Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's happening? Part 3

Distinguished Community Member

i read little of this all-i sleep a lot
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/108959..._source=pushly Globally Flakka has become prized for producing a sense of euphoria and sharpened senses. Yet side effects can cause terrifying outbursts of violent paranoia and wild hallucinations. It looks like household bath salts and can be eaten, snorted, injected or vaped. On Plymouth’s central precincts those who live on the streets suspect it is now being used in drug and alcohol cocktails. Jay Weston, a 40-year-old homeless man who has served time in prison, told The Sun Online that Flakka is one among many psycho-stimulants which are attractive "because they are so cheap". He added: "Some of the kids have absolutely no idea of the strength of what they’re taking.

the worlds gone mad
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Morning all. Freezing here. Getting our late winter cold snap then hopefully things are going to start warming up. What? I can be optimistic.

Finished my PT for my thoracic trapezius area so now we are on to an MRI. Pain management proceeds to tell me that the kind of pain I am having sounds more cervical so here I go again to PT for cervical PT then I get my MRI of my neck. What a frickin' hassle. Another month. HE could have told me that when I described the pain the first time over a month ago. I guess maybe it is a good thing to get it all covered. A total MRI, that will be a first. Lower back done a couple of times. I don't know what has changed with him but he knows I have my MMJ card and asked if I used and I told him yes but it wasn't touching my worst pain. All I want is maybe one day a week where I can be relatively painless, by this time I am in tears, so he said I had to do a urine drop and if it came back only positive for marijuana then he would write me script for something. i about fell outta my chair. So soon I might get some relief. Just once in a while my mind needs a break from the pain. He's already talking about injections. Kripes just what I need. It would be nice if it was something PT would fix.

Brandon is in a pit of suffering and i don't know what to do for him or to say to him except to hang in there. 1 in 5 males have herpes. He is not alone. I believe it said 1 in 8 females. He has been retested but his urine test said he is not shedding any herpes cells which is a fantastic thing. He is waiting for the blood work to come back. They will probably call him Monday. The person who helped him at the health department, which is where I told him to go they are more experienced and more forthcoming with info and help, was very good at explaining to Brandon how things work. He has never had a break out so they could not do a blot test. So we wait. Pretty sure it will come back positive but we are praying for that off chance of a false positive. He also has genital warts that have been there for years and they said he at one time had HPV and they were the symptom so those are being treated and his body has overcome the HPV and he no longer has it. He still has not told his lady friend. He says she is going through so much that they do not get to see each other unless he goes to her work and of course they can't talk there. He is not around the children yet, he has not officially met them. he does not go to her house if the kids are there and her ex rarely gets them so they only talk on the phone and he can't bare to tell her on the phone. He is going to wait now until the new test comes back and then he will have to make time.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Promises to be a beautiful spring day here. The sun in blazing in the patio door on me and I can feel it's warmth. Almost all of our snow is gone, just piles from plowing or shoveling large amounts. Almost time to finish fixing the mower. There's something to look forward to lol.

Brandon told his girl about his herpes and at first like we knew she freaked out. Immediately went to the doctor five of which told her they do not do herpes tests unless you think you are having a breakout. It is hugely common. She finally got tested which came back negative which calmed her considerable and her best friend talked her down and helped become informed about how common it is and what the chances of her contracting it are. She and Brandon are back on thanks to this friend. They are taking things slow still but back on. I had hoped she would be a smart young lady and get informed before she tossed Brandon out. Brandon does not seem to be contagious. He is shedding no herpes virus neither in his skin or his urine so that is a great thing.

I went to the cardiologist yesterday and talked to his nurse instead of him and took my list of diagnosis and had her explain it to me. Looks like there is no particular cause found for my heart attack the little muscle that was damaged by my heart attack has strengthened back up and as for blockages in my neck there was only some noise that could be nothing or a slight bit of plaque but it is so little that they couldn't say if it was blockage or white noise so they are saying my heart is healthy, I do not have artherosclerosis. I am so relieved all I can think about is having another heart attack in my sleep again but not waking up or being alone out working in the yard and having one. I am not out of the woods but the trees are fewer and farther between. There are things that must be done to ensure I do not have another. One thing I don't like is that over the last year I have gained almost 20 of my pounds back. I know it is pop and chocolate. My knees and my feet can feel it. I have started gorging myself at lunch time with what starts out as a relatively healthy lunch with some fruit and a fat free ham sandwich made with delicious 12 grain whole wheat bread but then there are the after sides. I have been trained to want dessert after I have eaten or want chips and dip which I seem to have developed an affinity for then still need something sweet to eat. I wind up eating so much that when I take a nap afterwards I feel like crap when I wake up and my stomach is still full and bloated from just laying there. I am going to dial back and the pop has to go. I was down to drinking a regular sized Coke once or twice a week. Now I am back to a 2 liter which lasts me like two days a couple times a week. I am getting no exercise what so ever. I get up and get on the puter, then once the cats are fed and I have putered more I pick up the house or clean some things then lunch, movie, nap. I need to get my exercise chair back out and hook up my VCR so I can play my workout DVD.

It is almost time to get out and get my catio finished. I have screen that needs finishing putting up, as soon as it starts warming up enough to go out in a jacket I can get to it. There is so much out in the yard that needs to be finished. Jared is going to be very busy and help me.

The rescue I work with has cats on show at our local Petsmart and we call it Kitty City. Everybody takes turns cleaning it. The cages get cleaned every morning before they open by the employees and then a volunteer comes in the early evening and cleans again. I had volunteered despite my pain levels and made Jared go and help me. When I told him I needed help he had a fit. I volunteered before my upper back got bad and when it came time I could barely raise my arms or turn my head so I made him go. First time he made a big deal out of all the way there, a mile and a half lol, but once we got there he was hooked. Taking kitty pictures and sending them to friends. Getting fresh water and replenishing food just being really helpful. He never complained again. The other day he asked me when we cleaned again, I have not made plans cause of my pain, so I guess we can make another round

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Big deal for me today … at "my" (I spend so much time there) medical center, the super nice hearing woman put in my hearing aid. My goodness, what a big deal. Very easy, very simple and it works. I'm walking in a very different world - amazing.

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

woo hoo Jingle, that's great! Now you can eavesdrop with no trouble.

10. The following user says "thanks"

What a day … My first visit 8:30 was to the heart clinic where they checked me after that cardio surgery a couple weeks ago.
    Then 10:30 was to the ENT clinic. While waiting there the audio woman who gave me my hearing aid yesterday saw me and scooted to the waiting room to check my ear and ask how I was.
    Much later the ENT surgeon looked at the "work" on my throat and pronounced me very well. Whew …. all fast and easy but I was glad to get home and dive into bed for a nap. Somebody in that group wanted blood so I have to fast and go back there in the morning. I think and hope that's my visit for at least a month.

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I just don't think it appropriate to post this on the things to be happy about thread because I am so not happy about several things. very close to my town and again very close to my daughter's (thus granddaughter's place) there was another tornado! I definitely see why my mother hated spring weather so much. I add thathere we had many even in December as I recall many times while I was an EMT going to help search for people after their homes were destroyed. With all the weather temperatures going haywire more often than ever we never know what to expect. So yes it was much easier when I was a child, even tho I saw much destruction, I usually just trusted that my mother would have it all under control. Now that I am a mother and grandmother I know her fear up close and deep down to the depths of my being.

I am also sad that the members that I knew and loved are vanishing from here. I don't know if it is from deaths, failing health or what. I know it is very difficult and time consuming for me to make even the simplist post myself. I use to say I was lettingmy mistakes go and hope that people could understand my meaning but old habits from my working days die hard. I have lost so much of what I was and I guess I am trying to hang onto something of my past work history. but without good eyesight, bad hearing and muscles hard to control I am going to have to give up a lot of things or just be in same category as many of those I miss. I miss, Buttons, Jo6, TicChick who has not be here for awhile and Javis, and others that I know but names escape me now Seems that isoneof the cruel things memory plays on me, I have it righton tip of my tonge and then it flees. I am grateful for jingle, clouds, houghcrest, and sorry but now not only is hands tired but apparently so is my mind. take care everyone and stay in as much as possible and be safe. I fear everyone will get this dreaded virus but hoping not all at once. I felt bad on one of the earlier days when I needed to go to hospital for some bone scans and am now wishing I had gone. I am unable to walk even tho I did go to hospital for my hip and back shots. but the shots I received earlier for my knees is gone andi am having so much pain even trying to move anywhere. again enough with the complaining. I wish everyone sunny days and smiles fro loved ones. Later long time (computer but real) friends just the same.

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

this has been my home forum all these years and you all have been my online friends. I doubt if I will be online much any more as it keeps gettingmore difficult for me to get online.

hubby, the cats and I are doing fair all things considered. Hubby had a wreck recently and the damage was to vehicle and not bodies. not a bad thing to say for a 3 vehicle accident. now if he could get repair shop to come out and give him an estimate and the insurance company to pay up, (it was not his fault). so glad we have another vehicle so we are not stranded.
    tho I may not be online it will beimpossible not to think of you all as it has become a nice habit to wonder how everyone is. I did not want anyone wondering what happen. old age happened and sitting with a cat in my lap watching tv is not a bad way to handle that, lol. take care all.

Joy -- I certainly hope and pray we continue hearing from you. Please try to keep posting when you can.
    I also have cats to keep me going -- two big cats I adore. As tiny kittens they came to me from the local humane society shelter in 2010. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Oh, I hope you stay online!

((( Hugs to Joy )))

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast