Thread: Kinda’ happy

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Default Kinda’ happy

I just wanted to tell you something that sort of made me happy, tonight we are going to see the Transyberian Orchestra (Do you know who they are & what the show is like?...The show has lots of flashing & spinning lights). We went to the bank today & mentioned we are going to one of their concerts tonight. The teller said something like ‘any people who have epilepsy better not go’. I said “Yeah, but some can. I have epilepsy”. In a way I never knew anyone knew anything about epilepsy. Let alone, would ever talk about it.
    Lorraine (lor)

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hadn't heard of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra but looked them up. They don't seem to have much connection with Siberia but I can see how their concerts must be very dazzling, to put it mildly.

That is remarkable that the person at the bank knew about epilepsy. Some types of epilepsy are triggered by flashing lights and others aren't. I happen to know that only because epilepsy was being considered as part of my MS at one time, and I read up on it a bit. I was particularly interested in the type that is triggered by flashing lights because flashing lights have bothered me badly ever since MS came along. I can't look at them without feeling very weird but no seizures have been triggered.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Lor,

I would love to be able to go with you that is one fantastic Orchestra I've listened to them on You Tube. My husbands Grandmother was an opera singer and she sang in the Metropolitan Opera House in NYC I really enjoy classical music also. Before I had surgery done certain colors would trigger seizures for me when I went to a concert and I would have to close my eyes for a few seconds until the color was gone today it doesn't bother me at all. Have a wonderful time. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue