Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím wondering what that means, Mike.

Thank you for your time.
    ANN
    I'd like to echo that.

It sounds as if an upgrade is in the offing. Do you have any idea when that will happen?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Thank You, Mike, David, and Dan

((((((Mike, David, & Dan)))))) ~

I re-read David's #7 post above, and I think I may have the gist of it now.

Using the vB format, which is familiar to all BT members, especially those, who post regularly, will make the transition to the updated site easier to understand. But the upgrade will also be appealing to newcomers, who expect a bit of a glossier, more social network style of communication.

Okay ... is that the correct interpretation?

After all of these years, I have faith in you that you will do whatever is best for BT. I continue to give prayers of thanks and send you healing, positive energy for your dedication to BT for so many years.

With your help, we'll all figure it out. We're not going anywhere, are we friends? No. We'll persevere and help each other learn anything new. As we have always done for each other for 2 decades.

Our BT community may not have tens of thousands, but we are strong and resilient. And, we've been keeping the light on for a long time. We've been through many changes. We will get through this one.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Administrator/Community Manager David Hosobuchi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, that’s Rose, that’s a good explanation of the reasoning behind the choice for the software.

The reasons for doing it are basically because we couldn’t continue with obsolete technology.
    Security, and other issues, were becoming a serious problem.
    Since we were faced with a situation where we were forced to upgrade to continue to support our community, we wanted to improve our community experience in doing so, while at least keeping it as familiar as possible.
    We also wish to improve upon how we do this.

These upgrades, once we order them, should be seamless. We will order the upgrade, vB will do the work on their servers, configure our new community imported from our current database. When it is ready, our domain name will be instantly switched to point to the new site, making it active. The old version will then be offline.

We will then have almost exactly the resources we had in the beginning with BrainTalk/BrainChat.
    We also now have the very important ability to run the organization ourselves.
    What we don’t currently have, we can work together to restore.

The upgrades will add new features to the community like we have not seen for over a decade.
    A live message system that will function not only to give our community a return of BrainChat, also the ability to have 1 on 1 private conversations.

Mike and I are currently busy setting up financial accounts to make BTC, Inc. Making it able to process donations and allow for our members to help support the organization that directly supports, and operates this community. 100% of funds collected will go to BTC, Inc. a Massachusetts nonprofit organization.
    We are currently in good standing, there are a few procedures that still need to be done at the bank, and other financial institution levels.
    We’ll be ready to accept donations soon, for those who wish to help.

We’ll look to find other ways to fund our community in the future as well.
    Though we will continue to keep our community space with minimal advertising.
    Last edited by David Hosobuchi; 02-02-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    "The Most Determined Win!"

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12