Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Bank has placed a fraud claim in order to try and get me back some of my money from instacart. I hope they are able to help me. That is a really bad thing about trying to order through instacart. If a big problem, which this is occurs, there is just no way to get it straight. I can deal with the small problems, but the ones like this are hard to take.

Neighbor is bringing me a brisket sandwich with barbecue sauce on it for my dinner tonight.

It is cloudy and cool here today.
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, you tried all of the ways of contacting InstaCart about the problem? I've had some billing issues with them and it took a few e-mails back and forth but eventually they settled it though they did make it clear that it takes a while (sometimes a week) for an adjustment to show up on your account.

I thought I could order disposable gloves from Amazon since the shopping service I use isn't able to get them any more at the store they go to. Yes, Amazon seems to have them but they are $16 per 100! I've been paying only a couple of dollars every time I've bought a box of 100. Quite a markup there, Amazon.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, how did you e-mail them? Where did you get the e-mail address? I couldn't find one.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Instacart:

Email: help@instacart.com

tel:1-888-246-7822

I hope this helps. I found it via a search dated March, 2020.
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-26-2020 at 03:48 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I had a $99.00 issue with instacart several years ago. Between calling the bank, the governor's office, the state attorney general's office and adult protective services, I got that straightened out quickly. Those fools zinged my checking account in the middle of the night to sign me up for a year of unlimited delivery. I was on the internet at the time and got an automated notice from the bank. Too late. The money was gone but at least didn't bounce any checks. I haven't used them since. My bank said they have all sorts of problems with them. Have a good evening!!!!
    Last edited by LeBieu; 04-25-2020 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Goofy autocorrect

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Virginia, I don't remember just how I reached Instacart by e-mail. I kept prowling around on their Website and clicking on this and that until I found a way to contact them.

I recall that just as they're delivering the order, they also send an e-mail to me with a detailed list of the items I ordered, and somewhere in that e-mail there were a couple of links where I could contact them with questions.

I dislike the way they debit the customer's account for considerably more than the order total and then fix it later--sometimes a week or so later--but I guess they have to do that.

They sometimes take out $20 or $30 more than the total.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, Iím use to them taking out that much more and adjusting it later, but I placed one order and I am only one person. I got no meats, no paper items (the store was out) nothing to clean with (store was out of that kind of thing too). I did get one $9.95 jug of detergent. I got some yogurt popsicles, bread, two pkgs of frozen vegetables, and mostly canned goods such as tuna. I didnít need any staples or seasonings. I did get milk, but no cereal. I got cheese and it was Boarís Head, so a little on the expensive side. I got eggs and yogurt.

I was charged (after the adjustment you were talking about) $170.93, $147.93 and $19.27. I canít help that they double ordered me, by two different shoppers who left so quick that I didnít have an opportunity to check anything. The first person I didnít even see and the 2nd one only briefly. The groceries were left on my porch. I had nothing I could do with them, so I called a neighbor to come and get them. She gave most everything to her daughter. Added up the three figures that was taken out of my account adds up to well over $300.00. I have never bought that many groceries at one time in my life unless it was when I was married and we were having a big party.

So, yes I want the money back that I should have never paid.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Virginia, unless you bought huge quantities of some of those items, I can't imagine why you were charged so much! I hope this gets straightened out satisfactorily.

Most businesses seem to be stumbling and fumbling along just now, and Instacart is probably being stretched way beyond its limits. I'm not saying this to excuse them--but just to suggest a reason why they goofed up so badly.

As for how the groceries were delivered, I've never had an Instacart delivery where I was given time to check the order over. They just dump the bags on the kitchen counter and whiz away. Now they're probably whizzing even faster and not coming into the apartment--I haven't used them since the virus came along.

The woman who delivers for the service I've been using always took each item out so I could check it off on my list but now she just sets the bags on the counter. Or she could set them out on the floor of the hall if I wanted. I told her it was up to her, and she opted to bring them in. I was glad of that because bending over to pick item by item out of the bags in the hall wouldn't be fun. I couldn't have lifted the bags and would have had to take things out a few at a time.

Seems as if we're all flummoxed by the routine task of getting groceries nowadays. Or at least having to find work-arounds.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

I've used Instacart before this virus was an issue. The first two deliveries were delivered by the same woman. She was great! She had all the frozen items in one bag, refrigerated in another, and actually helped by taking everything out of the bags while my husband put things away. Now I suspect they are overwhelmed!
    I have always gotten an itemized receipt with each order, so I can check it off at my leisure. I'm sure they are on a schedule and don't have time to wait for list checking. While they are doing my shopping, I receive text messages if something is not available, offering a substitute if one was not already approved when the order was originally placed. They don't substitute unless you approve it or asked for something else.

Since the virus situation, Instacart offers the "no contact" delivery where they leave the groceries on your porch. I prefer that and I'm sure the delivery people prefer that for their own safety too. We hope we have worked out a virus safe procedure with grocery delivery.
    When the shopper is on the way here, I receive a text telling me they are en route. I usually have instructed them to leave the bags on my porch bench, when I placed the order. Once they are gone, DH puts on gloves and takes a wagon and Clorox wipes outside. He takes each item out of the bag, one at a time, wipes it down and places it in the wagon. Then transports the wagon full of groceries into the house. The bags never come into the house nor do any delivery people. I know it sounds a little extreme but as I've said before, my hospital experience with pneumonia in January scared me for sure!

It's 83 degrees here @ 2:50! My son said it was 89 at his house in San Diego yesterday! Summer?

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Just a postscript to your post, nuthatch--For those who don't or can't do texting, Instacart will call you on your phone at whatever number you give them. If they don't do the phone call, they can reach you by a message window that pops up on their Website if you keep their Website on your screen when they're shopping.

You can even see how your order is progressing and how long the shopper will be in transit after the checkout is complete.

I don't do texting because my eyesight and hands aren't up to it. I'm much too slow. But Instacart has set up these other arrangements as it turned out.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast