Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast

Thread: March chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

Agate itís been so long since I had any connection to any thing like that, but I was wondering if a person with just a learnerís permit can drive without a licensed driver being in the car.

That is the first thing you might want to find out.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I think they will work out this Instacart dispute. Both sides have a big incentive to make it work. Delivery services are hiring here and elsewhere as so many need this kind of service. It will give jobs to those who desperately need them. Fingers crossed.

We haven’t used them but have increased our use of eBay, Amazon, Target and Petco.
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 03-29-2020 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Added Target. Ordered something’s for Mom
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

On The Nextdoor app people are volunteering to shop for for anyone who needs it. I also saw a post that a restaurant supply company in my neighborhood had toilet paper. That interests me as we are down to our last package. They have always been open to the public especially for people doing an event but I have never been there.

We went this afternoon. It’s a big, well lit warehouse with wide aisles. Maybe we encountered ten people in the entire store. Most were wearing masks. We found toilet paper, individually wrapped, for 79c a roll. They also had tissues which we do not need. They had bleach and many cleaners which we also do not need. No alcohol or hand sanitizer which we would like. But the had gloves! I didn’t even think about that. Of course they would have gloves. We got two boxes small and extra large. Very happy with that.

They had refrigerated foods and produce and canned foods and dried beans, etc. I got a head of garlic, a can of tomato sauce, a pound of dried chickpeas, the gloves and tp.

If you need supplies, maybe there’s a restaurant supply in your town. There is not very much restaurant business so they might be happy to have yours.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 03-29-2020 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Left words out

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Ann, thatís a great find. Good for you for following thru on Nextdoor Neighbor.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agate itís been so long since I had any connection to any thing like that, but I was wondering if a person with just a learnerís permit can drive without a licensed driver being in the car.

That is the first thing you might want to find out.
    Thank you, thank you, Virginia! That's probably the way it is.

I'm so glad someone came along with that information. I show how out of it I am all too often, and I was probably about to scold my son for allowing her to drive around with a license.

What he had said was that she doesn't have a license but she's been driving the other two women to work every day. One of them has a license, and so that's probably how that can happen.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Well, I guess the Instacart strike is off because I did receive my order today. Lots of substitutions but mostly just brand name changes or package sizes. The delivery choice was 1-3. He was here with my groceries at a few minutes after 2.
    Why is it I always forget to order something and the minute they are on the way here, I remember? I wanted to get some yeast. Home baked bread sounds like something to do while stuck in the house and it would sure make the house smell heavenly. We could all use a little feel good these days!

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Nuthatch, flour and yeast have been highly sought after and therefore scarce in many areas. Good luck. It does make a house smell good.

ANN

14. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nuthatch, flour and yeast have been highly sought after and therefore scarce in many areas. Good luck. It does make a house smell good.

ANN
    In case you do not get yeast , brownies baking in the oven make the house smell good too!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) An old realtor's trick is to put some water in a pan, sprinkle some cinnamon in it and let it come to a boil. The house smells like fresh baked pie. Jeanie :)

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Farmers' markets here may become drive-throughs. Linda, can you make any plans for taking part in your farmer's market there?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast