Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: March chitchat

Hybrid View

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default March chitchat

I hope nobody's March is doing that lion thing--coming in like a lion so it can go out like a lamb.

The weather here is very changeable. Yesterday it was rainy and cloudy and cold most of the day but there was a spell of sunshine. The flowering trees are already bursting into bloom.

I keep trying to pare down my possessions with a view toward making life easier. This weekend I actually parted with two glass pie plates. I haven't used them in over 10 years though once upon a time I often made quiche in them.

What's life like for you just now? I for one am glad to see winter on its way out. Next weekend we lose an hour but that always means spring.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I replied this morning, and somehow lost the whole thing. And like Earnest T. Bass said, "I don't chew my cabbage twice".

But I now have Google Chrome installed, and although it took me half a day to do, I don't expect anything but smooth sailing from now on.

So that was my day. I've eaten, and will have some ice cream later. Sam likes it too.

Everyone have a great evening!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

Distinguished Community Member

Weather not too bad here. Cool but sunny and kind of nice. Went to donation place to drop off a few things I had wanted to get rid of for awhile, but I kept not stopping and they were laying in my back seat for ages. Finally, I said today is the day. After I did it, I kept wondering why I took so long.

I went to store and got a few things that I didn't get Friday.

This evening I went out to eat with two brothers and their wives. I had crab cakes with roumelade sauce and a scoop of ice cream for desert. Nice evening.
    Virginia

Thanks for starting us off, Agate.

We visited MIL twice today. She’s in great spirits. She’s very social and gets a backstory for everyone that comes in her room. What time did you get here today? When do you go home? Do you own your house? (She really asks that!) Do you have kids? Where did you (or the kids) go to school? And on and on. She finds common ground with everyone.

Her MRI, CT Scan and EEG plus blood work and EKG were all normal. I met the neurologist today and was able to tell her what happened. She’s thinking seizure but says that EEG’s are only positive 30% of the time for a first seizure. The plan is to keep her another day and send her home with a Holter monitor which she’s had before.

The hospital has an extra shift that works 3 PM until 3 AM. I’d hate that but the nurse we talked to yesterday loves it. She misses traffic both ways. There is no 3 AM until 3 PM shift.

I’m good. Just tired. Bunches of stuff I forgot to tell you but we’re good here.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Agate, I wanted to mention that you should not have told me that next week-end is when the time changes. I get really upset about loosing an hour.

Maybe Ann will let us hear something about her MIL. I hope all is well and that she got to go home today. Of course, if they did there is the possibility that she wanted to go out shopping this afternoon instead of going home.

Edited to add: Ann we were posting at the same time. Thanks for the update. Love that your MIL is making friends with everyone. Do you own your house? So funny! No wonder they think she is a darling. By the way, since you didn't go shopping this weekend I guess you didn't get your $10.00 walking around money.
    Last edited by Virginia; 03-01-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Edited to add: Ann we were posting at the same time. Thanks for the update. Love that your MIL is making friends with everyone. Do you own your house? So funny! No wonder they think she is a darling. By the way, since you didn't go shopping this weekend I guess you didn't get your $10.00 walking around money.
    No I did not. :-o

Great shot by Grayson! Thank to Rose for the video.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

7. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sam isn't supposed to be helping herself to anything in the collection plate though....

Fish may not have feelings but their eyes sometimes look sad and shocked as they're lying there among the other fish that have been caught. And I seem to remember that they bleed.

If it bleeds, it leads....

Also, there's this--"It's Official: Fish Feel Pain" from Smithsonian (2018):

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...ain-180967764/
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

9. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

So they MAY feel pain, but if we stopped fishing, and all the ocean creatures stopped eating fish, then we should stop eating animals of any kind. And soon, humans would disappear. "Give me fishery, or give me death!"
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

11. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

ANN ~

My initial reaction to your description of your MIL's episode was possible seizure. But there are many neurological conditions, which can be misinterpreted as seizures. An EEG is really ineffective in detecting seizures, unless the patient is having seizures. It can show abnormal brain patterns without seizures present. But, I feel like it is an antiquated test, and by now, we should have something more advanced to diagnose seizure activity.

Will your MIL come home to having someone with her, in case she has another episode?

You must be exhausted. I hope you get a good night's sleep. Sending healing prayers to your MIL, you and Peter.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

ANN, glad your MIL is doing well. I wondered if she'd had a TIA. That often leaves no traces afterwards on tests, too.

Virginia, congrats to Grayson on the hole in one!

Sunshine, hope IVIG helped give you a boost!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

14. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast