Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: March chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Nuthatch you are such a nice person. Love Dahlia's photo. Stay safe. Jeanie :)

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Nuthatch, Dahlia always puts a smile on my face as do Tula and Everett. Now, if we could just get a few more of William. Nuthatch, you are a good person and obviously your DH is also. We always knew that. I believe that in one way or another you will be repaid 10 fold for all that you do and try to do for others. I feel for your brother. So many people are ordering on line now that they can't get out. I have ordered some things in the last few days and I almost feel guilty about the people who are delivering the things, but these are things I would have ordered anyway, since I already order a lot from Amazon.

I think our governor is going to talk in a minute, so I will come back soon and finish.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glad to hear this Jeanie. Enjoy spending it.

Sunshine, I am so exhausted too. I haven't had any help in 7 weeks now. I need Laura, but do not want to let her come in the house. I am also exhausted because when I do have to sit down instead of reading I listen to the news and of course none of it is good. My fault for doing that, but I am always wanting to hear the latest.

Saw Newt Gingrich on TV today. He is in Italy stuck in the U.S. Embassy with his wife, who is the Ambassador to Italy. Anyway, he was touting his new book. I think the name of it is Shadow Down. He said it was an adventure book and told about the two main characters. The man was a former Navy Seal, who had been in a helicopter crash and gotten burned real bad. He got hooked on opioids while recovering. He was still battling that while fighting Russia. Actually, it did sound good, but I am not paying the price for a hardback book regardless of author. He says he is washing his hand 10 to 15 times a day.
    I found it crude that he used his air time to sell his book. Just didn’t seem right
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nuthatch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The dreaded virus is spreading, 54 cases here today, 5 hospitalized, 1 in ICU. That's 9 more than yesterday but only a couple of days ago there were just 3! 3 of the cases are children, 20 are 18 to 49, 14 are 50 to 64 and 17 are +65. Of course, before they weren't doing testing, but just the same it makes me very nervous. The piers are closed to keep people who are too dumb to keep apart from others, now they are closing beach parking areas and campgrounds. One big regional park will be used to care for infected homeless people. What a mess were in and of course it's raining too.

I read that a Cal Poly (college) student got it but has gone home. Wonder how many other students took it home.
    My brother's x has a 19 year old daughter attending college in Arizona. When school shut down she flew home thinking she could run around with her old friends in LA. Her mom (and the governor) forbid that activity so the brat got on a plane (again!) and flew back to Arizona where mom couldn't control her! WOW!!! Teens think they are invincible!

I think of all the people who have no insurance. They may avoid seeking medical care because of the costs. And the many homeless, of which CA has 1/3 of the nation's homeless population. Again, what a mess we're in!
    We have a rentals which provide us income. We told each of our tenants that taking care of their families, food and utilities is their first priority. If they could not pay rent, not to worry. One family with 3 small children has already taken us up on that. He's works in construction and that has been shut down now.
    SS and a pension will sustain us provided that doesn't fall apart!

Put in an Instacart order last night. Soonest I can get delivery is Monday. Can't get many things. My son in San Diego tells me the stores are sparsely stocked and they now aren't doing deliveries because of it. That makes no sense to me. I hope he's wrong about that. A friend of theirs is out of a job and was just hired by Amazon to do deliveries from his own personal van! The delivery people are overwhelmed with the added workload.
    One of my brothers is a Fedx driver close to retirement. He's being run ragged and scared he will become infected, but needs to work to pay for his recently purchased condo. He's lost a lot in the stock market.

Okay I've griped enough for one night. Hope you are all doing well. Stay in and healthy please. Good night.

P.S. Hope Dahlia's snow smile puts a smile on your face.
    Nuthatch I posted something today that I thought you would like. It has your name in the subject of the thread.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

My County has been under a "Shelter in Place" order for awhile, but Governor just put whole state of NC on a "Stay at Home" order until April 29th. This is a tough one, but I realize necessary. I have medicine that needs to be picked up and don't know how to get it.

A number of years ago there was an upheaval in my neighborhood. I was involved in it and it caused me a lot of anxiety and stress. I was mostly involved because I was attending HOA meetings, but also because I was then seeing an Attorney. There was a small group of people in the neighborhood who wanted to sue our HOA using the Attorney I was seeing - free of course. So, I would not go along and told him if he sued my community I would not see him again. He didn't sue and the people that wanted to were quite angry with me. It was only about 6 to 8 who were actively involved in that group. Well anyway, today I went out on my porch to get a package that had been delivered and one of the main people in that group, who I had avoided other than to just say hello showed up at the bottom of my steps. She handed me a bag, told me she had been thinking of me and if I needed anything to call her. The bag was full of fruit, apples, oranges and grapes.

Everything has been fine with all my other neighbors that were in that little group, for many years. I had tried to just say hi to this lady and otherwise avoid her because she had been quite ugly during that time, calling me on the phone and just being kind of mean. I don't know what brought this on, but I appreciated the fruit. I will send her a note to let her know. Maybe she has mellowed with time.

Another neighbor just called and is bringing me some chicken and rice she just made, which I will have tonight for dinner. Glad because I was going to eat the same vegetable soup I made Tuesday and I had already had that for 3 nights. I am leaving her some of the fruit hanging on the door knob and she is going to leave me the chicken and rice. So good exchange.
    Virginia

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

In California, and probably most states with a lock down now, we are permitted to go to the grocery store, the pharmacy, and other "essential" places. I don't know what that would be unless to a hospital for chemo or dialysis.

Our pharmacy has a drive-thru, which is great. It's inside a grocery store, so drive-thru avoids confronting a lot of germs. However, when I picked up Jim's meds a few days ago, the parking lot was almost full.

So, Virginia, you are probably allowed to go to the pharmacy to pick up your meds. If you don't have a mask, then perhaps you could tie a scarf like a bandana over your nose and mouth. Not the perfect solution, but it's something. If you have any kind of gloves, even mittens, wear them. Then wash them or throw them out.

You might need to change your prescription to a pharmacy, which delivers. Our pharmacy is now delivering, and I might take them up on that service. It's only 2 miles to the pharmacy, and the only time our van gets driven is to pick up Jim's meds. I have to drive it periodically to keep it running. And I don't mind. It gets me out of the house for a few minutes a couple of times a month.

Of course, I wear gloves to handle the money, sign the form, push the button to get a pharmacy attendant to assist me, etc. Then, I throw out the gloves, clean my hands with an alcohol wipe and drive home. Then I wear gloves to bring in the bag of meds, and I clean every bottle with an alcohol wipe.

I hope that everyone has seen the video, which houghchrst posted about sanitizing groceries and boxes and plastic bags. I'll find the link and edit this post. Very good information.

Video from houghchrst:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...es-from-Corona

I'm even disinfecting our mail now. I wipe all the envelopes with a Lysol wipe, wearing gloves. When I open the mail, I wear gloves.

Henceforth, I will ask Instacart shoppers to leave the bags at the front door. After the shopper leaves, I will take the groceries out of the bags, while on the porch. Then the bags will be thrown directly into the recycling bin. It is more work, but it will be worth it to avoid COVID-19.

This isn't going to be over any time soon, unfortunately. If other countries are an indication, this could get far worse before it gets any better. So, we all have to figure out work arounds to make life easier for us.

Meanwhile, please take good care of yourselves and be safe. Many prayers for all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 03-27-2020 at 04:06 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Rose, unless shoppers and Instacart work out an agreement between now and Monday, the shoppers are going on strike. So, until it is worked out there will be no Instacart. I have a feeling the shoppers will pretty much get what they are asking for and I really don't blame them for doing this.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I'm a cat person, but that picture of Dahlia makes me smile. Even Sam likes it!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Howie, don't let Sam try to scratch Dahlia's eyes out. Although, I must say Sam seems to have calmed down some for the last little while. Maybe it is because she is the only child.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Sam gets ALL of daddy's attention. Feeding her in the morning is my first chore, even before making my coffee. And lately, she sleeps IN the bed, right up against my warm body. Cats are natural heat seekers!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast