Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

I successfully used the CVS.com app to have my usual RX from my local store delivered for free. That’s a help.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Smile Hi friends!

I've been having problems with my devices that allow me to log on here. You may have seen that I've logged in here, posted thanks, and then gone without any posts. The battery for my favorite smart phone died, no surprise, it's over 2 years old, time to buy a new one(battery). My other cell phone disappeared during its recharge when the battery was nearly drained, so I can't call it in hopes of finding it. Plus, the battery in my laptop is also old and stopped holding a charge so it shuts down without warning.

I've recently had another Rituxan infusion, but it was 2 months late because of a nurses strike at the hospital I receive it. I'm slowly getting my functionality back, but still tired.

I'm sheltering in place during this COVID-19 stuff, since I'm in Washington state and my city has been locked down since sometime last month, though I do take Karma out for her walks several times a day. It's strange to see the street I live on so empty, since I live across the street from the hospital and some members of the staff are usually parked along a 3 block stretch of the street, rather than in the hospital parking lot, but since they are down to only essential staff it's not as much as before.
    Last edited by jendie; 04-07-2020 at 04:11 PM. Reason: had to correct a double word posting...

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

jendie, how nice to hear from you! Too bad about your connectivity problems.

It's a different world these days. Here just south of you, in the apartment building I live in, we've been told not even to visit neighbors or to walk in the halls for exercise.

That seems a bit extreme.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

jendie~

So good to hear from you. I hope all of your devices are working well for you now.

It is strange now not to have the same amount of noise, cars, people in our close environment as we are used to having. I'm glad that you are able to get out occasionally to walk Karma. Good exercise and fresh air for both of you.

May you remain safe and healthy.

agate ~

The guidelines are to remain 6 feet away from other people. So, if you can do that with your neighbors, then that should be allowed. Otherwise, you all need to be safe, as it seems many of your neighbors are vulnerable.

Statistically, one person with COVID-19 can infect up to 3 people, who then infect 3 people, etc.

Perhaps your neighbors and you could schedule walks in the hall, so that they are staggered and you don't run into each other. Maybe knock on the door and look out your window to wave at the neighbor walking?

This is a big thing about the pandemic ~ learning how to have social contact without physical contact. We need each other, so we need to be creative in our ways of connecting without infecting.

Our prayers are with everyone, and we send you love and strength during these difficult times.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

From Mom:

Joke about quarantine. : my body has absorbed so much soap and anteseptic that when I pee it cleans the toilet!

ANN

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From Mom:

Joke about quarantine. : my body has absorbed so much soap and anteseptic that when I pee it cleans the toilet!

ANN
    That really made me chuckle as I read it this morning....Thanks!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Smile

Good morning all. I'm not up early, I'm up late. I couldn't go to sleep last night which seems to be happening more and more lately. So I'm working on my second mug of coffee which will probably put me to sleep. I think that darn cat has been rewiring my brain....well, what's left of it!

I was going to run to the store, but I really don't need anything right now, so.....

Everyone have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Six days after I filled a shopping basket for Walmart, they still don’t have a delivery time. Very frustrating.

ANN

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I'm JUST getting up, and only made one mug of coffee. But I still had time to take care of Sam's food and water. It is POURING rain which started with nonstop thundering. It has been a LONG time without rain.

Just going to do my usual, eat and watch TV. The virus has changed nothing for me except I go out to the store far less. But wear a facemask and gloves now. Guess I'll be up all night. Everyone have a great evening, and be safe!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Ann, that was a nice chuckle.

Howie, you stay safe too.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast