Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: March chitchat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That tee shirt is just made for my grandson. He has the most winning smile but he races around as if driven by the wind.

I see that chatrooms might come back. Maybe many will be happy to see them return but I never had much use for chatrooms of any kind. I tried a few but not for long. They moved too fast for me and it was very hard to follow a conversation. And yet people have often said they like them. Every time I looked into one, there was either nobody there or there was a discussion already going on with several people involved. I felt really odd about just breaking in on an ongoing discussion. And I didn't see much point in hanging around in an empty chat room waiting for someone to turn up.

Just my take on chatrooms, FWIW.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Agate, I agree on chat rooms. They're just too fast. I tried them many years ago, and now I like coming here, where you have time to read, and then reply if you want to.

I'm trying to get myself psyched up to make a quick store run. I should have gone earlier. I went to the dump, so I was out, but didn't go. Oh well, wish me luck.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) I do not even go to google or my space or twitter or instagram. Certainly not any chat rooms. I do not even text on my phone. My electronic skills are minimum and will stay that way.

I think my sneezing is from allergies. The mango tree, the melaleuca trees, the flame vines and the Mexican sunflowers are all in bloom. I am feeling slightly better but still have a stuffy head.

Thanks for all the caring. Jeanie :)

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That tee shirt is just made for my grandson. He has the most winning smile but he races around as if driven by the wind.

I see that chatrooms might come back. Maybe many will be happy to see them return but I never had much use for chatrooms of any kind. I tried a few but not for long. They moved too fast for me and it was very hard to follow a conversation. And yet people have often said they like them. Every time I looked into one, there was either nobody there or there was a discussion already going on with several people involved. I felt really odd about just breaking in on an ongoing discussion. And I didn't see much point in hanging around in an empty chat room waiting for someone to turn up.

Just my take on chatrooms, FWIW.

You said it for me Agate! I don't need to say more other than I too tried them out and felt just as you do.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate and Virginia - that was also my experience.

Yesterday we cancelled our March trip to see Mom in PA. I don’t want to put her at risk nor myself. Mom was hospitalized from the flu last March and I had a bronchitis that lasted 8 months several years ago. I’m being very careful.

We are stocked up on coffee and chocolate.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I'm taking no precautions against the virus. I take no immune suppressing MS drugs. That's how they all work. My immune system is strong, just waiting for an attack. I NEVER get sick with anything. I think the press is responsible for blowing it WAY out of proportion. Folks die all the time with just flu.

Okay, that's all I have to say about that. Get your masks ready if you're not wearing one already.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I stayed home today. I made a tabletop greenhouse from a sack of potting soil (16 quarts) covered with a clear tote we got from a neighbor. I planted all kinds of early greens in it. It sits on a patio table outside of my back door. I’ll link a video here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IXn2t8GLh0

I hope you’re all OK and are coping with the restrictions and uncertainty all right.
    ANN

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Howie - I take no immune suppressing drugs either and am very glad of that right now. But I am taking every precaution regardless.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I stayed home today. I made a tabletop greenhouse from a sack of potting soil (16 quarts) covered with a clear tote we got from a neighbor. I planted all kinds of early greens in it. It sits on a patio table outside of my back door. I’ll link a video here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IXn2t8GLh0

I hope you’re all OK and are coping with the restrictions and uncertainty all right.
    ANN
    The winter farmers’ market has been cancelled so I have loads and loads of salad greens, snow peas, sungold tomatoes and green beans! Some of the younger farmers are putting together plans to deliver goods straight to homes. I hope they succeed. Many are fearful that the summer markets, set to begin in late April, will also be in danger. Farmers are not sure what to do in terms of ordering seeds, planting their fields etc. we are lucky because we both have pension checks to back us up but the younger farmers don’t always have a backup. I wish everyone well...times are tough but Ann, you set a great example of creative coping.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Linda, I will miss your tales from the Farmers’ Market. Glad that you have lots of produce to eat and share.

ANN

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast