Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Restoration Saga

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))

Thank you Ann, Marcie, Mary Grace, and Virginia ~

I dream quite a bit now, but most of the time I can barely remember the dream specifically. I am sure that I am working out all kinds of things in my dreams.

This dream was vivid, and I knew that Jim, Jonathan, and Michael were really with me. I felt their powerful energy. To see them so ebullient and radiant is such a blessing.

I don’t know how to link on the iPad, or I would link to Diamond Rio performing “I Believe” on YouTube.

As you said Virginia, the love goes on.

Love is eternal. And we need all of the love we can garner in this frightening, tumultuous time.

I send you love, peace, and healing, strengthening prayers ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Angelic Intervention

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

My computer is back on line! Yay!

It turned out to be a simple fix, just replacing the 20 year old splitter in the attic.

Raul, the technician, was so nice. He got two calls from his wife as he was replacing the splitter (on a ladder in the office closet, as the access to the attic is in the ceiling). She was worried, because her son was not responding to her iPad messages to him. He told me that his son had pneumonia a few years ago, and he was given so many antibiotics that it caused renal failure. He said they had to learn how to do dialysis at home. He couldn't walk, speak, eat orally. He got a new kidney, and now he's in good condition.

Raul also had a kidney transplant in 2014. So, he's known hardship.

I shared about Jon and Michael, and he was so sad. Then I told him I lost Jim 3 months ago. He exclaimed, "Oh no! You have been through so much! I'm so sorry!"

I also told him how important my computer is to me, as I'm a writer. He chuckled. "My daughter is a writer. We ask her to write something for us, and," he gestured with his hands as if he was holding a very long piece of paper.

"Yes, she's a writer! I am verbose too. If you ask me what time it is, I'll tell you how to build a clock."

He really laughed.

"That's a really old joke, Raul."

"I've never heard it before. But I'm going to say it to my daughter now! Everyone will laugh at that one, because it is so true!"

Raul said that I do need to upgrade the cables and the routing of the cables to work with the grounding cable installed 5 years ago. He said that with the new splitter I should have no more intermittent signals, but to bring my home up to 2020 standards, he advised that I have it done. I told him that I didn't want to go through that for awhile. I had told him about the water leak, so he understood that I've had enough problems.

He also commented that Spectrum is really busy now, which is why he was running late today. COVID means that people are at home and want upgrades to their service, evidently.

Raul said that he would report about the needed upgrade, and he said, "I will ask that they assign me, because I know your home now and exactly what needs to be done. It will take a few hours to do it. I want to help you as much as I can. So when you're ready, just call Spectrum and ask for me as your technician."

I told him that I only slept for 3 hours last night, and I had been praying for days and all night and today that it would be an easy fix. When it worked, I almost cried. I am so grateful. "I can't thank you enough! I feel like I should buy you a car or a house, or something."

"Aww... it makes me feel good to know that I helped you and took away some stress. Now, you do what you do. Write. Someday, I want to read your book." He said as he was closing up his van.

"You know, I was on my way to my 3-4 o'clock appointment, when I got the message that I was being directed to you instead. And, I thought that was okay, but my 3-4 appointment will be delayed. Not my call or my fault. But I don't like people to be waiting for me. But here you were waiting, and they sent me."

"I'm pretty sure that you are exactly who I was waiting for Raul. These things don't just happen."

And now, I can link "I Believe":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qb5HmyHTaA

Think about the wonderful people, who took care of our home and me throughout the restoration. I could have ended up with anybody, any company, who may not have cared about doing excellent work with kindness and compassion. They didn't draw it out for months, like my neighbors, who are still having work done on their home. They started in May!

And, for some reason, Raul was diverted from his next customer to come to help me.

There are more than Angels watching over me. I can't explain it. I just know it is true. My Angels are orchestrating everything to help me through this incredibly challenging and painful time. Their dream visit reassured me that they were near and doing their thing. They were telling me that they are never going to leave me.

And, I just told you how to build a clock.

My prayers are with all of you in the path of the "hurricane/tropical storm" that you will be safe, with no power outages, and have all of the things you need until it passes.

I love you very much ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Dear Rose,

Happy to hear the computer was a quick fix. Your Angels were watching out for you!

We had quite the windstorm here today. Lots of damage done to the trees and many people lost their huge trees when they were uprooted from the ground. My backyard was a mess when I came home from work. The landlord came to clean up the yard. Luckily we didn't lose power. Many people lost power and they are still waiting for it to come back on. I live on a main power grid that helps!

Love,
    Marcie

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((Marcie)))))) ~

Thank you so much for checking in to let us know that you are safe.

I'm giving thanks that you didn't lose power or have any significant damage to your home. Did you drive to and from work during all of this?

Is the storm past you now? Please remain safe.

Sending you, Nick, Brian, Jonathan and your entire family my love and continuing prayers.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free~

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Default Please Check In!

Thinking of all of you on the East Coast and praying that you have weathered the storm without any damage or injuries. Please check in when you can. Of course, if you don't have power or had to evacuate, I realize you can't check in. So if you can, please do, otherwise, I will worry.

Unfortunately, meteorologists are emphasizing that this is just the beginning of hurricane season. We just don't need more of this, but if the world doesn't start doing something about climate change, it will just get worse. We have about 9 years left to turn it around, according to climate scientists.

And COVID! I was so disappointed yesterday, when the news showed a corrected map of cases in the country. An earlier map showed a plateau in California. The revised map showed an increase.

I wonder what percentage of the cases are homeless people, since our state has an enormous homeless population. Our city council tried years ago to establish a halfway house for homeless folks, but the citizens said "not in my backyard." That is absurd. It's okay for them to be on our streets in front of stores and restaurants, sleeping in the parks, the bus station, but not in a comfortable home like setting, where they get food and medical attention?

It reminds me of Pink Floyd's song, "Money" ~ "I'm all right, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack."

California has the 5th largest economy in the World. There is plenty of money here to solve the homeless crisis, but there is no will to do so.

I have always paid my taxes willingly, though I dreaded the stress of filling out the forms and understanding the tax law changes. But, I have begrudged every dime that has not been directed toward our most vulnerable citizens and mismanaged and used for frivolous things.

But, clearly, I digress. I'm sorry! These are things, which bother me, when I look at The Big Picture.

On a much lighter note, the morning after I dreamed about Jim, Jon and Michael, I walked out of the garage to start my walk, and sitting still on the front lawn was an adorable cottontail. Still as a statue, as I chatted with her/him. I cooed, "Feel free to visit any time! I love you! You are adorable!"

A couple of months ago perhaps, I saw a bunny sitting in our backyard. I don't know whether they are attracted by Michael's waterfall/pond, or if they are messengers from my Angels. Or both.

My prayers are with all of you and your loved ones that you are safe and well. Please check in, whenever you are able to do so.

Love & Light,

Rose

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

:)I HAD NO DAMAGE FROM Isaias. But apparently other places had it bad. JEANIE:)

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Rose, I enjoyed “I Believe”. Thanks for the link.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Rose, So glad you got your computer up and running! Tech problems really frustrate me. Luckily that's what my husband does for a living. That can be good and bad he does it all day so sometimes he doesn't really want to deal with it at home LOL.
    It restores faith in so many ways hearing stories about the people who come into your life. It seems that they are who you need and you are who they need at the time. You are a kind strong person and when they see that that is how you are treated!
    We survived the Isaias! We were actually quite lucky. We didn't lose power. We did get water in our basement which doesn't typically happen. Luckily we had bought my husband a big brand new wet/dry vac for Father's day LOL. Our pool was very close to overflowing. It took a little work yesterday to clean it out. The wind really scared me since we have so many big old trees! We saw so many that uprooted. I can't imagine living in a place that gets these storms much worse and often. Now the weather is beautiful!
    Stay well stay safe!
    Mary Grace

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Hi Rose,

Luckily we didn't lose power but I know many people did. Some are still waiting for it to get turned on. The electric company wasn't very well prepared for the wind that we had from the storm. We didn't get much rain but the wind damage was very bad.

I love the signs that you are getting from you Guys. It is very comforting to you.

Love,
    Marcie

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Thank You!

Jeanie ~

I'm so grateful that you didn't have any damage. How did your mango trees fare? Keeping you in my prayers that the shingles and fall pain are lessening. You have been through so much!

Virginia ~

"I Believe" is very special to us. A friend shared it after Michael passed, and it was just perfect and remains even more so today.

Mary Grace ~

God and our Angels place these people in my life. I am incredibly blessed. During the restoration, I made sure that I thanked everyone every day for helping me, and I praised them for their excellent work.

On my walks, I always greet everyone with a smile (behind a mask now), "Good Morning" and "Have a wonderful day!" I wave at people at a distance from me. I wave at our landscape workers, the trash man, the Fed Ex driver.

I've found that, when I let my "little light shine," others respond by shining their little light.

I'm so grateful that your trees didn't topple, but it sounds like you had a lot of work with the basement and the pool. And now, you have the calm after the storm.

Marcie ~

Power outages are awful, and I'm thankful that you didn't experience it. We've been through some doozies in past years, which is why we got a generator to keep Jon's equipment running.

Oh yes, the bunny was so comforting to see. I don't know why they are gravitating to our neighborhood and particularly my house. They generally stay around the golf course. Since they are prolific producers of offspring, I hope they aren't "nesting" here, and I end up with a bunch of bunnies!

Restoration Update:

Today, I received an email from my insurance agency about payments made for work done on my home. I knew this was a mistake, because my claim was settled and closed at the beginning of June.

I scrolled through the various payments made and noticed that the address was for a city in another part of the county. My name, wrong address.

I replied to the email to notify them that they had sent the information to the wrong claimant. I saw the names of several of the people, with whom I worked during my restoration. I'm surprised that it passed by all of them without recognizing the error.

Oh well, not my problem. I notified the sender that she confused me with another claimant. I am not going to worry about it.

Today

I took the van for a drive and decided to go to the bank to deposit a check for the refund of Jim's Medicare insurance for the year. En route, I encountered an accident, which had apparently just occurred. One police car was present. A pick up truck and two compacts. This is a notorious intersection for accidents, and this is the second one I've seen there this year. I think I need to take a different route.

When I got to the bank, there was a line at the ATM and to get into the bank. Nope. I drove home via a different route.

Driving up to an accident, which has just occurred, always makes me stop and give thanks that I didn't leave 5 minutes earlier to get to my destination.

Another police car arrived, but no one was directing traffic, so we all just followed the lights, and I was relieved to be past that intersection.

I do believe!

Please take super good care of yourselves and your loved ones. I love you and my prayers are with you all.

Love & Light,

Rose

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast