Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing for the lock down blues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you doing for the lock down blues?

It's starting to get to me which I find surprising. Given my pain and mobility issues, I don't get out much. On the other hand, I resent having that choice taken away. Spare me the lecture on safety. I really get it. I'm 71 and my immune system is a bad joke. I don't know what to believe relative to reports. They conflict. I shouldnt care complain about money. The rent and electric are paid and I have food. I am blessed but am slowly turning into a real grouch. The walls in my loft feel like they are closing in. Oh, I live alone. No pets. HELP!!!

I wish I could help you … or help myself I'm 75, but don't have to deal with too much pain... I'll certainly be glad when this mess is over and I can get to the pain clinic for my back.
    I live in a little condo and can come and go as I please, even now.

Comment

((((((LeBieu)))))) ~

First, listen to the doctors and scientists and not the politicians. COVID-19 is surging in some regions, and it's likely to return in the Fall, even if we get some control over it. Opening up places to stimulate the economy is likely to cause a further surge in the virus.

My next suggestion is to use whatever device you have to access BT, to find videos, movies, music, documentaries, whatever interests you, on line. Distraction and entertainment are good tools to use during the pandemic. No matter what your interests are, there's bound to be something on line showcasing them.

I'm fairly sure that most people around the world, who are self-isolating, feel the way you do. No one wants to be told that they can't do whatever they want to do. Even when they can't actually do it anyway. I just went through that with Jim.

Like me and jingle, you have lived through many traumatic events in our history. But COVID -19 has to be the most stressful for us, because it requires isolation. None of those other events (Vietnam through 9/11 and other wars) precluded us from our freedom to go on about our daily activities. Have pizza delivered. Hug each other.

You're not alone. We all feel the constraints and fear of COVID-19. We're all searching for toilet paper and masks.

I won't lecture you. But I will remind you that we are all in this together. You may feel alone, but you are not.

Sending you positive, healing energy during this very difficult time. Just remember, please, that you are not alone. You have many walking beside you on your journey.

Love & Light,

Rose
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

(((((Dear Rose)))))).

Of course you are right. I have decided that this pity party ends at midnight. I can wallow until then. Lol. I am accustomed to feeling useful by helping neighbors that are less functional than I am. Most of my neighbours are retired nuns in their 80s-90s. They're a feisty bunch but not doing well in solitary. They need their aids. Everyone have a blessed night.
        Last edited by LeBieu; 04-23-2020, 06:39 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

watching highway to heaven tv show on youtube ,walking

im disgusted at this phony covid nonesense

Comment

Hi Cloud z

Originally posted by clouds z View Post
            watching highway to heaven tv show on youtube ,walking

im disgusted at this phony covid nonesense

Have a great weekend and stay well.

Comment

Some nasty weather early this morning and the electric was down for 13 hours. Everything is up and running for the weekend so all is well.. One of my neighbors tested neg. for covid but positive for the antibodies. In other words mgt. thinks she had it and is now well. They want to test the entire building but they want us to go into solitary off campus for two weeks regardless of the results as we could pick up something in the testing process. I realize we are all hacking and have runny noses but that's the norm in this moldy/mildewy 150 year old building. This is the largest senior community in the state with approx. 1000 residents in the various sub communities. I think I'll put in a comedy and sip on a thick smoothie.. Y'all have a great night.
              Last edited by LeBieu; 04-24-2020, 02:39 PM. Reason: Winky autocorrect

Comment

LeBieu, thinking about you today.

How are you doing? Did they let help in yet? Did you get a shower? Some hot pizza?

It’s been three weeks since we’ve heard from you and I am concerned. Please check in.

Best thoughts,
                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

And Good to see someone I remember. I live in AZ. Which is getting hit HARD. Me and the cat (Smiley) are staying home. Glad you are doing well. We are doing our best. Your post cheered me up.
                  Blessings
                  Alex44

Comment

lebleu - Hope this finds you well. Have you ever considered a Kitty as a pet? My cat, Smiley, helps me with loneliness in this time of the Corvid, which scares me to death - I went out for the first time last nait but kept my distance from everyone, except my housemate, and had a good time. Kitty's are very low maintenance and only need a box, food and lot's of LOVE - they will love you back, just sayin, don't know your circumstances so... Yes, I am High Mileage too - maybe not as much as you- but keep on-keep on.

Blessings
                    Alex44

Ps good to see other members lending support.

Comment

hope this finds you well. Our Moose lodge BURNED down - a real bummer in a VERY small town - Now, I don't get to see much of anyone except at the post office where we pick our mail( no curbside delivery or even a community mailbox - oh well. Take care - be well.
                      Blessings
                      A.

Comment

I second the advice about a pet. Cats make great pets, and I've almost always had one in residence though a couple of years ago I realized that the responsibility was probably too much for me, and so I don't have a cat now but they are usually low-maintenance and are great companions.

If you don't feel up to that, even fish can be entertaining. There are some very interesting types of tropical fish, and they're always interesting to watch.

I live in HUD-subsidized rental housing, and the apartments are small--typically about 500 square feet. But a neighbor had 5 cockatiels in one of those apartments. You might enjoy a bird or two.

Then there are the neighbors who have dogs as companion animals. They get around some housing rules in that way. I believe a doctor has to sign off on their need for a companion animal first, but then they can have a larger dog than usually would be allowed.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Just try to be thankful of the blessings everyday even life is harder with this Covid thing going on. Happiness makes life fuller, anyway.

Comment

bible says we have 70 years to live or maybe 80?

this lock down is a joke and people act like they can live forever while eating junk food''ill take no vaccines

new Hampshire motto is live free or die

Comment

the death rate on 2020 is about the same as 2017

when i hear the news i turn it off

Comment

Working...
                              X