Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: September Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Smile September Chit/Chat

This time of the month makes one wonder how Farmer Joe is doing. I hope the boys and Thain and Nora are with him a lot this summer. I wonder if he has a garden. I expect so. It is probably ingrained in him. Maybe someone will do a little canning and freezing for him.

Not a lot going on around here. Just concerned about Sunshine and Jeanie and hoping that Dorian will decide to go on out to sea.

September is here and maybe by the end of the month cooler weather will come in, then sometime after that cold weather and we will complain about that.

Wishing our missing members would come back home. Hope we see some of them this month.

I am hoping for a good month for everyone.
    Last edited by Virginia; 09-01-2019 at 04:42 PM. Reason: To correct my 1:30A.M. spelling
    Virginia

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you for starting this thread, Virginia!

It's hard to believe August is over. Where did summer go? I loved having so many days with no rain and temperatures only around 80 this year.

My grandson and his parents were here this afternoon. This is the second time he has smiled as soon as he saw me. I do believe he recognized me and was glad to see me. It really made my day!

He was tearing around the place, playing with pots and pans and whatever else I could find. I keep some toys here for him too.

And today he took his first steps unassisted. Very exciting!

OK, Sam, so you're yawning there. I caught you yawning. We can't all report on our exciting adventures with mice.

I'm reminded of a news program I happened to look at shortly after moving to Seattle/Tacoma. Garfield the cat and his cartoonist were visiting Seattle and being interviewed on the program. It showed Garfield curling up with a yawn and saying, "So this is Seattle--great big hairy deal!"

Cats do seem to have a ho-hum reaction to quite a few things.

Happy Labor Day weekend to everyone here!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Looks like WPB will be okay. That means Mar a Lago will likely survive, meaning the feds might be less interested in sending aid to Florida...I heard that on the radio per a friend today.

First steps is exciting agate!

Thanks for starting this new chit chat to our illustrious Virginia, with the southern accent :), a bit of data we gathered this week from one of her posts :)

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Great to see the September thread. It is a wonderful reminder of Peg.

I was thinking of our sort of lost members. In the beginning it was such a primary source of information. Now, of course, there is information everywhere and great web sources that feed us MS news..so the function of the MS sites has changed from solely giving information about MS meds and research and latest news to ....something else. That may explain why so many are visiting but not part of the conversation. I wonder if this metamorphosis is happening with other support sites? I bet it is not just out site.......

Anyway, just mumbling.....yesterday was a great Market day. I sold lots of spectacular sunflowers. And lots of the sweetest and freshest haricot verts ever sold at anywhere! (No exaggeration)
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

Copied from August Chitchat
    :) Andy and Torre came. Andy put up all my shutters and put trash cans, etc. in the shed. Torre folded some clothes for me and changed my linens and rotated my mattress.

It is bright Sunshine and hardly any wind. I hope the thought it might turn and go up the coast would be good for me. I do not want to go anywhere but here. Andy was insistent that I may have to go to Jim's. I cannot get into either of their bathrooms, so that is not going to happen. I can stay here even if no power. That is preferable to having to take diapers, etc somewhere.

I will post tomorrow how it is going.Virginia and Howie I hope y'all don't wind up with Dorian. Jeanie :)

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Thanks for starting this month's chit chat thread with the kind thoughts of Peg and her family, Virginia. I hope her family is doing okay. The upcoming holidays will be difficult for them. She would be making and canning her chili sauce about now and feeding the hunting crew. I'm sure she is sorely missed there. Here too.

Agate - Enjoy that little guy, they grow up so fast. First steps, how exciting! Now he'll be into everything! I can just hear the pots and pans clanging and banging!

Laz - What are haricot verts? I wondered if that was a typo or if it is something I've never heard of, maybe related to an apricot?
    Long ago, when we lived in S. Calif., we had an apricot tree that produced the sweetest, juiciest, biggest fruit. I don't know what kind of apricot they were, but I sure wish I did. I made and canned lots of jam every year. Dried them too. The fruit did not keep or travel well because they were so juicy. I couldn't keep up with all that now, but I sure would love to taste an apricot like that again!
    I love sunflowers, I bet they were spectacular!!

Jeanie - Is it possible one of your sons could come and stay with you, at least during the worst of the storm? I don't like the idea of you being alone, especially while you're recovering from your injury. Just a thought from a professional worrier!
    In any case, prayers for all in the path of the hurricane.

Son and family were supposed to come for the weekend, but Everett and his Mom got sick, so they didn't come. I was so looking forward to time with my favorite boy and he was so excited to come too. My son called and said he's feeling much better today and is driving them crazy, constantly saying he wants to go to Nana and Grampa's. Hoping they can arrange to come sometime next month when our daughter and Tula come also. Tula planted some pumpkins in May again this year, so both the grandchildren can pick some pumpkins to take home for jack-o-lanterns and pumpkin pies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Haricots verts are French green beans - like those skinny ones you can buy at Trader Joe’s for steaming.

Virginia, that was a great start to September and a good remembrance of Peg. I hope you are feeling some better.

Nuthatch, the kids are scrumptious! I’m sure you are disappointed.

Agate, how fortunate to get to see first steps and some smiles of recognition from your grandson!

Peter and I had a lazy morning and then went shopping for cat food and clothes. We shopped the sales. While we were out we had another fish lunch at Legal Seafoods. I ordered Hoisin glazed salmon on Pad Thai and Peter ordered Roasted Cod with spinach and parsley potatoes. After we each tasted our meals we decided to switch plates. I liked his better. We also had roasted cauliflower again.

I’m tired tonight but I earned it.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Ann, both Sam and myself like seafood. Did you save any for us?
    Evolution spans the Universe.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I like seafood too.

Agate, glad you got to see first steps - how special.

Nuthatch, he is Mr. Suave and she is Miss Cutie Curls. So sorry Everett couldn't make it this week end.

1A.M. again. It will be 1:30AM when I get to bed. I must stop this. Been around Howie too long.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Sam, your daddy is a bad influence!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast