Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: August chitchat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm like that too, Virginia--I can't concentrate on reading if I'm upset. This recent news is very upsetting.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

I join you all in sadness. I am ultra sensitive as I am in profound grief for Jonathan. As with every mass shooting, I have been weeping for the victims and their loved ones.

In 1989, a dear friend, who was one of Michael's classroom aides, as well as the mom of a daughter with disabilities, was murdered point blank at a nightclub by her ex-boyfriend. She was with several other aides/teachers for a girls' night out. I had been invited to join them, but I didn't have respite care for my boys. He had been stalking her for days. She had a restraining order on him, but a piece of paper doesn't stop a bullet.

Thoughts and prayers don't stop bullets either. If they did, none of this would keep happening.

Jim said today, "It feels like we're living in a war zone. Nowhere is safe anymore." Schools, churches, mosques, theaters, hair salons, stores, malls, garlic festivals, concerts, a center for people with developmental disabilities (San Bernardino), the streets. This is our "normal" now.

How can we not be sad and fearful?

Our hearts are heavy, and we grieve with and for the people of El Paso, Dayton, and Gilroy.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

How tragic about your friend, Rose. She sounds like someone who would have been greatly missed. Not fair, not fair.

And the people in charge--government officials, politicians--are very skillful at expressing condolences and even flying flags at half-staff. Maybe there will even be a National Day of Mourning, or a period of silence? There will be tributes and floral memorials and music in honor of those who died so senselessly.

All of these lovely heartfelt gestures aren't going to bring them back though.

In a sane world, this kind of thing wouldn't happen. This isn't a sane world we're in.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

There is so much hate right now. And I see it spilling over in to people who usually were not hateful. ...

So, as I said before, I had a most excellent surf adventure Saturday. Came home, still on ativan, so I was walking without a problem and zero pain. Like before SPS came to live in me. So, I was breezing around, organizing paper, putting things in the trash, that I stared at day after day, wanting to take care of but not having he physical wherewithal. I knew, like Cinderella, the magic would all disappear at the end of the day.

That night, the night before last night , at 3am I woke up with a horrid spasm that wouldn’t stop and was spreading. So, DH did rectal Valium which works in about 10 minutes. ...went back to sleep, awoke at 5 am with another horrible spasm

This time, I tried the liquid ativan that you put under your tongue. How pleased I was that it worked within a few short minutes. Now I know how well it can work.

That stopped the spasm with no further reoccurrence. Yesterday and today, I rest most of the day, legs feel badly, but not spasming. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Next time, I will surf about an hour, not two hours, and not flit around the house afterwards. As if that might have been too much...who knows?...

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Where is Cat?
    Did I miss something?
    Haven’t seen her for about 10 days...

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

She's showing up as logged in among the "users online" at the bottom of the page. She did say not so long ago that she was keeping up with the board even if she wasn't posting.

There are also over 240 miscellaneous other people viewing this board just now. This place has its fans.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I’m flying back to PA this evening. Peter will follow on Friday thru Monday if we get the cat/garden sitter.

Susan plans to leave Weds or Thursday.

It will be good to see Mom.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She's showing up as logged in among the "users online" at the bottom of the page. She did say not so long ago that she was keeping up with the board even if she wasn't posting.

There are also over 240 miscellaneous other people viewing this board just now. This place has its fans.
    I never log out so probably show up as logged in and viewing but not posting very often even when that is not the case. Just saying....

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

But 10 days is a long time...

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine I agree 10 days is a little too long.

Ann hope you have a good and safe trip.
    Let us know how you find your Mom.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast