Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: October Chitchat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nobody posting here just now though there are 6,889 "guests." That may be a record number.

Maybe I can put in a little plug for the Politics discussion over at my blog. Though it's an extra thing to remember to look for when you're here, and it's not possible to post your own thread there, I keep posting news items and comments, and sometimes people reply in those posts. I've tried to include everyone who might be interested among the "friends" in my Profile, and that gives you access to the blog if you want.

The administration here has OK'd any topic in a blog so long as it's peaceful and clean and not spammy.

Maybe a better solution will be found for those who would like to discuss politics here but for the moment, there is this ongoing blog. I'll keep it going for as long as there is any interest in it.
    Last edited by agate; 10-17-2019 at 08:12 AM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I haven't been posting much this week. Just not quite up to it right now, but I will be back in form soon. I am alright. Just in a dark place right now.
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

So sorry about the dark place, Virginia.

This board is sparsely populated lately. The departures and deaths of some of the members have left huge gaping holes.

Just browsing around, I was trying to find out how Ann Romney is doing with her MS since there hasn't been any news about her for years. I didn't find out but I ran across an old interview where Oprah was talking to Ann and her husband. It must have been done when he was running for President.

I noticed that Ann Romney stated that she no longer turns on the TV because it was "too much noise." She says she needs a lot of peace.

I can understand that and wonder if it's true for quite a few people with MS. Maybe with lots of other neurological disorders as well?
    Last edited by agate; 10-18-2019 at 07:59 AM.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

IT is true for me agate. I only read the news. Period. DH watches it when Iam not in earshot.

Sorry to hear you are in a dark place Virginia. WIsh I could help out...

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Best wishes and warm, cheerful thoughts for Virginia. I hope she feels better and able to return soon.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thanks you Ann.

Weather here is to be a high today of 68 degrees. Tomorrow it is supposed to be a high of 65. I am planning to go meet a little family tomorrow evening so it will be cooler. I have definitely put away all summer clothes for this year. My gas logs will not come on, so I called the people where I get my propane and a man is coming out Tuesday afternoon, so I should have them then. I had to stop in Home Depot yesterday briefly. I wish I had gone ahead and bought a good carbon monoxide alarm. I had one and it finally after many years gave out, so I need another one. They are on the pricey side. I think about $75.00 to $80.00 for a good one. Maybe I will look on Amazon.
    Virginia

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Saw on the news tonight that a lot of people in Florida are without power due to the storm in that State. Hope Jeanie and Sunshine are not among them.

The storm is headed for Georgia and North Carolina. I hope none of us loose power.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia, Jeanie, Sunshine and all who may be affected by the storm, our prayers are with you. May you be safe, undamaged, and power-full.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I'm inflicting another photo on you folks--I wanted to capture these African violets while they were still doing OK, before I manage to stifle them, which is what I did to the previous couple of violets. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I've had a few violets and they've always done fine but this last bunch was superb for a while but after a few months started to fail. I'm trying harder with these newer ones, which I got in August.

Attached Images Attached Images

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

My Granny (dad's mom) grew those, and had a green thumb on making them thrive.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast