Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: May chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

I am sorry you have another problem, Nuthatch.

And Virginia, I hope you are not in a flare but sounds as if you are. Take care. I hear you about opening up the state. You can make your own decision to delay going out in public until you think it is safer. Peter is going to resist going in to work as long as possible. I cut his hair and the front of mine and did my color with Keracolor from Amazon. I’ve used it three times now.

Sunshine, I hope things are some better.

Howie, be cautious the next few days, please.

Best to everyone,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

nuthatch ~

When you were in the hospital, the attending physician should have told you about your heart, as well as the results of all tests you were given. You should have had a cardiology consult while in the hospital, as well as any related tests to rule out congestive heart failure or any other possibility. Based upon my countless hospital experiences with my boys and Jim, that is pro forma.

Do they have access to any other chest x-rays you've had in the past to compare with the one you had in January? That would indicate whether this is a new or a previously existing condition.

I hope that your NP will call you to discuss the results of your blood work. That is also pro forma.

Did you talk to your home health nurse about your heart? Of course, we have a great home health nurse, who has decades of experience, so she was able to answer all of our questions. Always feel free to ask your nurse anything.

Your anxiety is absolutely understandable. Like being out on a limb. Please try to find ways to help reduce your stress as you go through this process. I know how difficult that is.

You are in my prayers.

Virginia ~

I'm so sorry you are going through this. These are such stressful times for everyone, and stress manifests itself physically in many ways. Flares are one example, as ANN said. I can't speak to MS, of course, but I know that stress exacerbates my RA, digestive system, and sometimes, I'm covered in a sunburn-like rash.

Your fear of going to the dentist right now, but needing to go, is so familiar to me. Perhaps your current symptoms could be related to the lost fillings. Our oral health is critical to our systemic health. You might find that after your teeth have been repaired, your MS symptoms will lessen or subside. I don't know, of course, just thinking outside of the box.

Let me just say this about hair:

I have not had my hair cut since October 2018. The length of it is to the middle of my back. I pull it up in a scrunchie pony tail, because it is so annoying. It takes too long to wash and condition it, a lot of towel drying, and an hour of air drying.

It would be wonderful to have my hair cut, and I've thought of cutting it myself, but all of my long mirrors are gone with the restoration in progress.

So I just look like a hippie grandma now, grey hair and all, and I don't care. I put on a little make up, and I look at myself in the medicine cabinet mirror and shake my head. "That's the best it's going to get. Done."

I've never met you nor have I seen a photo of you, but I don't have to, because I know you are beautiful.

Trust and believe that your dentist will take all of the necessary precautions to fill your cavities. Hope that this procedure will reduce your MS symptoms. And when you recover from these two things, then make an appointment to have your hair done.

You are in my prayers.

Howie ~

Have you been taking Gabapentin, or did you stop taking it, and now you're back on it?

Did a neurologist diagnose your seizures (I can't remember)? If not, have you considered seeing a neuro related to your seizures?

If you stopped taking Gabapentin and were seizure-free for some time, that's great. Unfortunately, seizures have a way of appearing at unexpected times, and when that occurs, medication is again necessary.

I know that you don't want to hear this, Howie, but I worry about you driving, until your seizures are controlled. I think some of the hens here might cluck in agreement with me. We love you and want you to be safe and well with Sam. And for your antenna situation to be resolved.

You are in my prayers.

Sunshine ~

As we all are, I'm anxious to hear from you about your results and IVIg.

You are in my prayers.

To All ~

You're all in my prayers, of course, and I send each of you healing, positive energy.

No matter what our situation is, or what we are dealing with day to day, it is a stressful and frightening time.

We have to confront all of this with the same determination we have had all of our lives. MS hasn't beaten you down. You've battled it victoriously through every obstacle it has presented to you. We've lived through global and national tragedies, wars, and tremendous loss. Most of us were vaccinated for small pox. Remember that? And polio?

If we continue to follow the CDC guidelines, regardless of the re-opening throughout several states, we can protect ourselves. I wear a mask 8 hours a day, while two workers are in my home rebuilding it. They wear masks. It's still a risk, but what option do I have? I'm diligent about cleaning any surface they may have touched, but they are in my home.

We do what we have to do.

The rest can wait.

I love you all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Virginia and Howie, how are you today?

I’m good. Staying home. I planted some herbs and beans. I might have bought more seeds than I can plant. How can I resist? Look at these names:

Christmas Lima Beans
    Dragon Tongue Beans
    Red Velvet Lettuce
    Black Valentine Beans
    Bird Egg Beans
    Bridge to Paris Peppers
    Chocolate Runner pole beans!

I rest my case.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Ann, at least they sound pretty and good, now we will want to know if they taste good.

I went to the pharmacy and got some Azo. I felt maybe that might be part of my problem. If I had known about the hair color you use I would have gotten some from Amazon. I did not want to go out here. However, I will say on Belinda's behalf she is one of the cleanest persons with the cleanest shops you could ever hope to see. She is a very energetic person and often jumps up when I am there to go clean something. The bathroom is spotless. There are large plate glass windows and she sometimes goes down to wash the windows on the weekend. She will also be wearing a mask and gloves, as will I. There are only about 4 beauticians in that shop and they all have separate rooms, also they are supposed to work at 50 percent capacity. Belinda has a ton of energy and she said when she called me that she was a happy camper now that she could go back to work.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Howie is here, but I'm getting ready to call it a night. See you all in the morning. Good night.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, you can get meds for those spasms, and dont assume everything is MS! An underlying infex can also cause a “pseudo flare” such as a UTI.

Meds: Tizanidine, Baclofen , low doses gave me no SES, only the very high doses (when i hit 60 mg Baclofen, got the SEs) most start at 20 mg. I started Tizanidine episodically.

Spasms can also indicate something else. Such as undetected B12 Folate problems. Start with your doctor. A good listener. One you trust.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I am still in my medical saga and it has become complicated with a very uncaring doc and staff. In midst of addressing that, and figuring out what to do about theses deal breaking sys.

Swam yesterday.

I do 2 to 3 enemas a week, as I am chronically backed up from high doses.baclofren. They are warm water ENEma and take 1.5-2.5 hours and are rough because my legs work poorly, making going to and from the bed to toilet painful. And its too painful to sit and wait 90 minutes on the toilet .

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I've been battling this computer all afternoon. I couldn't get into my email. I was practically forced to download Microsoft Edge. So far, so good.

Other than that, I've done nothing but love on Sam, and look at YouTube.

Have a great day everyone.
    Last edited by Howie; 05-24-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Howie, hope you are feeling better.

Sunshine, what a dilemma you are in. I keep praying for better days for you.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sunshine ~

Have you tried: stool softeners, glycerin suppositories, prune juice, dates, papayas, Senna tea, Milk of Magnesia? Are you drinking plenty of water, because the bowels and the bladder compete for water? Does your diet include some kind of oil, like Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or Flax seed oil?

In my experience, the safest approach to constipation is to try these options first and an enema as a last resort.

I can't begin to imagine how painful this is for you.

My prayers are with you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 05-24-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast