Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you doing for the lock down blues?

Distinguished Community Member

hope this finds you well. Our Moose lodge BURNED down - a real bummer in a VERY small town - Now, I don't get to see much of anyone except at the post office where we pick our mail( no curbside delivery or even a community mailbox - oh well. Take care - be well.
    Blessings
    A.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I second the advice about a pet. Cats make great pets, and I've almost always had one in residence though a couple of years ago I realized that the responsibility was probably too much for me, and so I don't have a cat now but they are usually low-maintenance and are great companions.

If you don't feel up to that, even fish can be entertaining. There are some very interesting types of tropical fish, and they're always interesting to watch.

I live in HUD-subsidized rental housing, and the apartments are small--typically about 500 square feet. But a neighbor had 5 cockatiels in one of those apartments. You might enjoy a bird or two.

Then there are the neighbors who have dogs as companion animals. They get around some housing rules in that way. I believe a doctor has to sign off on their need for a companion animal first, but then they can have a larger dog than usually would be allowed.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following user says "thanks"

Just try to be thankful of the blessings everyday even life is harder with this Covid thing going on. Happiness makes life fuller, anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12