Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: March chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

She has definitely become a Daddy's girl! Also, a little spoiled I might add.
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Howie, I'm a heat seeker too! I'm cold all the time now and can't sweat or warm up. It's miserable. I crave warmth. Maybe I'm part cat!

I forgot to mention that CVS pharmacy will mail your Rx for free! We called in for a refill on a med and were told it would be ready for pick-up the next day. I really didn't want my DH to go in to the store to get it and we don't have a drive through service at the CVS here. Hubby called the pharmacy to see if they did deliveries and was told to go to CVS.com where you can set it up and it's FREE!!! You have to give them a credit card number on the website and then order your refills through the website. It took just one day to arrive here. Again . . . it's FREE! YIPEE!

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nuthatch, I was looking at the CVS Website just the other day and it looked as if they now have free delivery for rx's. Now that you've mentioned it too, I'm starting to believe it.

Virginia, thank you for the news about the Instacart strike. This could be very inconvenient for me--and for Rose especially.

I understand why they're striking and hope they get what they want. But I also hope that it doesn't take long to settle it.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I hope an Instacart strike doesn't affect the delivery of the order I placed Wednesday night. The soonest I could get delivery is Monday due to the overwhelming amount of deliveries they are trying to fill because of the virus scare. before this virus reared it's ugly head I could choose a much sooner delivery. The previous order was delivered by a "tag team" of two women. Fast and efficient, they were!

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, the CVS website says that you can add store items to you Rx delivery too. I needed cat food and litter but thought that was pushing it, so didn't add it. I put it on my Instacart order and found I had to pay an extra $7 plus some change for "heavy items". I did order a large bag of cat food and the litter along with some of the regular type items but seven dollars of extra fee seems a bit much!

I signed up for Instacart Express. Do you have that?

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Just saw that Walgreens is doing free delivery too.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sam gets ALL of daddy's attention. Feeding her in the morning is my first chore, even before making my coffee. And lately, she sleeps IN the bed, right up against my warm body. Cats are natural heat seekers!
    My dog sleeps right up against me every night too!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nuthatch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agate, the CVS website says that you can add store items to you Rx delivery too. I needed cat food and litter but thought that was pushing it, so didn't add it. I put it on my Instacart order and found I had to pay an extra $7 plus some change for "heavy items". I did order a large bag of cat food and the litter along with some of the regular type items but seven dollars of extra fee seems a bit much!

I signed up for Instacart Express. Do you have that?
    I order the heavy items through Amazon. Dog food, laundry stuff......I have amazon Prime so I get free delivery.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I went to Walgreens drive thru today. Then I went to Harris Teeter and tried to stock up for as long as things would last, then I came home and brought in one load. There were frozen things in that bag so I was putting them in the freezer when I heard someone call my name. There stood one of my neighbors who saw my trunk up and all the bags in there and she just started bringing them in. I was busy trying to wipe things down and put things away and didn't count her trips, but I know it was several. She said "Virginia you are the most stubborn person I know. You just will not call me".

After we chatted a bit, keeping our distance she left and I got the container that another neighbor brought me dinner in last night and took it to her house. I was going to just hang it on her door knob, but her main door was open and she saw me through the glass door. She opened it and we were talking with her holding the door open a little, me standing out on the porch away from her and then her daughter came up and she was standing down at the bottom of the steps. Her daughter is married and lives fairly close with her husband and a son. She runs all over everywhere getting everything for her Mother and her own family. When I was telling my friend how good the chicken dish was last night, she said her daughter bought the chicken. The daughter said she had to go on a scavenger hunt to get that chicken. I don't doubt it given the small amount of meat out there.

I offered them a deal. I told Melissa if she just insist on going in stores anyway that she could do the shopping for all the ingredients, her Mother could make us all chili and I would pay for all the ingredients for all of us. My neighbor makes great chili. She brought me some that she made for super bowl Sunday and I have been wanting more since then.

After that I stopped at the post office box and got my mail for the first time since last Saturday. I have to drive to get it because I can't walk that far, then I came home and set down with a glass of wine. I was exhausted.
    Virginia

18. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Deals can be made. Congratulations on ingeniously thinking of a way for several people to have chili, Virginia!

I'm finding ways of getting deals too. I'm working on finding out whether one of the young women renting part of my son's house might want to help me with grocery shopping at least sometimes, maybe regularly. I'd pay her of course. Unfortunately one of them had her driver's license suspended and the other is driving with a learner's permit. Not sure if someone with a learner's permit could be employed in a job involving driving?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast