Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Sterilizing your groceries from Corona

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All))))))* ~

Chris ~

Thank you so much for sharing this video. I've been doing something similar for years. I don't use Lysol. I use Isopropyl alcohol, saturate a paper towel and wipe down the exterior of everything. I also wash all of our fruit and veggies with soap and water. I also wear nitrile (instead of latex) gloves.

However, I didn't realize that I shouldn't be bringing in the bags, when Instacart delivers them to our door. UGH! The bags go out to the garage once I empty them. I should put them directly in the trash bins, I guess. I don't want to leave food in the garage, as we had a mouse in the garage many years ago, when we stored food there. So, I don't know what to do about that. I can't leave them on the back patio either or outside, because I'm sure some critter will discover them. Squirrels, possums, raccoons. Hmm... dilemma here.

This doctor's video should be shown on all news channels. Not everyone visits YouTube and will find this video. This is important information, and it could save lives.

Thank you again.

Be safe and well.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you, Chris. Excellent video. I did not know about freezing temps not killing Covid. I just assumed it would.

Rose, we don’t have a garage but established a protocol about 10 days ago.

No one comes into the house.
    Only Peter goes into a store. I still go out for socially distant walks only.
    We do not use reusable bags again until this is over and the Governor temporarily changed the law back to paper/plastic.
    The bags that do come come to just inside the door (entranceway) to be emptied and then go in recycling.
    Items are removed to the “contaminated counter.”
    They are wiped w Isopropyl alcohol 70% and placed on the “clean counter” or stored away.
    When we are finished, I clean the counters with alcohol and wash my hands.

We are used to this now so it’s not a big deal except that I only have one bottle of alcohol.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Chris, thank you for this video and Rose thank you for sharing.

Like Ann, I did not know that COVID could live in a freezer. That is a bad thing if you are trying to shop for two weeks.
    Virginia

8. The following user says "thanks"

i always boil tomatoes and apples a little anyway
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

dont have a car so i cant buy 2 weeks worth of stuff,,cant carry a lot of stuff
    Last edited by Moderator #2; 05-06-2020 at 02:54 AM.
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin