Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What's happening? Part 3

Distinguished Community Member

Glad to hear from you, clouds z. Hoping things will improve.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Clouds I am sorry you are feeling poorly, sending out prayers and a gentle (((((hugs)))))

4. The following user says "thanks"

now air quality is bad...west coast
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Morning everyone. I figured I would try and get here when my mood is better. I get tired of whining. I don't know if it's whining or just stating the facts. I feel like I am whining.

Got up early this morning and made myself take a shower, I did some laundry yesterday and it seems forever since I have been down in the basement. Getting a bit of webbing in some areas. I despise spiders but you have to learn to make a bit of peace with them when you live next to the woods. Next time I go down I will take a broom with me and just go around and do some sweeping. I bought some bug spray with one of those automatic spray wands on it, you put a battery in it, and it is good for the year but the wand on it sucks and only works half the time so I only got to some places. I am going to order some spray bottles from Amazon and use one of those. I just ordered some, I got 4 bottles for like a dollar and some change, and put my different cleaners in them. I had been reusing cleaning bottles but they had been written on so many times trying to keep track which was in what bottle that I no longer had room to label and trying to remember just wasn't worth it so a spent a couple of dollars. I was in WalMart a while back and was looking to get some spray bottles and they had some in the makeup/hair aisles. The prices were ridiculous for a little spray bottle so I went to the laundry aisle where the clothes pins and ironing boards are and found bigger more industrial bottles for dollars cheaper. I was looking for a bottle to mist clothes with water. I learned that if your shirt or item is wrinkled you can almost instantly unwrinkle it by hanging the item and misting with water. Let it set and relax and you can lightly pull it smooth too. Of course you must do this ahead of time so it dries some but I have worm many slightly damp t shirts, they dry fast lol.

Seems I have developed bursitis in my right shoulder. I read on internet rest, ice and pain relievers, doc says no sling and continue physical therapy. How does the rest come in? I am right handed. Unless I wear it in a sling it gets no rest. I think I developed it from sitting at this computer. I really need to get my iPad fixed. It is only going to cost $50. I say only lol. Anyway, it is supposed to come and then go but it is not going and I sobbed literally at the thought of getting another injection. I have had 32 injections this year already. Oh wait, 33. I just can't imagine them sticking that needle into my shoulder. The knee injections are bad enough.

The weather has been beautiful prefall temperatures. I have noticed my trees and some others starting to change. Which reminds me I need to go out and check my mini maters. Brandon's mother's day plant has produced some tiny tomatoes but they are loaded with flavor. I think I didn't water it enough so my tomatoes were really mini.

If it weren't for trips to the store and the doctors my neighbors might think I was dead. I took the mower around the property to check the damage with trees falling every year seems like and that is all I have been out. I have trimming, weedwhacking and mowing that all need doing and I don't even go outside. I have been in a store one time in like months. My shoulder makes everything difficult because I know if I go out and start yard work I will pay for it. There is so much that needs doing that I avoid looking at it by not going outside. I should be sitting out there bundled up in a blanket on my swing with my iPad, drinking my coffee and listening to the birds sing in the sunrise. That is what I long to do damn if this didn't turn into a pity party LOLOL.

I have been messaging back and forth with my cousin who found me on FB. We have only seen each other once and it was awkward because it was when the pandemic first started and she stayed on the porch and we talked through the door but the dang dogs barked the entire time. Only couple of minutes, she was dropping something off, I don't even remember what. She knows I have a social phobia and has been very respectful of it though she has only mentioned it once or twice in reference to us meeting for real. She is my first cousin and we played together when we were very little. Our dads were brothers and from what I can tell they were both dysfunctional. Course they came from dysfunctional abusive households. She is going to pick up my chainsaw and have it looked at to see if it is safe to use. It makes a rattling noise and I can see the little nut and bolt that is rattling I just don't know why it is doing that. She knows I am disabled and has offered to help me do some stuff without being pushy about it.

Also had distant relative from Bavaria post on the family FB page and I responded. I got an email saying I had a friend request from them but they must have changed their mind because it didn't come up on my FB page. I have considered sending them a message to see if maybe they were too shy and that's why it was withdrawn. They are using a language translator for FB. Very interesting. My asshat brother responded to them first and since I know him so well I could tell that his comment was insinuating that the person may possibly be lying. I could be wrong but it sounds like it.

Brandon is gone to Georgia to stay with his dad for a week. His dad actually is paying for it all. Blew my mind. He has been a new man since he met this newer woman. They even got married after a short time dating. He is doing well not being in a relationship with an addict. He himself is an addict and stayed drunk most of the time. He still has a couple beers once in a while but never like before. Brandon refers to him as Dave and is very resentful about what a lousy father he was and now that he got married and has this new life and two step daughters, though they are grown, he acts like the greatest dad alive. Not to mention he is a huge dork. Yeah I am well aware that's not very mature. Excuse me for a second cause I was with the man for 18 years. Brandon can't wait to get to work when he gets home. He put his resume on Indeed and has gotten a huge amount of responses so he is sure he can find something decent. He really likes doing factory work. Not the kind where you do the same repetitive job day after day but the big warehouse type jobs. I asked him if he could have any job he wanted what would it be and he didn't know. He never really thought about it but his last factory job he loved the manual labor. I thought the fact that he couldn't think of anything was sad. Almost like he had no goal for his life and was just floating. I imagine that is exactly how he feels. He is a terrible narcissist. And whiny, man can that kid whine. I miss our morning coffees because we had become each other's company during this pandemic but man does he stress me out. And God forbid I should talk about any health issues. He does not want to hear it. I think it is because it scares him. And I know it stresses him out. I tell him the basics so that if anything happens to me he will know something. I have used a notebook to keep important information in just in case something happens to me they will have some kind of reference.

Okay I have gone on long enough, hope to hear from somebody soon.

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

yay i found my laptop cord! Yay my fingers that was slammed in the back of our GMC and the door shut COMPLETELY leaving me with 2 broken fingers and i had to go to hospital - long drive because it was at the lake, to get the tip sewn bacl on. eight stitches. and NO i did NOT feel anything. no lying. my daughter thinks i did because she was the one who shut the door and happened to look up at my face. well i ask, how would your face look if you saw your hand enclosed all shut up in the totally closed back door of your long gmc youkon? i had left my powered wheelchair at home so we could carry our junk to the lake. and since both my feet & legs have no feelings i was creeping along from my front seat holding onto the side of the vehicle with my right hand so hopefully i would not fall. my intentions were to once the jet ski was well into the water hopefully getting onto it for a short ride. so boo i haven't gotten to ride it this year. i hope that the bones have healed enough, because i gotta say it is hard to keep something that doesn't hurt still. oh yes, they found where at some time i also had the fifth finger broken at some time in my life while they were xraying my fingers. huh, guess they have been dead longer than i think or else i am wonder woman.

i hurt my back bad while trying to get onto the surgery table for myradio frequency abulation shots. i swear i think they let all the help in the room play with the patients while they have a person in surgery. it hurt like double hE!! . but i will be forced to keep getting them. usuaLLY it takes them about 10 minutes to do the injections on a normal person but they have to do so much on me that it takes about an hour and half. there is no thinking that i can go on without them either even if it is painfu. i try riding that jet ski for a reason, that is my back up plan. but it wo\t work if i cannot get on the darned thing. i can only ride for a few minutes because i have no muscles. i have a plastic stick with a big flat spot on top that i use to push the button to start it. so naturally i cannot grip the handle to give it gas for very long. but i kinda feel like a normal person for a short while if i can pull it all off. and no wave jumping for me as that really would pound my back big time.

well hope everone is just normal, i mean getting older and griping. that's normal for my 74 year old age group. hubby was trying to fix a light (on a ladder no less) and fell and hit the wall. he knocked his shoulder out of place big time. they had to put (in hospital) to sleep to put his shoulder back in place. he said i guess maybe he didn't give me enough sympathy for when i tore my rotator cuff when that box fell on me in thelowes store. so here we sit just two old folks counting down timdue. our daughter just lost her best friend to cancer so i'm not going to knock growing old, just the pain that goes on daily and nightly with it.
    but hey, still here and i do enjoy seeing the sunshine outside Later
    Last edited by joy; 09-19-2020 at 11:39 AM. Reason: duh

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

if i lost 30 pounds id feel better
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

clouds i have found that slimmer or heavier if not waybig, each comes with a different set of problems. truly, so usually i try to walk a fine line between it and still have trouble. but even younger i use to say things can always get worse, and i know thats still true today. so i try and be a little grateful at least when i am not complaining so much, lol. gtrue. ahh anxiety to spare also. but at least not completly ddpressed, just some. take carfe all.

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345