Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: May chitchat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd never seen wild peonies before--a real treat, nuthatch. Is it true that peonies bloom for only about a week each year?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I've never seen wild peonies before either. They are beautiful.

I Have seen snake skins when I was growing up. People would point them out to me and tell me the snake had shed it's skin.

Nuthatch, so sorry you are not feeling well. Actually, I have had dizziness off and on since Monday, but mostly "on" so far today. I ironed 4 long sleeve blouses that had to be starched Monday. Yesterday I ironed 4 more of the same plus I pressed a pair of jeans. I am not going to do any housework today. I do not feel like trying to clean house while holding on to things while I am dizzy.

Sister-in-law came with my brother this morning to bring my weekly groceries. She brought me two homegrown tomatoes and two ears of corn that came from a stand close to their house. My treats this week were some zucchini muffins she had just made. I didn't know they were going to bring the tomatoes and corn, so I was delighted and will have a tomato sandwich and an ear of corn for dinner tonight and possibly tomorrow night. She usually brings me treats of some kind. Sometimes it is a little chocolate.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Someone else who irons! I've been getting the impression that many people just don't iron any more. Maybe they buy only clothes that are no-iron.

Snakes definitely have the right idea. No ironing for them. They just shed their skins and slither on.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I..R..O..N, what's that? You must mean FE, the element. Hard stuff!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I lost my iron about 50 years ago. Couldn’t find it anywhere! So, I trained my clothes to come out of the dryer looking ok or better. If they did not come out of the dryer looking ironed I gave them a second chance. If they failed that second chance....it was curtains!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Nuthatch, thank you for your posts and pictures. I so enjoy them.

Linda, thank you for the laugh. I think of you often. I went to “the last farm in the city” on Sunday by appointment. They had my small order of herbs and pak choy and a hanging cherry tomato ready. As you know, it’s been cold so the tomato is still in my bathroom under a skylight and over the tub. It smells great. The appointment system, with order and pay online, worked for me but they can’t be making money.

There was a large plant label in the box with my first and last name on it. I put it in the middle of the garden.

Back to ironing, I stopped sometime after I bought the house. Maybe 25 years ago. I try to buy things that don’t need much fussing - including ironing, dry cleaning or the dreaded “lay flat to dry.”

I have read here everyday but I have been very tired. MS-y tired. As in, “I can’t even think about getting out of my pajamas” tired. Or even write a check. Last night I slept nine and a half hours and feel some better. I did get dressed, garden-ed and walked with Peter.

Howie, how is the new antenna working?

Good night, all,
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 05-14-2020 at 07:02 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Ann I envy your green thumb. Every plant I have ever had has died. Years ago when my brother had his florist shop he made me 7 glass flower pots with plastic and silk plants. I hung them with macrame on the 7 beams in my Florida room. I still have them and have quit trying to keep any plant alive.

Yeah Howie did your antenna arrive? Jeanie :)

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Jeanie, you are in a tricky climate to grow in. My brother eventually worked it out but now is dealing with new challenges in N. Carolina. That was a good gift from your brother.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

My antenna arrives tomorrow. I've been watching the box set I have of Sea Hunt. B&W, but I loved that show. I wanted to be an oceanographer when I was a kid.

Oh, and the antenna I got didn't do a thing, so the one coming tomorrow has a 160 mile range. It had better work, or I'm getting cable.
    Last edited by Howie; 05-14-2020 at 06:52 AM.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nuthatch, thank you for your posts and pictures. I so enjoy them.

Linda, thank you for the laugh. I think of you often. I went to “the last farm in the city” on Sunday by appointment. They had my small order of herbs and pak choy and a hanging cherry tomato ready. As you know, it’s been cold so the tomato is still in my bathroom under a skylight and over the tub. It smells great. The appointment system, with order and pay online, worked for me but they can’t be making money.

There was a large plant label in the box with my first and last name on it. I put it in the middle of the garden.

Back to ironing, I stopped sometime after I bought the house. Maybe 25 years ago. I try to buy things that don’t need much fussing - including ironing, dry cleaning or the dreaded “lay flat to dry.”

I have read here everyday but I have been very tired. MS-y tired. As in, “I can’t even think about getting out of my pajamas” tired. Or even write a check. Last night I slept nine and a half hours and feel some better. I did get dressed, gardened and walked with Peter.

Howie, how is the new antenna working?

Good night, all,
    ANN
    Ann I think of you often too. I have been trying to take charge oof how I am spending my mental and physical energy. I stopped looking at Facebook for the most part. I sort of felt that I was hitching a ride on other people’s lives. I am quite surprised that I do not miss it. Just a casual scan to make sure I do not miss a big family moment. I am satisfied and saving much time.

Are you watching the free stream plays from the site: nationaltheatre.org.uk
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast