Page 1 of 29 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: August chitchat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile August chitchat

Some people here are already in August--so here's a Chitchat thread for it.

This place I'm in is getting ready for the painters who were scheduled to be here on Monday but they put it off till Thursday. Tomorrow they'll probably be starting in on the power washing. I'll be keeping all windows shut and blinds closed because they'll be putting plastic sheeting over the windows on the outside, then blasting the whole building with hoses. All very exciting in a way. Drama!

Every Thursday I wait for the my grocery order, and with luck that will happen tomorrow too. I hope that the ladders and trucks aren't taking up so much room in the parking lot that she can't park but I asked about it and understand that there will be space.

That's what's going on here. How about you?
    Last edited by agate; 08-01-2019 at 07:02 AM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

After working outside on the farm I could use a good hose down like that before I drag all the sand and dirt into the house!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

This morning I saw a large irregular creamsicle colored blob in my garden. I researched it and here’s what I found out and it is so fascinating. I think you’ll be fascinated, too, especially Howie:

https://dengarden.com/gardening/What...ng-in-My-Mulch

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

I almost forgot, Rabbit Rabbit!

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

There's a SpongeBob slime mold! That was really informative.

I think I'd be inclined to get rid of one of those blobs if it appeared but it sounds as if some people keep them around just because they're so fascinating.

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Agate, it said some people scramble them like eggs and eat it. Yuck!!! Slime Mold and Dog Vomit are both enough to turn me off. Yea, I think SpongeBob Howie will like this article. (when he gets up) Thanks for posting Ann, it is fascinating, however you can keep that stuff.

A little cooler here today like it is with Cherie. Nice you and David are getting away for a few days of R&R Cherie. So glad David is doing well and hope you feel better soon.

Agate, you have a lot going on around your place today and this week. Hope the painting is not too disturbing to you when it is started.
    Virginia

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agate, it said some people scramble them like eggs and eat it. Yuck!!! Slime Mold and Dog Vomit are both enough to turn me off. Yea, I think SpongeBob Howie will like this article. (when he gets up) Thanks for posting Ann, it is fascinating, however you can keep that stuff.

A little cooler here today like it is with Cherie. Nice you and David are getting away for a few days of R&R Cherie. So glad David is doing well and hope you feel better soon.

Agate, you have a lot going on around your place today and this week. Hope the painting is not too disturbing to you when it is started.
    It got postponed by another day. Maybe tomorrow.

It will be disturbing. There will be long stretches of time when I'll need to have all windows and the door not just shut tight but with the blinds drawn because workers will be right outside. They often have their radios going full blast too, and I'll be hearing music I don't particularly want to hear all day. And they leave their soda cans strewn all over the yard but they're just a minor nuisance as I thread my way daily across the yard to get to my plants to water them.

In this dry season they need water daily.

When they park their cherrypicker right outside my window, I'll have to go around it to get to the plants but that's just a few mores steps to add to my pedometer score.

I'll stop complaining soon and just be glad that the management people care enough to keep this building looking nice. Van drivers sometimes comment on how nice this building looks, and it is well maintained. I appreciate that after so many years in a building that was maintained only very minimally.

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

John found something once near our ponds. It was a foot long and five inches wide and 4 inches tall. It had ruffles like crepe paper and bright orange sherbet. It was not a mushroom. He kept it for 10 years by keeping it moist....he kept it outside on the farm...it did not grow but it did not change form. There are amazing things in this world!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Interesting, Linda. It is a life form and acts as a collective. Ten years!

ANN

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting, Linda. It is a life form and acts as a collective. Ten years!

ANN
    Well, this memory woke him up! He can not stop looking it up and finds pictures that reflect his strong memory of it. Thanks. You gave my curious child something to occupy him!
    Linda~~~~

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 29 12345611 ... LastLast