Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: February Chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

Default February Chitchat

So, up late and it struck me that itís February already. (Rabbit Rabbit). Bet I was first this month. Was out yesterday and did not have an opportunity to post. I hope February finds all of us healthy, happy and blessed by having all of our needs met and many of our wants.

Last day of January ended up being wet, so naturally I had to go out. Not quite over virus I got from doing that earlier in the week, but felt it was necessary.

Hereís to everyone having a really good month and that includes Sam. In the next month or so we will have people sighting early buds on their flowers and trees.

Waving from North Carolina.....,,,,,
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So glad you're on the ball, Virginia, in spite of feeling poorly--thank you for starting the February chitchat thread for all of us.

Some people here are seeing daffodils. I haven't seen them and so wonder if they might have been a mirage.

I've been slowly putting my recipes on a Website. Actually I have to transfer quite a few of them from one Website to another and then finish up by entering the rest of them. I started out with one Website (Allrecipes.com) but that wasn't satisfactory, and so I'm switching to Recipezazz.

I began this several years ago but just haven't had a lot of time for it, what with one thing and another. At last I'm trying to get back to it before I forget how the process goes.

I'm not neglecting the Politics blog and would like to thank everyone who has been dropping in there.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, yesterday was great. The town reopened the closed for the winter dog park because we have not had snow! They should have reopened it weeks ago. Finally Moxie got to run freely. It was just perfect and i walked around on the paved walk that goes around the circumference. So booth of us could get exercise.

Yesterday my cough was rare and did not go on for hours. That inhaler is helping. The cough was back and active an hour ago which is why I am up! But it was something to have improved for almost a whole day .
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Virginia, I'll tell Sam what you said.....as soon as she wakes up from my lap. She is a true lap cat these days.

I'm up watching TV. For some reason, the best TV is late at night, so here I am. I won't be going anywhere until Monday, then I will do my bank, store, CVS, and dump run. Plus I will stop and get gas. Whew!

So next month, is now THIS month. Time does fly.

Everyone have a great month, and day!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

HOWIE, for some reason Social Security paid today! I hope that will turn out to be true for you too.

I've never known them to pay on the 1st unless the 3rd was on a weekend or a holiday but I'm definitely not complaining.
    Last edited by agate; 02-01-2020 at 09:29 AM.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Andy and Torre are going to the Fair today. I begged off as I went with Kim and the last two days are mobbed.

My brother Steve is in Dallas trying to get my uncle in assisted living the things he needs. He has macular degeneration and is almost blind and he cannot hear. His wife is also in assisted living and has dementia.
    Their son is useless and my uncle does not even have toiletries, etc. I sent Steve a pair of hearing aides and he is meeting with the man who has their financial business.

He is meeting with the son at their home today and will try to get him to move in there. Their insurance pays%3000 for each of them but the monthly bill is $9000 so Steve will see what can be done. Maybe both my uncle and his wife could share an apartment and save.

I am still in my pajamas and slept until 1 PM today. I did not get to sleep until after 2 AM.

I found some boiled peanuts in a can at the dollar store. I heated them in the microwave and really enjoyed them. When I go there again I will stock up more cans. Stay warm everyone. Jeanie :)

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Jeanie, would your Uncle and Aunt be able to live in an apartment on their own without help? I would think with her dementia it might be hard. I guess this is one of the things being discussed. It is sad when people get to that point in life and there is hardly anyone they can turn to. You, as usual, are a good hearted person who certainly does what you can by sending hearing aids.

Agate, I will tell you what I did with my recipes. I bought a cheap 3 ring binder at Walmart and a bunch of cheap plastic covers that had 3 rings punched in them and I just slipped a recipe in each one, just as they were written, weather by me or someone who gave them to me. So easy and quick! Then I got a few dividers and labeled them appetizers, salads, vegetables, main dishes and deserts. That is my cookbook.

I knew that I should not go out yesterday after being sick. It was raining and very nasty and cold here, but I was totally out of medicine that I take every night, so I felt it was necessary to go to the pharmacy. This pharmacy does not deliver. I stopped and got my nails done (thinking that might help me feel better) then went on to the pharmacy. Jeanie, was talking about buying peanuts in the dollar store, well I almost grocery shopped in the drug store. I bought chicken noodle soups and a couple of packages of Snacks that is tuna salad with crackers in the package and a small box of cookies. I had wanted to go to the grocery store, but could not take anymore getting wet or walking.

So, I am glad I got my medicine, but woke this morning with very bad sore throat. It seems to be very easy for me to pick up things now. Much more so, than I use to be.

My Niece is having a few people, just family, in for super bowl tomorrow. She has done this a couple of times. One of my brothers was coming to get me and going to bring me home. It is suppose to be a pretty day tomorrow, but regardless I just do not feel like getting out and going. I have called my brother and told him. I will apologize to my Niece when I get to feeling better.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

Super Bowl time is it? I've never watched one. I played football in high school, but I have no interest in football now. But Drag Racing? Move over and save me a seat!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

It's only a ball--that's what I say. All that fuss about a ball?

It's amazing to me how much attention these sports events get now, compared to years ago, when all you ever heard about them was a few minutes of a typical news broadcast.

Now there are even special types of food you're supposed to stock up on for your game parties. The supermarkets advertise it but then they like to drum up events they can advertise about.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

You're right. I'm just waiting on Sam day, when cheese and sliced turkey have great discounts!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast