Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: April Chit Chat

Sounds like a very content cat. Well done.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Linda,

I learned about ginger in the garden from The Rusted Garden (Maryland, I think) and Fruition Seeds in Naples, NY. They are both on YouTube. I was very surprised. I was thinking that you would have ginger.

Have you worked out the Farmers’ Markets yet? Allandale Farm here has moved to on-line ordering with appointments to pick up produce and plants.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-23-2020 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Added info
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Sounds like a very content cat. Well done.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Well, checked my checking account just a few minutes ago and instacart is going in the wrong direction. They took out another $19.27. This makes two $19.27 and $170.93 and $147.93.

In addition my credit card had two $39.00 from someplace called Browserstack.com. They are having to mail me a new credit card and look into these charges. I didn't want to get a new card but Chase insisted. They said that these people would still have my number to which I agreed. I have had two or three of these this past year.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Wow, Virginia, that Instacart order sure turned into a nightmare! Sounds like a good idea to get a new credit card. As for those unknown charges, a new card should put an end to that.
    I carefully check every charge on my credit card statement every month. I found that if you get a magazine subscription for a year, they automatically renew the subscription when the subscription runs out and simply put another charge on your credit card without permission. Auto renewal is probably mentioned somewhere, in teeny, tiny print, on the magazine subscription offer when you first sign up. Just another cute little trick to get your money when you're not looking!

I just got another Instacart order today from CVS. I had run out of a few essential things that I can't get at the grocery store, but since I bit the bullet and subscribed and paid $$$ for Instacart Express, I have unlimited free deliveries and am going to make good use of that. Still can't get paper goods, wipes or any cleaning products that will kill the nasty dreaded virus though. Where is all this stuff going?

Just like Amazon Prime, Instacart Express will auto renew also. Just don't look at your credit card statement, after all, what's a hundred dollars here and there!!! We all are made of $$$$$!!!!! . . . NOT!

. . . cats and the dreaded virus!!!!! That's not good!! I've been thinking about how many people might have to give up their beloved pets because they can't afford to feed or care for them now. I imagine shelters could start becoming full or worse yet, overfull.

Since my two cats were born feral cats and trust no one but my DH and me, I am not concerned about them "social distancing". They do it all the time! My grown children and my grandchildren have never even seen one of the cats, in person. The other day, while on Zoom with my daughter and Tula, my shy cat, Cooper, came into the room and Tula spotted her walking by. I had DH pick her up to show her to them. My daughter commented how pretty she was, even though DD is not a "cat person". I've had the cat for over 10 years and she has never seen her except in pictures! She always hides when they are here, sometimes for almost a week at a time, only coming out once the "company" goes to bed! The other cat, Sparky, is a bit more social, but only with my family and only inside the house. She is not too sure about children and would never let a stranger touch her.

Poppy bloom is getting better every day. So are the weeds, can't seem to keep up with them!
    I leave you with yesterday's picture that I had DH snap while he was out weeding (hence, the pile in the walkway and the out of focus pic). Enjoy, smile and keep well.

Notice no one else has poppies . . . weird! There are more on the left side of the walkway that don't show in the picture. They seem to just stop at our property line but look like they want to spread!
    I didn't plant these, really!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Linda,

I learned about ginger in the garden from The Rusted Garden (Maryland, I think) and Fruition Seeds in Naples, NY. They are both on YouTube. I was very surprised. I was thinking that you would have ginger.
    I
    Have you worked out the Farmers’ Markets yet? Allandale Farm here has moved to on-line ordering with appointments to pick up produce and plants.

ANN
    Yes, many of the farms have invented very clever methods and remain hopeful they can survive. The markets themselves in western MA are dealing with public health departments that are trying to find the right rules. It is possible that by June something will develop. But farms like mine, dependent on walk by customers who browse and chat about what I have....well we are not automated so easily! However, I might have quantities of sungold tomatoes and a red tomato variety that I can package in clamshell plastic containers. Then people just pick up the container and I could be handling the machine for credit cards and food stamp cards. Maybe. I mean, aren’t I compromised? What the heck am I thinking?
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I'll give up my cat when you pry her from my cold dead hands!

Good morning all! I'm just getting up, and working on my first mug of coffee. It's Friday!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

I got the part for my antenna. It works, but not very well. But it will give me a few channels to watch instead of watching DVDs which had gotten old. Come payday, I'll see if I can find a better one.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

If you got it through Amazon, Howie, it’s pretty easy to return their things these days.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-25-2020 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I'm okay just having a few channels. I'm not one to return something. I'll be fine!

Albert Einstein

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast