Restoration Saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rose,
    I heard wild fires are spreading in CA so I pray for your safety. I'm so sorry your friend's ALS is progressing quickly. Has she invested in adapted equipment for the computer typing or adapted speech equipment at all? I pray for her.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

funnylegs4 ~

On my walk this morning, I smelled fire. The nearest fire to me is still a good distance away. But our weather is extremely hot, which means more fires are expected throughout the state.

Our dear friend is rapidly waning. Her sister told us that "it won't be long" before she passes. Today, her son, daughter in law, and their baby, our friend's first grandchild, are arriving to be with her. We are all devastated.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Hi Dear Rose,
        I am so sorry about your dear friend. The unpredictable, random nature of loss and suffering just seems huge right now doesn't it? It's all too much sometimes. I am so glad that you have John, your walks and kind strangers to help with whatever work you need done in the house. Jim and I came up to the cottage - it is so peaceful here. But even here... last night around 6pm, a young man of 23 drowned in our lake - he jumped off the jumping rocks and then did not surface. The police divers found him this morning. It is such a tragedy for his whole family (whom we know, although we didn't know the fellow who died - he was visiting from out west). This is the first fatal accident at our lake in 50 years. Again, it just seems so random and tragically in keeping with what befalls the human race in 2020.
        Well, we must remain positive and choose love, life and light and we will do that. Rose, I send you love and know that I think of you every single day, sending you my positive energy. I hope you feel it my dear!
        Donna xo
        Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
        Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Comment

((((((Donna)))))) ~

Oh, I am so very sorry about the tragic loss of such a young man! Did he hit his head when he dove in? I can only try to imagine the shock and sorrow of his loved ones.

And for you and Jim ~ after all of the challenges you and your family have endured this year, going to the Lake to relax and recover, and then this devastating accident happens. I'm just so sorry for you and his loved ones and your community there, because I know you are all close and have a history.

You are all in my prayers.

Well, today, our dear friend texted us! So, I misunderstood the third hand description of the conversation with her sister. I thought she was now in paralysis. She isn't. She can still use her left hand.

In her text, she told us that she had uncontrollable coughing on Thursday night and was sent to the ER. She said that she had a "small heart attack," but that she was okay and home now awaiting the arrival of her son and his family.

We all believe that she has been clinging onto life for this moment. She wants to hold and kiss her precious grandson. We are so grateful that she survived the coughing and heart attack, so that she and he can have those moments. And, of course, it has been quite awhile, since she has seen her oldest son.

I was honored to be a bridesmaid in her wedding to her devoted, loving, kind, sweet husband, who is caring for her now. And I watched her two sons grow up. I know her entire, very large family, because we are all family.

Of course, as we age, these are the challenges we are going to face. We are going to lose our lifelong friends, our parents, our neighbors. John is 51, and he's already lost 3 friends, 3 family members, and Jim to cancer, plus his parents to non-cancerous diseases.

It is heart-wrenching.

You are so right that we must pull ourselves up constantly to find our blessings, to help others, to do our best to cope with the never ending stress that 2020 has delivered to all of us.

I do feel your love and prayers all of the time, and I pray that you feel mine. Thank you for everything.

My love and prayers to all and to your loved ones. Be well and stay safe.

I leave you with this inspiration from Barbra's 9/11 tribute:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

You'll never walk alone.

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post

((((((Donna)))))) ~

Oh, I am so very sorry about the tragic loss of such a young man! Did he hit his head when he dove in? I can only try to imagine the shock and sorrow of his loved ones.

And for you and Jim ~ after all of the challenges you and your family have endured this year, going to the Lake to relax and recover, and then this devastating accident happens. I'm just so sorry for you and his loved ones and your community there, because I know you are all close and have a history.

You are all in my prayers.

Well, today, our dear friend texted us! So, I misunderstood the third hand description of the conversation with her sister. I thought she was now in paralysis. She isn't. She can still use her left hand.

In her text, she told us that she had uncontrollable coughing on Thursday night and was sent to the ER. She said that she had a "small heart attack," but that she was okay and home now awaiting the arrival of her son and his family.

We all believe that she has been clinging onto life for this moment. She wants to hold and kiss her precious grandson. We are so grateful that she survived the coughing and heart attack, so that she and he can have those moments. And, of course, it has been quite awhile, since she has seen her oldest son.

I was honored to be a bridesmaid in her wedding to her devoted, loving, kind, sweet husband, who is caring for her now. And I watched her two sons grow up. I know her entire, very large family, because we are all family.

Of course, as we age, these are the challenges we are going to face. We are going to lose our lifelong friends, our parents, our neighbors. John is 51, and he's already lost 3 friends, 3 family members, and Jim to cancer, plus his parents to non-cancerous diseases.

It is heart-wrenching.

You are so right that we must pull ourselves up constantly to find our blessings, to help others, to do our best to cope with the never ending stress that 2020 has delivered to all of us.

I do feel your love and prayers all of the time, and I pray that you feel mine. Thank you for everything.

My love and prayers to all and to your loved ones. Be well and stay safe.

I leave you with this inspiration from Barbra's 9/11 tribute:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

You'll never walk alone.

Love & Light,

Rose

Yikes Rose! Was the coughing a symptom of the heart attack? Can ALS contribute to heart attack? Or is this just another disease? My prayers that your friend stays pain free and enjoys the time she has with family. My prayers to the family of the guy who drowned.
            My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

funnylegs4 ~

I don't know the specifics of what occurred with my friend, when she was coughing and had a heart attack. Based upon what I have read about ALS, respiratory failure is a common cause of death.

As with most ALS patients, she cannot swallow properly, so she is fed via G Tube. Her speech has been affected as well, also typical for ALS patients. So, I'm just guessing that the coughing may have been triggered by too many secretions in her throat, or dryness, because she cannot close her mouth and breathes with it open.

I am also guessing that her "small" heart attack was associated with an elevated BP from the coughing spasms.

She is quite fragile, so any number of things could happen.

ALS is a horrible, insidious disease for which there is little treatment and no cure. For as long as it has been in existence as a diagnosed condition, it is shameful that no progress has been made to treat it and extend life.

Thank you so much for your prayers; every prayer counts. You and your loved ones are in my prayers always. I hope that all is well with you.

Love, hugs, prayers and healing energy to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Dear Rose,
                I am so sorry about your friend's ALS diagnosis and her recent heart attack. How miserable but oh my, she sounds like such an amazing person! Inspiring. IMG_2425.jpg I am at the cottage and it is very peaceful here. Jim is getting a bit stronger every day but I think it will take a while longer before he is back to baseline. Rose my dear, I am reading about the fires in CA and I am worried - are they near you? I hope you are safe!!! How are you managing these days? Sending much love xoxo Donna
                Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!

Comment

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post

funnylegs4 ~

I don't know the specifics of what occurred with my friend, when she was coughing and had a heart attack. Based upon what I have read about ALS, respiratory failure is a common cause of death.

As with most ALS patients, she cannot swallow properly, so she is fed via G Tube. Her speech has been affected as well, also typical for ALS patients. So, I'm just guessing that the coughing may have been triggered by too many secretions in her throat, or dryness, because she cannot close her mouth and breathes with it open.

I am also guessing that her "small" heart attack was associated with an elevated BP from the coughing spasms.

She is quite fragile, so any number of things could happen.

ALS is a horrible, insidious disease for which there is little treatment and no cure. For as long as it has been in existence as a diagnosed condition, it is shameful that no progress has been made to treat it and extend life.

Thank you so much for your prayers; every prayer counts. You and your loved ones are in my prayers always. I hope that all is well with you.

Love, hugs, prayers and healing energy to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Hi Rose,
                  Again I'm so sorry this is happening to your friend. I know some people with ALS choose to be on a ventilator similar to the one Brooke Ellison had. Yes with these neuromuscular diseases scientists seem to find the gene and/or mechanism for the disease but it takes them forever to find a treatment/medication/solution/cure. "The Gene" on PBS spoke about how scientists were trying to design medications that at least slowed the disease. I continue to pray for your friend.

Comment

Donna ~

Thank you for sharing the photo. Such a serene setting. I'm pleased that Jim is improving, and I hope you are both relaxing and enjoying the peace and quiet.

Currently, none of the fires are near me, but we all know that can change at any time. A few of my friends are or were in proximity to fires, but they haven't needed to evacuate, and the fires seem to be coming under control now.

We're having a heat wave with temperatures in the upper 90s and low 100s, and the humidity is 50-70 percent, which is unusual for us. Very uncomfortable, and my joints aren't pleased either. Genevieve, previously a Cat 4 hurricane, now reduced to a severe tropical storm is churning up the Pacific from Mexico. It is predicted to move west toward the sea, but we are feeling its moisture already.

Thank you as always for your love and prayers, and you know mine are with you and your family too.

funnylegs4 ~

My friend chose not to have a ventilator. I know that scientists have been trying to find medications, and I think there might be one or two on the market, but I'm not sure. Thank you for your prayers.

THE SADDEST NEWS

Last night, about 9:45, my dear friend passed, surrounded by her husband, sons, daughter in law, grandson, and her sister. Earlier in the day, my friend woke up briefly, and her sister took their last family photo, as they were all aware that she was in the process of dying. Nonetheless, my friend smiled along with her beloveds.

My girlfriends called me last night, but I was asleep, and my phone ringers were turned off. One of them texted, then emailed the last photo to me. When I got up this morning and opened my email, there were the messages that our dear friend had passed. We communicated by email, grieving together. A little while later, one of my friends called, and we cried, laughed as we recalled memories of our many fun times together, and talked about our courageous, wonderful friend and her family.

We are all so grateful for our virtual visit, and that our friend clung to life, until she could hold her precious grandson. We're also grateful that they were all with her. Had her son, daughter in law and grandson visited a couple of weeks ago, they wouldn't have been with her as she received her wings.

Today marks 4 months since Jim passed. I woke up at 1:30 this morning, the time he passed, and I couldn't go back to sleep. I tossed and turned, cried, prayed.

Upon learning of my friend's passing, the tears have just flowed like a leaking faucet all day. Sobbing, and just filled with sorrow.

I rejoice that they are all free of their physical vessels and pain and this unsettled, tumultuous, dangerous world we're in. I know that they are free and at peace. I am certain that Jim, Jon, and Michael were with her angels, when she arrived. They, like everyone who knows her, adored her. And she adored them.

She and her husband were at Michael's bedside, when he was extubated, and they prayed with us, and cherished Michael. After he passed, they, along with her brother and sister in law, came to our home to take all of Michael's medical equipment and supplies to a children's medical orphanage in Mexico. Her brother was a missionary, and he passed last year in his sleep from a heart attack. So, her family is coping with two significant losses in a year.

John texted me today about visiting, and I told him about my friend's passing, and that I couldn't talk on the phone, because I am crying too hard. I didn't want to upset John, and I know that he worries about me every day. Of course, he understood, having helped me set up the virtual visit with her, seeing all of our photos with her, hearing my stories about our lives together. And, as always, he was compassionate, offered his and his family's prayers, assured me that he is here for me for anything all the time, and comforted me.

Also, his mother passed in March. So, we've had far too many losses in a very short time. His mother and I were very close friends and close neighbors. I miss her so very much.

So, that's how I am right now. Drained. Grief-stricken. Weary. Prayerful. Grateful.

Thank you all so much for your continuing support, friendship, love, prayers, and healing thoughts for me and my loved ones. You and your loved ones are always in my prayers, and I give thanks for the blessing you are in our lives.

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Rose, I am so very sorry for your loss. It's wonderful that you were able to visit virtually. Can't believe it's been 4 months since Jim's passing. You've accomplished so much in that time.
                      I hope the weather breaks a bit for you soon. We've had a little break low 80's and cooler nights. This is alway a double edged sword, these cooler nights really cool off the water in our pool! I love the pool but I really like it on the warm side. But we'll get the hot tub running for Kathleen she really prefers that to the pool. I love your idea about a floor pedal bike. I'm looking into that for her now, Thanks! With the cooler weather I've gotten her outside more. She hasn't asked about football yet but I'm sure she will soon. They usually start playing late August early September. We visited outside with our good friends (Kathleen calls them her other mom dada and sisters LOL) We had a campfire and made smores. This friend is a teacher so come September when she goes back to the classroom we will not get together in person. Kathleen has been good with all this but I do know she misses seeing people, she takes my phone sometimes and texts people to come visit or that she's having a pretend birthday party. We joke about it because one number in my phone is one of the friends I mentioned he's the dad and he gets texts from MY phone that say "please come over I need a big hug" or "I come to your house and visit" She's even tested "we need a sleepover" HAHAHHA. I usually make a picture book from our summer but it may be a bit skimpy this year LOL.
                      Please stay safe, and healthy and strong!
                      Mary Grace

Comment

Dear Rose,
                        I am so very sorry for the loss of your dearu friend. "Drained. Grief-stricken. Weary. Prayerful. Grateful" These words crystallise what I feel reading your post and imagining your friendship, the history, the love, the loyalty and the witnessing of each other's most emotional transitions. I am so sorry that you lost your friend, Rose. I'm glad though, that she got to be with her family in the last moments of her life.
                        Sending you love and healing prayers - may the burden of your grief ease in the days to come. xoxox Donna

Comment

Mary Grace ~

Thank you for your condolences.

You have done a great job keeping Kathleen occupied this summer. Maybe you could pull out the photos from previous summers to reminisce. How cute that she is texting your adult friends inviting them to a sleepover! I'm sorry that COVID is interfering with your social life with friends and family. The floor pedaler is basic and pretty inexpensive. I ordered Jim's from Amazon. They have lots of styles.

Keeping you, Kathleen and your lovely family and friends in my prayers.

Donna ~

Thank you for your love and prayers.

I'm feeling pretty ragged today, completely overstressed. I've been taking it easy all day. The heat and humidity are getting to me.

Yesterday, my 3 friends and I had a virtual visit. I lost my internet connection on the iPad several times. I'm going to call my provider to get unlimited data and to ask why I lose internet connections. That will not happen until I'm feeling better.

It was a difficult chat, because we are all raw, a little angry (normal), in shock (normal). We're going to plan another chat, where we will focus on our wonderful memories of our sweet friend.

I know that my friend is at peace in God's Arms, free of pain and struggle. I rejoice for her, as I do Jim, Jon, Michael, John's mom, and all of my loved ones in Bliss.

I think about her family so much, because I know what they are going through right now. Like her, they are all loving and filled with faith, which I know will see them through losing her.

We are wondering what plans they might have for a service for her, since no churches are being used for congregations. Perhaps something could be held outside, but the heat and humidity are absolutely brutal.

I walked 2/3 mile this morning in light clothing, and when I got home I was sweating. It was 78 degrees with 35% humidity, just after dawn. On my walk, I saw a public notice that West Nile Virus has been found in our area. Great! Just what we need! The notice warned not to be outside at dawn or dusk. But dawn is the coolest time of the day, when many people walk. I encountered 5 neighbors this morning, all wearing masks. I step aside to social distance on the greenbelt. I wore a jacket and long pants this morning to avoid mosquito bites.

The warning notice also said to be careful about standing water. Well, my neighbor waters every single morning, and various parts of their flower beds are left with standing water. I water our front yard 3 times a week. No standing water, because it soaks into the ground. That is also the rule during water conservation, which my neighbors ignore.

Over the years, I have complained numerous times about standing water puddles on our sidewalks in common areas, from sprinklers over-spraying. I have to avoid them, so I don't slip and fall. They still have not been rectified.

So now, we have West Nile Virus, as we have for several years.

My prayers are with you that Jim is feeling better with every day, and that you are able to relax after this stressful year.

Sending all of my love, prayers and hugs to everyone here ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Dear Rose,

My condolences on the loss of your friend. ALS is an insidious disease. It was nice that you were able to spend time with your friends and remember her.

We had a week of nice weather but today it was hot and muggy. I am looking forward to the fall weather because of the cooler temperatures. I can't believe that we are almost into September. I don't know if the summer has gone fast or slow at this point. We haven't done anything exciting but I am going on vacation in a week and I am looking forward to that. It will be a stayvacation but it's better than nothing.

Donna, how is your husband doing? Happy to hear he is on the mend.

Love,
                            Marcie

Comment

Rose I am truly sorry on the loss of your dear friend. I am glad that her family got to be with her. Prayers and safe hugs sent out.

Comment

Marcie ~

Thank you very much for your condolences.

Who knows what to expect with the weather these days? We had a mild summer up to this past week, when the heat and then unusual humidity landed. Genevieve is rolling up the Pacific coast from Baja, and we're feeling it, even though we are on the outer perimeter of it. Of course, most of California is on fire too.

I hope you have a cool and pleasant Fall. Enjoy your staycation! Do you have any plans, or are you just going to wing it everyday? Just not working will be a vacation for you.

Chris ~

Thank you so much for your hugs and prayers.

My friend's sister texted that it may take 6 weeks for her to be cremated and to obtain her cremains. I was surprised by that length of time. Then, I Googled and discovered that mortuaries and crematoriums are backlogged with people, who died from COVID-19. How tragic for every family, who has lost a loved one to COVID or any other cause. I can't imagine having to wait that long, and I'm grateful that I didn't have to wait.

Although I only slept 4 hours last night, I am feeling a bit better today. I'm doing breathing exercises, meditation and prayer to reduce my stress.
                                I've been watching a variety of movies, while parked in Jon's recliner in the living room, mostly on TCM. Last night, I watched "Love With the Proper Stranger," with Steve McQueen and Natalie Wood. I watched the movie many times as a teenager and remembered most of it. It's a drama/comedy/romance story, with some powerful painful scenes, and some really cute scenes.

It's Olivia de Haviland day today, and this morning I watched "The Light in the Piazza." Yvette Mimieux plays her daughter, who was brain injured as a child and has a "mental disability." Gorgeous scenery, and a very touching story of romance and choices.

I've also been watching the Dodgers, who ended a 4 game streak against the Colorado Rockies today. During today's game, John and I texted quite a bit. For a long time, he couldn't watch the games, because he was not a Spectrum customer. But, they negotiated a deal with whatever satellite dish he has, so he's been watching this season, and he is so chuffed.

His wife and daughter were doing other things, so he was watching alone. We're both avid Dodgers' fans, so we "watched" the game together via text. It was a great game. The Dodgers had 7 home runs! Wow!

So, that helped to have contact with him today.

Thank you all for your love, prayers, support, friendship, and for standing beside me all of these years. I walk with you, pray for, support and love every one of you. God Bless You.

Be well. Be safe.

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Working...
                                X