No announcement yet.

RIP Catdancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, Jeanie, that I didn't reply. I just PM'd now but it looks like you already received the info.

Comment

My connection is timing out. Try Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... to find her obituary.

Comment

Thank you for this, Parsi. It’s great to see Cat’s beautiful face!

ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Originally posted by Parsi View Post
          My connection is timing out. Try Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... to find her obituary.
          Thank you. I miss Catdancer. She was such a great presence on this board.
          Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Thank you Parsi for posting this. I miss Cat and keep thinking I am going to come on and there will be a post from her. It still doesn't seem quite real.
            Virginia

Comment

Thank you Parsi. It is a beautiful tribute to Ann. She led an amazing life full of goodness, integrity and fun. Were more of us so inclined there would be peace in the world.

Comment

Thank you, Parsi. It's a lovely photo and so nice that people who never had a chance to see her can see her.

Her husband wrote this on her Facebook page yesterday:

For all of you that have known Ann all these years, I her husband Ralph need to tell you that she died September 17 at just after 4 AM. It's been over 3 weeks now, & I miss her every day. For the 3rd or 4th time this year she had 3 episodes of it's &/or pneumonia at which time she lost her cognitive abilities. The last time the antibiotics no longer brought her ability to speak or communicate or eat in anyway. After 4 days I had her taken of of love support & she passed away in my arms. There is no formal memorial service. There may be a call in service in a couple months. She was cremated. I'm still dealing with many things, since her life was on the computer & the Kindle. I am computer illiterate. Thank you all for being her friends. Hubby Ralph.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate~

Thank you for sharing Ralph's message. My heart goes out to Ralph, as 3 weeks is like just a minute ago, especially after a lifetime together. And even though Ralph isn't computer savvy, he is still sending us messages and gratitude. Ralph, you are doing great, and your beloved Ann is proud of you.

May you find comfort in knowing that you are not alone in missing Ann, as she has many friends from all over the world, who treasure her.

((((((Cat))))))

Love & Light.

Rose
                  Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

:) Thinking of Ralph and wondering how he is doing. I hope he will post here or let Agate know. I think we are all praying for him and their family and friends. Jeanie :)

Comment

Jeanie, he says he's computer illiterate. I'm not sure he's able to get here to read the posts or whether someone finds them for him, but if everyone is OK with this, I can put a reply to him on Facebook telling him he's always welcome here.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Please do Agate and thank you!
                        Virginia

Comment

I was sad to read this about Cat, she was one of the first people I talked to when I joined this forum 21 years ago, after I first got dx with MS.
                          s
                          Jendie
                          I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

Comment

She was one of the first people I talked to as well, jendie, and she was a "first responder" here much of the time for many years.

Comment

She was a fountain of information for me too....from the beginning of my MS journey.
                              Linda
                              Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

We can add my name to that list. I remember her from way back then, also Clinical Cherie, xoxoMark, Grassman, Howie, Peg and some others. I thought Cat was the bravest person I ever saw. She use to take her wheelchair to the car, lean up against the car while she folded it and put it in her trunk, then she would slide along the side of the car to get in where she used hand controls. Now that is determination.

I am concerned about Ralph because I think Cat took care of everything concerning the house, paying bills, etc. I hope he is doing alright. I know Peg's Joe has the two boys, but TC and Cat did not have children and that makes a difference. Even with the family I know Joe is very lonely without Peg.
                                Virginia

Comment

Working...
                                X