Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cerebral Palsy is COVID19 risk

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

funnylegs4 ~

I watched the video of the interview with Leilani's mother and stepfather. I am sobbing as I write this reply. My heart is breaking for them.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...m_source=twCNN

Lellani is a hero, who devoted herself to helping Seniors at the grocery store. Her last paycheck was $20.

The store failed to provide her or her coworkers with protection from COVID-19, including masks and gloves. There is simply no excuse for this, because every grocery chain is worth tons of money, and they are responsible for the safety of their workers. OSHA comes to mind here.

For their carelessness, this beautiful, loving young woman is gone, leaving her family and her beloved dog to grieve for her.

I fear for all people, who work in a dangerous environment now. And yes, grocery stores and the Big Stores are dangerous for employees. Every single employee should be provided with proper protection, and health care to cover the costs of infection and sick leave.

Leilani's passing is a true tragedy. As she was suffering, her coworkers finally got masks. But, she had to sacrifice her life for that to happen.

God Bless Leilani's loved ones and grant them peace and comfort.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Yes Rose, I'm crying and also fuming! Nobody should be working without gloves and masks now. Especially someone who is disabled and around other high risk populations. I was informed by my teacher friend with the stroke that because she had a neurologic condition she should have had the right to take medical paid leave and my friend T was able to get medical paid leave due to the fact that she has Cerebral Palsy and is high risk. T also works in a store normally. It also appears she was underpaid to begin with but I could be wrong. Someone above her in power at her work did not see her life as worth protecting. Disgusting! What a horrible, TERRIFYING way for her to die. It makes me so nervous for my 1 other friend who works at a grocery and actually looks like Leilani.
    RIP Leilani. I will remember you.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Funnylegs, Just getting back to this forum sorry I didn't answer sooner. Kathleen is good. She's no longer in school (although we never stop doing school work at home LOL she loves workbooks). She was doing community habilitation but that has ended. I haven't taken her out in public for at least 3 weeks. She's very vulnerable given her strokes, autoimmune diseases and Down syndrome. It's really scary stuff. I think the saddest thing is I've seen young people with Down syndrome hospitalized with this and they don't allow any family with them. I just can't imagine that!! They would probably have to arrest me in order to separate me from her. She misses her brother so we facetime him. NY state is up to over 149,000 cases! Staying put for now and trying to stay positive active and hopeful. Stay well dear friend!
    Mary Grace

3. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mg12061 View Post
    Funnylegs, Just getting back to this forum sorry I didn't answer sooner. Kathleen is good. She's no longer in school (although we never stop doing school work at home LOL she loves workbooks). She was doing community habilitation but that has ended. I haven't taken her out in public for at least 3 weeks. She's very vulnerable given her strokes, autoimmune diseases and Down syndrome. It's really scary stuff. I think the saddest thing is I've seen young people with Down syndrome hospitalized with this and they don't allow any family with them. I just can't imagine that!! They would probably have to arrest me in order to separate me from her. She misses her brother so we facetime him. NY state is up to over 149,000 cases! Staying put for now and trying to stay positive active and hopeful. Stay well dear friend!
    Mary Grace
    Hi Mary Grace,

I’m so glad Kathleen is doing well and loves her workbook! She sounds like me with academics! :) Yes the idea of any child, especially a child with a disability being separated from their parents is terrifying to me because children can’t advocate for themselves or fully understand what is happening to them. I imagine being forcibly separated from parents would cause a lot of emotional trauma for any child. For disabled children there is also the danger of the doctors doing ableist rationing of care without the parents knowing My relative wanted you to know that they just found out that there’s evidence that COVID19 itself causes blood clotting and a lot of people are dying of secondary strokes caused by virus induced clotting. https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/85577 Since Kathleen has Moyamoya I would think this would be of particular risk to her. Since Cerebral Palsy is kinda like a stroke and some people with CP have heart problems this could explain why the other woman I mentioned, Leilani died of heart issues related to the virus but that’s only a guess on my part. NYC is a mess. No worries I'm fine.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

funnylegs, I hope you had a nice holiday! Ours was very quiet. Kathleen didn't quite understand why we weren't with other family members. But in spite of that she did ok. We played lots of Uno, she enjoyed having candy for breakfast LOL.We watched Harry Potter. Best of all she facetimed her brother.
    I knew there were many reason for Kathleen to be at risk including the past strokes she had and moyamoya. Having moyamoya puts a person at a higher risk for more strokes because of the very tiny "moyamoya vessels" that occur because of the lack of blood flow from the corrated arteries.. They become clotted easily that's why she takes aspirin. I hadn't heard about the clotting complication. Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it a bit. NYC is such a mess I'm so sad for all the deaths and so many new cases every single day. A good friends daughter works as a PA in the city so I do keep her in my daily prayers. Stay well and safe.
    Mary Grace

6. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mg12061 View Post
    funnylegs, I hope you had a nice holiday! Ours was very quiet. Kathleen didn't quite understand why we weren't with other family members. But in spite of that she did ok. We played lots of Uno, she enjoyed having candy for breakfast LOL.We watched Harry Potter. Best of all she facetimed her brother.
    I knew there were many reason for Kathleen to be at risk including the past strokes she had and moyamoya. Having moyamoya puts a person at a higher risk for more strokes because of the very tiny "moyamoya vessels" that occur because of the lack of blood flow from the corrated arteries.. They become clotted easily that's why she takes aspirin. I hadn't heard about the clotting complication. Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it a bit. NYC is such a mess I'm so sad for all the deaths and so many new cases every single day. A good friends daughter works as a PA in the city so I do keep her in my daily prayers. Stay well and safe.
    Mary Grace
    Thanks Mary Grace! I'm so so sorry for my delayed reply. I had no internet for a week because my cable company had problems caused by the virus. I'm so glad Kathleen is doing well! That is a relief to hear. I'm heartbroken for NYC too. Here's another story on the clot risk with COVID19 in case it helps https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/healt...HpLQljEyA9FfiU One of my friends D's father just had a stroke, so can you please pray for him? They don't know how bad his stroke is yet. Thanks! Stay well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12