Thread: I want to go out!!

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Unhappy I want to go out!!

Oh, how I wish I could go OUT! I wish I could go out and eat a good lunch. I wish I could go to a nice grocery store and wander around. I wish I could go to Walmart and get some of the little things I "need". I wish I weren't such a whining baby.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Jingle))))))* ~

You are not alone. Many, many people feel the same way as you do, who are not used to self-isolating. Everyone's "normal" has changed, and it is difficult to adjust to the "new normal."

Perhaps it would help you to find replacements for your longing to go out to lunch and shop. Make yourself a nice lunch and sit outside and eat it, al fresco. Shop on line, even if you don't buy anything, you're still browsing. Go to YouTube and find a wide assortment of videos, which might interest, entertain, or educate you.

Just remind yourself that it isn't safe for you to go out now and do the things you long to do. Try to find other ways to make isolation more bearable and helpful to you. What you're missing isn't worth the risk of you getting COVID-19.

We're in this together, and we will get through it together. You are not alone.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

We're in solitary confinement here and have been for the last month. Keep in mind that I am not in a medical care building. I called the governors office and found we residents, not patients, could go outside for sunshine if we wore masks and maintained safe distances. No leaving campus. No deliveries. No family. I want a thin crust veggie pizza ��. Good luck.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((LeBieu)))))) ~

No deliveries?! That's ridiculous. People all over the country are depending upon deliveries to get through this pandemic.

I understand no visitors, because that goes against social distancing and self-isolation. Patients in hospitals with COVID-19 or any other illness are not allowed to have family with them either.

For example, if my husband needed to go to ER, and he might, I wouldn't be allowed to accompany him or visit him if he was admitted. For both of us, that would be devastating.

After speaking to the Governor's office, has your residence changed its policy to allow you to go outside with masks and safe distancing? I think the ban on deliveries should also be lifted.

Regardless of whether your residence is a medical facility (aka nursing home) or it isn't, if you live in close quarters, the risk increases for all residents. If residents are Seniors or people with medical issues, it's even more imperative to impose restrictions to protect the residents.

I've been self-isolating for decades to protect my children and husband (and me, the caregiver) from the flu. So, I'm used to it. That doesn't mean I like it. I miss the life we had before they all got terribly ill. But, if the choice is between death or isolation, I choose the latter.

In your situation, I would pursue having the delivery restrictions lifted. If you can't go out, how are you supposed to get food and anything else you might need?

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I really needed a grocery trip so this afternoon I bundled up - "rubber" gloves, face mask, clothes I could remove (when I got home !!) and toss in washer. Many people in the grocery were wearing masks and gloves, but certainly not everyone.
    The store had all I needed except toilet paper and paper towels and I'm OK on those.
    It sure felt good to get out.

10. The following user says "thanks"

Ohhhhhh - I want to eat out. I miss "my" Chinese restaurant. I am so hungry for that good food I don't have to cook. I wasn't aware of the fact that I did eat out so often.

12. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I hope you are able to go there fairly soon, Jingle. “Our” favorite Chinese food restaurant closed for good last summer. We had gone there 25 years. It was run by a family. Now we go to a smaller Thai restaurant. Fortunately they are doing no contact takeout which we get every other Saturday.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following user says "thanks"

My Chinese restaurant is small, just a husband and wife doing almost everything. I eat -- oops --- I ate there often enough they knew which dishes I liked, knew I didn't eat seafood and always wanted me to try a new dish and tell my opinion.
    About a week or so ago I was leaving Walmart, wearing my face mask and gloves, and I heard someone calling - not my name - just waving and calling. It was HER - the wife who is part owner of the Chinese restaurant. Of all things - I was so happy to see her and she was happy to see me. She was in mask and gloves too but we forgot the 6 ft rule and we hugged!

16. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

There is probably a lot of forgetting in situations just like that.

Our Thai place was a tiny gas station. It has 8-10 tables for two. It’s a couple with grandma cooking. Teenagers who speak better English are the wait staff. Another family affair.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following user says "thanks"

This morning was a BIG trip to the dentist who is open for only emergencies …..a $1,090 big emergency. I am so upset and scared and tired.

And tonight is a very special meeting at church. Oh, I wish I felt better.