Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RIP Catdancer

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Parsi ~

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

It is comforting to know that Cat was in Hospice care, and I pray that she felt no pain and passed peacefully.

We're all here to support you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Rose,
    Thanks, I will miss her but I haven't been in touch with her much the last few years. So I'm not aware of the loss like someone who would see her or talk to her frequently. The triggers are fewer.

To all,
    if we had an obit we'd share it with you and everyone would know her name. So I'll announce it now and you can all search for her address on Whitepages.com. Search for Elizabeth Ann Woldt in Wautoma, WI. She went by Ann.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Thank you for all of this, Parsi.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have received this message via Facebook from Tom Cat:

This is Ann's hubby Ralph. Ann died at 4:01 on Tuesday, Sept. 17th. She was hospitalized for uti & pneumonia, she was incognitive, & didn't respond to the intravenous antibiotics after 4 days. She did not respond to me or others at all. I took her off of life support, and she passed in my arms 4 days later. She was a wonderful lady, and we got to spend 51 married years together. Please let everyone on BrainTalk [know]. If you like I'll let you know more later. This has been a tough year, in which she lost her cognitive abilities 3 times, but came back twice. She was a fighter to the end, especially for social causes. Hubby RalphDear Ralph, Thank you so much for contacting me. Th will let people know, and I hope you'll be able to l

Part of my reply may be showing up in the quoted material above. I can't seem to delete it. Anyway,
    I replied and asked him to let Parsi or me know about arrangements. I mentioned that some here might like to make a donation to a favorite charity.

Maybe I should have waited for input from people here before replying but I'm afraid everyone here will have to trust my judgment on this. This is what I wrote in reply:

Dear Ralph, Thank you so much for contacting me. The BrainTalk people had learned this sad news via Ann's Facebook page but we didn't know any details. I will let people know, and I hope you'll be able to let [Parsi] or me know about arrangements. Some of us would like a chance to remember her, maybe with a donation to a favorite charity or cause. I will miss her as she was a good friend for the last 18 years, and good friends are scarce! Best wishes to you at this difficult time, [agate]

Last edited by agate; 09-20-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have received this message via Facebook from Tom Cat:

Part of my reply may be showing up in the quoted material above. I can't seem to delete it. Anyway,
    I replied and asked him to let Parsi or me know about arrangements. I mentioned that some here might like to make a donation to a favorite charity.

Maybe I should have waited for input from people here before replying but I'm afraid everyone here will have to trust my judgment on this. This is what I wrote in reply:

Perfect...thank you so much. Nicely done.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Thank you agate. Well done.
    How very sad...She did live her life well, and did well with the cards she was dealt. She was a good woman.
    (I have read that more recently there are antibiotic resistant UTIís that result in death.)

Agate, thank you so much for handling this. As always, you have a gift with words and I am glad it was you that TC contacted. Your response was perfect.

TC obviously is having a hard time, as we all knew that he would be. So many years together.
    Virginia

11. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Thank you so much for posting this message from Cat's husband. Your response to him is lovely. I hope that he is comforted in knowing how much we all love Cat and care about him.

My heart goes out to TC, as I'm sure he will be lost without Cat after 51 years together. In my experience, men have a more difficult time grieving for their wives than women, who grieve for their husbands.

Unfortunately, UTIs are often accompanied by an upper respiratory infection, especially in people who are immune compromised. Treating both simultaneously can be a challenge. UTIs can impair cognition, more so than pneumonia, for some reason. I've witnessed this with several friends and family members. It is frightening.

I'm so sorry that TC had to make the decision to remove Cat from ventilation. It is absolutely heart wrenching to make that decision.

TC and all of you are in my prayers.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

13. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Thank you, Agate. I would love to make a donation in her memory. The charity does not necessarily need to be MS related, just one that Catdancer favored. Her lifetime of fighting for social causes was something I very much admired about her.
    If you speak or e-mail TC again, please pass any information on here or e-mail it to me.
    Thanks again.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No further details yet but Parsi and I are staying on the lookout.

She could be so funny. I recall one time--I wasn't there but it was reported online--when Cat Dancer was visiting Peg (and it would be Peg's birthday today) and was looking at the horse. Cat Dancer asked what kind of horse it was and was told it was a quarter horse.

And Cat Dancer replied, "A quarter horse? What good is that? If I had a horse, I'd want the whole horse!"

--I may not be telling this well. Maybe Peg hosted one of the Leafwatchers get-togethers, and that's when this was.
    Last edited by agate; 09-22-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast