Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Thread: August chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

Glad to hear it Ann. Guess Peter had plenty of tomatoes and cucumbers picked when you got there. Hope you get plenty of rest.

Howie: I watched Forest Gump again tonight. I had seen it of course, but it had been a long time and I couldn't remember the ending. Thought I would tell you there is going to be a special day for Patrick Swayze tomorrow. They are going to have 2 movies Dirty Dancing and Ghost. I think it was you who said they had never seen Ghost when I told that it was my favorite movie. There will also be a special on about Patrick Swayze tomorrow night. I don't know if you can find it on your TV but thought I would give you a heads up in case you wanted to try.
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Hello forum members,

I know this posting is late, but I think it important enough to post.

This is a direct quote from Mike Weins, as this issue has been discussed between the moderators and Mike:

Here's a simple rule to go by, if the member doesn't post it, or doesn't ask one of us to post it, don't post it :)
    A member has the right to post whatever information they want to post in these forums as long as the Terms of Service are not violated.

This quote comes from the Terms of Service. If you signed on as a member of these forums, you are bound by these terms:

The real purpose of these forums is to extend knowledge and support to people who have concerns with neurological problems, in a warm, caring, kind, and sheltered environment. One where people feel safe to come and talk about their problems, and share.
    Abusive posts, attacks, "slamming," and obscenities (irrelevant of context or cultural attachments) have no place here.
    Members have the right to feel safe posting here. If anyone doesn't like what a member has posted, they should pm a moderator or Mike directly.

Last edited by Moderator #7; 08-18-2019 at 09:24 AM.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you so much for posting this, Moderator 7.

I do have one question--with reference to your last sentence, about sending PM to a moderator or Mike. Some people don't have PMs enabled, and I'm not sure why that is but there are those who don't.

Maybe they just don't want to be bothered with PMs, but maybe they're not aware that this is a feature that can be enabled or disabled?
    Last edited by agate; 08-18-2019 at 09:32 AM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Hello agate,

All moderators, Mike and David have pm's enabled. We can receive pm's from anyone in the forums.

Some people do not want to receive pm's. I believe all member's accounts are enabled to receive pm's from moderators.

If you want to check what your pm settings are or aren't aware you can enable pm's, click "Settings" in the upper right corner of any page you are. You'll be taken to your settings page. All settings are on the left side of the page. Under the "My Settings" heading, you'll see "My Account" and under that "General Settings". Click on "General Settings". You'll see "Private Messaging" close to the top of the page. Check the appropriate boxes, scroll down to the bottom right side of the page and click on "Save Changes".

Thank you for this question.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thank you, Moderator 7.

I was wondering if a member who had Private Messaging disabled would still be able to send a PM to a Moderator. It looks as if that is indeed possible.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

ANN ~

So glad you're home and getting some rest. It's been quite hectic for you. Continuing to send healing prayers for your mom. I hope that she'll be able to manage on her own soon. Does she have a home health nurse or an aide? I'm sure that you and Peter are enjoying all of your fresh produce. Nothing tastes better than something straight from the garden. I'm so happy for you that you've been successful!

Moderator #7

Thank you so much for posting this information and for your continuing voluntary dedication to BrainTalk.

To All, Who Haven't Posted for Awhile ~

I miss you, and I'm worried about you! Please check in when you are able!

Healing prayers for all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Thank you, Rose and Virginia. Mom has a home care nurse 3 times a week and a PT 2- 3 times a week. She also has my niece staying there until sometime tomorrow. My brother may go up from North Carolina, if needed.

Today was the celebration for Peter’s mom’s 94th birthday. Our moms we’re both born in the summer of 1925! They have lived through some difficult and amazing history. Women, especially, are living longer.

I am tired.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ann so wonderful that both you and Peter still have your Moms. I hope that will be true for a long time.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I'm sorry if I've been overlooking people here. My printer gave out several days ago and I've been busy trying to fix it. It's 17 years old now and maybe has just come to the end of the road.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I am not doing so well, at all.
    Continued pain in the urogenitary tract (sp) whether urinating or not. Trying all kinds of remedies.
    Thats the easy part.
    Awoke last week unable to stand at all on right leg, severe pain upon standing. Was in wc all the time, and transfer to toilet and shower needed help. That improved with visit to chiro, and I am babying it now as he is on vacay until next week.
    Unable to drive past days, but might be able to this week: will test drive in my very long driveway. Yesterday did ok in test drive. In meantime, friends are driving me.

Had to lean on peopleís kindness to shop for food this past week. Only able to cook very simple meals.

The Flomax for peeing, creates a lightheadedness and dizziness, so lying down a lot. Am going to call Urologist today for guidance. Also, will get a second opinion from a separate uro but that could take time...depending on how cavalier his office is today.

Have a call into the local VNA which sells home health care hours for help with tasks and driving. Called last Wednesday, still havenít had a call back. Will try AGAIN today. They have excellent rep, maybe on vacation this past week: Lots of people in area on their summer break in August.

DH has a cold, so he cannot help very much as I have an immune deficiency problem so I have to be very careful not to catch it ... so, I cannot let him help on many tasks: Itís just not worth the risk...he will be on day 3 today. He has a strong immune system and will be fine. Itís Mild as colds go. For him.

My housekeeper/friend is a godsend. She gets whatís going on and does what she can...I would be lost without her.

Itís hard to read anything. I mostly rest and stare. Itís about all I can muster up. With the SPS, music and TV sounds are spasm inducing. Muting TV can work, but I donít get bored, too uncomfortable and in pain.

I cannot pay attention to conversation. Even hard to read all the comings and goings on this board. I try though, and have the gist of it.

Phone calls are hard to pay attention to, but I try hard to maintain my friendships in that way and by text and by email.
    Friends offer to drive for me, But, at some point, I tired out their good wishes. I pay my DH friend last week to take me to chiro.

Unsure about this chiro. He seems nice enough, but unsure about his competence and businesss model. Closest competent one is 30 minutes away, and you got at least twice a week as needed, and its a hard thing to start fresh.

I cannot decide if the disease or the meds are worse...

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast