. Typing this is tiring on an iPad. Ugh!

Love & Light,

Rose

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast