Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: About the politics blog

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

ANN ~

Good point. Yes, I remember when BT members were donating to bring back the server, or whatever it was we were donating for, before John Lester abandoned us for greener pastures.

I also remember that during our recovery period, members were trying to donate through a complicated, cumbersome venue. I didn't even pursue it, after I read about others' issues with it.

My reference was to recent times, when donations were not a possibility for us.

David ~

You mentioned "permanent banning" in your #12 post. I was responding to that statement. I realize it pertains to arguments about wanting to continue discussing politics on BT. I don't think that any of us are arguing about that. We all recognize the constraints of the non-profit and TOS. We support BT; we support you; we support each other.

agate ~

I also appreciate the opportunity we had to discuss politics in an informative and detailed manner for as long as we did. I wouldn't call these "interesting times." I call them "overwhelming times," because there is so much happening every second of every day in our country and the world. For me, it was therapeutic to share thoughts and feelings, as well as information, with my BT friends. I will miss that.

Onward ... with love and gratitude for our home here at BT.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I also remember that during our recovery period, members were trying to donate through a complicated, cumbersome venue. I didn't even pursue it, after I read about others' issues with it.
    Was it the iGive system? I recall trying and trying to donate through iGive. If you signed up for it, every time you bought something from certain specified merchants, a contribution would be made to BrainTalk. For a while it was working but then it no longer was.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Yes, I think it was the iGive system. You certainly have a good memory! How many years ago was that? I recall that there were many discussions about it, how to use it, whether it was working, etc. It was more than I could handle, so I didn't pursue it.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Old e-mails disclose that I was using iGive to contribute to BrainTalk in February 2014, and the problems with iGive must have come along some time after that. I signed up with AmazonSmile some time in the last few years and have donations going to the grocery delivery service I use. BrainTalk could probably hook up with AmazonSmile too, I think.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123