Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all!

MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you Agate.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all!

Very nice posts, Agate. I love matzoh and am so grateful to have 3 boxes. Small thing but makes me very happy.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

So far, four families have brought Mom Easter dinners.

People are good.

ANN

Edited to add: Now it’s five!
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-12-2020 at 01:58 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Did you know you can extend the life of tulip? Put a real copper penny, not the zinc kind, in the bottom of the vase in teh water. Someone from Netherlands passed on that tip.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Ann, so glad your Mom has such nice, good neighbors. If she can keep some of that food I expect it will last for a number of days.

My sister-in-law sent me a really nice Easter dinner. First time I have had fresh food in awhile. It has been either store bought frozen, or canned out of the pantry. I am so tired of eating the same thing. Then I feel guilty about being tired of it because I see the long lines at food banks and at least so far I have food. I have enough left overs for today from SIL. My nephew brought it to me, but did not come in. He stayed out on the porch and told me when I got everything out of the big reusable bag to wash my hands really good because that is one of the bags she uses to go to the grocery store. I actually had some vegetables that had not been frozen, yea! She has to shop for her Mother and Father. Her Mother had a stroke 2 1/2 yrs ago and has not been able to walk since then and her Dad started having problems with his knees giving out. They have help all the time, and I guess this is her way of doing her share.

SIL must have cooked enough for everyone, two sons, daughter and son-in-law, plus me and her family and also my other brother and his wife got some things delivered to them by her.

My nephew wants me to put an app on my phone and order from some of the restaurants that are still serving take-out.

He rode 20 miles yesterday on his bike to his parents house, then his brother brought him back. The day before he rode 30 miles. He says it helps him a lot to get out and ride his bike.
    Last edited by Virginia; 04-13-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    Virginia

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up "Some Good News"

((((((Hugs to All))))))* ~

ANN and Virginia ~ It lifts my spirits to read your posts. How wonderful to have such caring, loving, kind friends and family.

I discovered something on YouTube, which brings a smile and warms my heart. Created by John Krasinski, Some Good News, is just what we need in the midst of this pandemic. He has three episodes so far.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...some+good+news

I watched episode 3 today and found myself chuckling one second and weeping the next. Not weeping from sadness, but from being deeply touched by the kindness and courage of people. He honored the COVID-19 health care providers from Boston's Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. ANN, as a Red Sox fan, you'll appreciate this episode.

If you need a pick me up or just to feel good for a few minutes, I highly recommend Some Good News.

Sending everyone healing, positive energy, and many prayers for your safety and well being in these trying times.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I have been somewhat depressed for almost a week now. My middle brother has been spiking a fever every night and then sometime running a low grade fever in the daytime. This is the brother who has such bad heart problems. He has been staying home, but his wife does go out to the grocery and errands and to pick up take out meals quite often.

He had told me he had a bruise on his back side, where he fell up against something. So finally he went to the Doctor who looked at the bruise and he said that was the cause of my brother's fever and a lot of his immediate problems. He cut in and removed a cup and a half of infection. So now we will see what happens. Staying alone while dealing with this worry has kind of got me down.

He did call the State Hotline for Covid and was told that it did not sound like that, so they did not recommend he be tested. That was before he went to the Doctor.

Now, once again trying to get myself back up.
    Virginia

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Good that your brother was able to see a doctor and get treated. It sounds like maybe he had an abscess? Things should start to get better for him, Virginia.

I have imagined that these strange CoVID times would be so much worse if they had happened in other times in my life - particularly when I was young and living alone on Beacon Hill and didn’t know anyone.

I am sure it is easier to have someone to share it with. We will try to be that for you. Most here are alone, I think.

Oh, and I got an email from Panera that they will deliver free through tomorrow and they will also add dairy, breads and produce staples to your take out order. I thought of you and my mom. She loves their tuna salad sandwich. I told her about this just in case she gets tired of those ham dinners.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, I'm sorry about your brother. Coping with a fever isn't easy at any age, and with heart problems, it's surely harder. Sounds as if the doctor got to the source of the problem. Hope your brother will soon be as right as rain.

I'm not sure why rain is so right but anyway....
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast