Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Years Eve?

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Default New Years Eve?

Anyone have special plans for next Tuesday - New Years Eve?
    I sure don't. I'll have a quiet evening at home with the cats.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

nope.

there are too many crazy people out drinking and driving, ignoring the motto, "don't drink and drive".

i'll watch a movie, read my book, maybe sip some wine.

that's good enough :)
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I too will be doing a whole lot of nothing. I won't even make it until the ball dropping. Might make something special for dinner on New Year's day though. My ex MIL traditionally put out a spread with bacon cheese dogs as the main dish. I still like to do the dogs.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by houghchrst View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I too will be doing a whole lot of nothing. I won't even make it until the ball dropping. Might make something special for dinner on New Year's day though. My ex MIL traditionally put out a spread with bacon cheese dogs as the main dish. I still like to do the dogs.
    A bacon cheese dog? How do you make that? What do you have with it? Just a couple days ago I thought I would like a hot dog so I bought a pkg of some good looking hot dogs, a pkg of buns and hurried home. I toasted the buns, chopped some onion and fried the hot dogs. Bah - I ate one and certainly wanted no more. They're piled in the freezer.

8. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Jingle is really easy, cut a slit in a hot dog down it's length, put cheese in the slit then wrap the hotdog with a piece of thin sliced bacon. I put tooth picks in mine to hold the cheese upright so it doesn't run out. Then bake them until the bacon is done. She usually does a whole load a plate spread, mini BBQ wieners, chips and dips, veggies and dip, all kinds of finger foods. We just do the dogs with maybe some baked beans or french fries, something easy. Here we have Koegel wieners and bologna which is hands down the best, they are only local though. Have become very expensive so I don't usually buy them unless it is a special occasion.

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Thanks …. That does sound good. I like bacon with just about anything.
    Yes, I've never seen a Koegel. One night at church we were having a hot dog meal for kids and a nice man brought some --I can't remember the brand name. It was Jewish, I think. They were wonderful. He said they MUST be cooked on a BBQ grill

I haven't decided what to have on New Years. I don't think it has to be special, does it?

12. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Jingle would it be Hebrew National hot dogs? Another excellent wiener. Yes grilling is wonderful, in the winter I roast them in a pan or use a meat fork and hold it over the stove flame. Haven't done that in forever LOL.

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Our usual Wednesday night church service has been moved to tonight- Tuesday night, so I will be going out on New Years Eve after all.
    I might do something wild and crazy like stop by Walmart on my way home at 8PM.

16. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Happy Healthy New Year!

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Torn between throwing a big party for our friends and neighbors (most of whom we don't know) or painting the town red, Jim and I opted for a quiet evening at home.

Instead of champagne, Jim will pop a Tylenol with Codeine. I'll have a glass of white zin. If things get wild and raucous, I'll ask Jim to spread some Asperceme on my lower back. Do we know how to party, or what?!

We'll probably both doze off during the "Countdown in Times Square," and I mean the one at 9:00 p.m. our time, not midnight.

Living La Vita Loca!

On a serious note, Jim and I will think about our Angels, as we say goodbye to the last year we spent with Jonathan. And we will pray that we are still here and together to welcome in 2021.

LINDA RONSTADT DOCUMENTARY - CNN

On New Year's Day, at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, CNN is showing "The Sound of My Voice," a documentary about Linda's life.

https://www.cnn.com/shows/linda-ronstadt-cnn-film

Linda was initially diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, until recently, when her diagnosis was revised as progressive supranuclear palsy. It is so very sad that her beautiful voice has been stilled by this condition. Yet, she remains strong and courageous and grateful for her life.

Here are a series of photos of Linda, also on CNN:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/09/enter...adt/index.html

I love every song Linda has ever sung. "Lo Siento Mi Vida" is one of my favorites, especially now, today, as I think of Jonathan and Michael:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswU7_PpbOg

Here is the English translation of the lyrics:

https://muzikum.eu/en/127-3945-22005...anslation.html

We wish everyone a Happy, Healthy New Year ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Stayed home. Ate lots of food. Found out some of my friends get hyper when drunk...LOL. Nothing new really. Happy New Year to Everyone at BT!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast