Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's happening? Part 3

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My dear Joy so good to hear from you. I miss you and I do wish you would check in once in a while. Just a little bit. I agree a cat lap and tv is a good way to spend the days. Sorry to hear that one of your vehicles is wrecked but so glad Mr. Joy did not get hurt. ((((((GENTLEHUGS))))))

Clouds I hope you are doing well. I don't know where you are but I hope you aren't where all the tornadoes have been.

Been staying in for the most part because I am scared to death to go out into public. Only to grocery store occasionally and the pharmacy. My fridge and cupboards are packed so full that I can't get anything else in the freezer upstairs or in the basement and the pantry keeps dropping stuff on my feet. I set up a little sterilization station on the porch with rubber gloves, spray bottle of alcohol and some papertowels and I'll be damned if somebody didn't steal my spray bottle off of my porch. They left the harder to find gloves but took the Febreeze bottle with alcohol in it. I do not live close to the road though there is a clear line of site and foot to get to the house. People are strange.

It is supposed to be beautiful today so would like to get some yard work done. Everybody else has been at it but I haven't been liking the weather. It has either been cold or windy. My lawn is in desperate need to be mowed already. I may have to pay the neighbor man for a first mow.

I still have my fosters Louise and Sadie. Since the pandemic they have put the adoption events on hold so there are no shows therefore the only adoptions come from the internet. My sweet Miss Louise is my feral rehab and she has found a new spot that she loves which is my chest. She knows she gets total devotion and lovins when she is there so we have a couple sessions a day. The first time she climbed onto my chest I cried. A new milestone. Total trust. I fear giving her up because I am afraid she will have a huge long set back. That she won't understand but I have sort of hardened my heart and told myself that she can't stay. She is going to go to a wonderful home. I am just preparing her. Little Sadie has recovered from living on the streets and is a feisty ole girl. I guess nine for a cat isn't really old old but old enough. She is the size of a six month old kitten. I call her lil' bit and her meow is more of a squeak which is comical. Right now she has an ear infection which I am beginning the think may be chronic as she might have allergies. Kripes just what I need I hope it isn't the food. Maybe that is why she came to be on the street. Owners couldn't deal with vet bills for her allergies. I can tell she definitely belonged to a male because she has imprinted on both my boys. Almost to annoyance.

New people moved in next door to me over the weekend. Two dogs and three kids. I have no dog fence so I have only been letting Dash out a couple of times a day. He will have to go on a tie out until I can convince someone to help with my fence. Breaks my heart. He has already been over there barking at the kids, i fetched him and talked to the kids for a second to get the scoop, yes kids will tell you all kinds of stuff. So I think if I get this stimulus check I will pay someone to do it. It is a small fence but holes have to be dug and stakes pounded and I don't have the equipment. I imagine it will have to wait until mid May though I think working outside and maintaining social distancing would be doable. They have allowed outdoor work crews to get back to work.

I was noticing that I was getting depressed and obsessing over getting sick and I am pretty sure it was the raise in Neurontin. I guess 300mg is my therapeutic level. I called my PM doc and told their office that I was going back to my old dosage and they must be okay with that because I have not heard back from them. It has been three days and I do feel better. Course this could be a bit of withdrawal LOLOL.

No Louise I am typing LOL.

As for this stimulus check I would like to be honest here. As an SSI recipient I have not suffered financially any more than usual by the pandemic. Not like some have/are. Now there has been money spent on cleaners and sanitizers and paper products that is not in my usual repertoire of household goods. So honestly I am surprised to be getting a check. I understand it is to try to stimulate the economy but mine will go towards bills and much needed things. Thank you God for a bit of help there. Brandon filed taxes last year so he has already gotten his.

Not a lot going on here. My house is a hot mess and it weighs on me. I am moving around less and less, thank God for spring, so I am sure I have lost muscle mass in my legs and I have gained back 20 pounds in the last year and I am sure my knees are going to feel it once I start getting out and working. It will be good for me mentally. I have read that dirt has a natural antidepressant in it so I need to get out there and do some digging. I do have some flowers that came up. Waiting on my tulips.

Okay babbled enough missing everybody. You'd think that with all stuck at home we would hear from more peoples.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

im still alive at 65

guess you dont care
    because im in a

conspiracy lair
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

im near seattle in the land of gates morons

i want Linux or i close down for good
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

deleted post wrong forum
    Last edited by clouds z; 05-06-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Clouds why would you say we don't care? Were you just waxing poetic or were you serious? Are you having puter problems is that why you want to go to Linux? My brother did a while back and loves it.

Still wearing my mask and carrying my sanitizer but I have stopped being so hypervigilant which has done wonders for my anxiety over all of this. Noticed that a lot of places have taken down their requirement to wear mask but are keeping their social distancing up pretty good. I only go to small places close by or I order online. Slowly bringing in the cleaning station but the little table has been great to set stuff down on as I am coming in the house.

My cousin on my father's side of the family and I have connected on FB. She does not live far from me. We haven't been able to really socialize because of circumstances but she has dropped some things off at my house a few times. She is taking time to clear hers out. We have spoken face to face but it was short. She knows I have a social anxiety but we do want to get together when things are safe again. Whenever that will be. My state Governor has taken some hits over her lockdown and the nuts have come out of the woodwork to protest. A security guard was killed not far from me for trying to enforce a store's mask requirement. Woman got pissed and went and got her man and told on the mean guard so he went and shot him. I hate people.

i got my stimulus check but it will go for nothing I want. Just bills and trying to get my fence up. Maybe brakes on my van.. Got my part for my brake sensor so my brake light is now off.

this above is all old, sort of lol. Got my fence up. Got new neighbors and their dog, a Staffie mix, busted through my Hawthorne bush and attacked my forever foster Skyler. Mind you this is the same house that the people whose dog killed my Brody in 2017. He didn't hurt him he was more muzzling him. He wanted to play but is young, untrained and has no concept of his size. Scared the bejesus outta all involved but as soon as I saw him not using teeth I calmed down and we were able to get control of the situation. The man came later but I didn't get a chance to talk to him, he told Jared that he was either a new foster or rescue and that was his first dog. Within the week that they moved in he also went after the neighbor's little dog out in the road. Busted loose from the little boy that lives there. I have no clue why they would entrust the dog like that to be controlled by a child. I intend to go over there today and see if they are fostering for anybody I know and if they need a bit of advice from what little I know. As for the fence we Started out with four of us and no clue what we were doing to five and getting up a nice doggy play area with three gates so I can access different parts of the yard without having to walk all the way around. I got welded wire with the big 4" inch squares up top going down to 2" squares at the bottom. Does not block my view of the yard at all and is not made to be permanent so when someone else lives here it is easy to remove. It's perfect. I offered the neighbors money for their time and effort as I did very little except hurt myself trying to help, nobody would take it just said they were being good neighbors. I sobbed.

Jingle i am happy you are finally able to hear better. I hope your mouth has healed well.

The political climate has got me fearful. So many crazy people. I have bumper stickers I would proudly put on my van if I didn't think some Trumpster would key it. It is terrible and frightening. Throw this pandemic in to the mix brings out a whole new level of craziness.

Got my MRI now of my entire back done. Doc says I have a couple of mildly bulging disks down my back but those don't seem to be bothering me. My neck is constantly in a spasm as well as my trapezius muscles. Did telehealth visit with pain management doc and he is suggesting trigger point injections. I really don't want shots in my neck, don't mind my upper back. We'll see how badly that goes lol.

Jeannie I bet you got stuff growing beautifully now. Would love to see pictures. Seems to always be a work in progress yes?

I have given up on planting things and have gone to just maintenance which is very hard on me though Brandon bought me a tomato plant I can grow over the summer now that the nights are finally warm enough to put it outside. Gotta love this Michigan weather. Had to run the furnace a couple times early Friday morning then went to turning the air on Sunday night.

Joy I am so glad to see you back here. I don't care about your spelling it is perfectly legible. I always have typed in bold after some said reading was difficult I figured bold might be a little better so I now have always done it.

I seem to have lost my taste for blogging at the moment. The whole thing went south from it's original intention. Not sure if it is cathartic. Depressing is what it is LOL. My life seems to be the same every day. Stuff that needs to be done and some does lots doesn't. I still break down with anger and frustration that my pain keeps me from doing more but they are short bursts. I need to take charge of my son and make him do more. What I hate most is that some things never go away as you get older. Life is spent doing dishes, laundry, dusting, cleaning. It is something in life that never changes, you don't get a break unless you are living in a managed care facility and are totally unable to do those things then it is too late to really enjoy freedom. I wonder if in my past life I was a spoiled rich person who could afford to be catered to and maybe I was not a very nice person so I got this life to pay for it LOLOL.

Well I love you all and I know there are those that still lurk I sure wish you would chime in.

7. The following 3 users say "thanks"

ok ignore what i said

9. The following user says "thanks"

feel sick from phn i guess in a few minutes it will go i guess

got hulu for 6 a month watching junk i havent seen in years,,watching botched about plastic surgery nuts

11. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Sitting here waiting on a telehealth appointment with my pain management doctor after a botched video call. I don't know why he does video calls lol they suck every time. Then he winds up calling me. Oh not right away, no that would be too convenient, instead he makes me wait fifteen, twenty minutes. Went and had trigger point injections, 12 of them, in my neck and upper back on Tuesday morning, Wednesday had knocked pain down to 4/5 then by Thursday afternoon they had pretty much worn off. Right now I am down from my usual 9 to a 7. Doc thinks that's progress. Asks me if there are any other issues, so I ask for another set of lumbar/sacral facet injections. They only give me minor relief for a period of time but some is better than none. So I hang up the phone and burst into tears. Is there any other issues? Well hell ya doc, how about I am a screaming 7/8/9 from my neck to my toes everyday, 24/7. Why don't ya do something about that?!

I think I am going to need xrays of my right shoulder, it hurts all the time now. It is the shoulder I put under my pillow when I sleep so basically my neck and head are laying on it. When I was young I dislocated that shoulder and it took years for it to heal right. The other day I was talking with a friend, doing some catching up and he said his shoulder had been hurting and when he went to the doc he got xrays and they found some hairline fractures in his rotator cuff from him sleeping on it all the time. So need to make an appointment to have mine looked at. Probably have developed arthritis in it.

I am so happy that the libraries have opened back up. I can get back to my books. Have been watching a lot of streaming TV and I miss reading before sleeping.

Joy I am so happy to see so much of you lately. Rose I think of you everyday and Jeannie and Jingle I see on FB everyday. Clouds I am sorry you are not doing well. I know for all that between the pandemic and the political climate things seem scary. I guess they kind of are.

I for one am thinking of getting a gun. I have wanted to get one for years. Right now I cannot legally have a handgun because I am a registered medical marijuana user. I would have to let my card lapse which would mean there are a lot of places I cannot get into for medication but if pulled over carrying meds I would not get into trouble because it is legal recreationally here. Course I want a tattoo also but I still haven't gotten that LOLOL. Still working on my catio screens. Yes it is taking forever but between my fibro, arthritis and the heat I just haven't been up to it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123