Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gee -- I'm lonesome

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Default Gee -- I'm lonesome

I sure wish someone was chatting.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Jingle,

It’s easy to be lonesome these days, I’m sure.

Tell me how you and your cat(s) are and what you’ve cooked today.

I made a butter bean and vegetable soup yesterday. Even with setting some aside for my mother in law we will still have it for at least one supper and two lunches.

The cats got a shopping bag full of fancy foods, treats and dry foods from a woman on Nextdoor that was giving it all away after her senior cat died. Wish I could share it with you and Chris.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Ann -- you are a kind and wonderful person. Bless your heart.

Today I ate leftover vegetable beef soup again Tomorrow I might fry some chicken.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I hear via the network news that chicken and beef may be hard to find in the upcoming months.

ANN

8. The following user says "thanks"

Yes - I've heard that too, over and over. IMHO we might be able to find some chicken and beef, but they will cost too much to buy.

Another 'cost too much' …. I am blessed with GREAT insurance to go with Medicare. In the past years I've had several major surgeries and many, many tests like PET and MRI, but I have never paid a penny (except the normal cost out of yearly income). Now I've been receiving stacks of papers about the surgeries I've had in the past two months. I owe!! It's just small amounts but I am very surprised. And very scared.

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Have both of your insurances paid, Jingle?

I know with my mom’s recent hospitalizations, she had early bills that said she owed which she paid immediately because she can’t stand owing. Later, after her secondary paid, she actually got a refund check. Often, it’s hard to get money back already paid.

Best of luck on this.

It’s a snappy cool morning here. A beautiful day is unfolding.
    ANN

12. The following user says "thanks"

I think (lol lol) both insurances have paid … and those papers I have gotten are from the insurance companies - not the hospital or doctors. I won't pay until I get an actual bill/statement. The papers all have "This Is Not A Bill" printed across the top of the first page but end with "Amount Owed" on the bottom of the last page.

Here, in Missouri, it's lovely, 68* right now and supposed to hit 80* this afternoon. Wonderful day -- wonderful day that's supposed to turn into rain tonight and last through tomorrow, Sunday. I wonder if we will not have parking lot church tomorrow?

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

“Parking lot church” sounds so funny. It makes me smile.

Peter went to Trader Joe’s today. The only meat I wanted was boneless, skinless chicken breast and microwave bacon. They had they both. The only things onthe list that the didn’t have were coffee filters and a fresh sweet corn and buratto cheese ravioli.

Everything is wiped down and put away now. Time for second coffee.

ANN

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are real people here posting if that's any help, jingle.

I write posts here at BT and then change my mind before posting them. I do that a lot.

But I know this must be an uneasy lonely time for many people who are usually out and about more.

I've signed up for Netflix again and look forward to getting DVDs in the mail now. They also have streaming movies if you want.

I enjoy watching movies (or reading books) because they put me in a different world for a while and I forget the problems of the world I'm actually in. I use them for an escape, and maybe that's what most people do.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

18. The following user says "thanks"

Most of my getting out is church … Sunday School and then worship service on Sunday morning, then another service on Sunday night, then Wednesday night service. And I baked soooo much - usually for the local police station.

Agate, I read A LOT. I love reading … right now I'm in A GENTLEMAN IN MOSCOW by Amor Towles. It's not gripping but it is good. I'm going to look around Amazon to see his other books. Amazon - lol. When I visit Amazon they greet me with, "Hi Nancy (I am a Nancy) We have some books we know you will enjoy." Then I get a nice, big list of books I probably will enjoy. Once in a while Amazon sends me a list of things they think I would like.

Ann - that's what I'm fixing for tonight's dinner -- boneless chicken breasts to be fried, potato salad, baked beans, cole slaw and cherry tomatoes. One of my favorite meals.

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast