Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: July chit-chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry but I have no information for SuzE-Q. If anyone does know of a way of contacting her, I hope you will try to reach her to let her know that she's missed.

Last edited by agate; 07-21-2019 at 06:16 PM.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I wish we had some info on Suze-Q. It is not like her to stay away this long. Computer problems maybe?? I don't know, but hope she can check in soon.

Yesterday was not cool like I thought. It was 95 degrees. I just didn't go out and because it was cloudy I thought it was cooler. Today was 98, but I did go out. I had to meet family and I couldn't cancel because one brother was bringing me fresh tomatoes again. I wanted to eat tomato sandwiches tomorrow and the next day for dinner. So while I was out I went to the grocery store. Now I don't have to go out again until Friday and wouldn't you know it, it is going to be cooler temps until about Friday, then another warm up.

Cherie, so sorry you are feeling so bad. I expect it is not just the heat, but also being on an antibiotic and new medication. Hope things look up soon.

Jeanie, hope someone gets your printer back in operating mode quickly. I know how it is to want to send something off and not be able to do it.

Rose, those of us in the South will still be feeling the heat (that is me and Howie) in August and September. We have hopes of a cool October, but I have seen early October be kind of hot, but not like now. Did you really say 110 degrees?? Although our heat index today was 105, so maybe not as much difference as it sounds like.

Agate, are you still having nice weather in Oregon?

Nuthatch, hope you get rid of the ants soon. It drives me crazy to have ants. I go to the hardware store and look for something to get rid of them. A lot of time they are looking for water if it is dry.

Howie, so glad your Sister helped you with your car problem. She does come through when really needed.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We arrived safely at Mom’s after an unexplained flight delay. It’s was just as hot here in Western PA as at home but weather just broke w a thunderstorm. :-). Tomorrow will be in the mid 70’s. Ahhhh.

Mom looks great. She chose not to renew her license so I need to teach her Uber and Instacart this week. She says she doesn’t need them yet but has no plan to get food or get to doctors.

Does anyone have SuzEQ info? Worried.

ANN
    The best MS advice I ever got when I was new at all this was from a fellow MSer who told me: “ Get it before you need it”
    I met her at my first support group and we were each other’s support for many years and that advice has helped me handle and fight back against progression. She died a few years ago and I miss her. That no nonsense, just get on with it approach is a useful model.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Linda, that is so true!
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Cherie could you get a silver generator and add silver water to your regimen. That is how I avoided a UTI when I had the catheter for four months. Luckily it is an antibiotic that has not been over used.

Printer still down. It spit out several sheets of blank pap[er and it was making printing sounds just no ink. I cannot get it to let me change the cartridge. If there is a trick to it I do not remember what it is. Jim begins the new job today. He did take the position of running the man's company who wants to retire. He will be in AC now instead of out in the field.

After 3 calls to the medical comp[any treating me I found I have to have an evaluator come out again before I can have PT resume. I am so sick of dealing with them.

I made gaspacho in the Bullet. I also made a banana/mango/coconut slushie. It is fun. Jeanie :)

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

So sorry you are having problems with PT, Jeanie. You need a Case Manager or someone like Cherie.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Andy managed to get the ink cartridge in my printer but still it won't print. One light keeps flashing red. I will have to find the book and see if I can fix it.

I am sending the letter to Jim via email and asking him to make me a print of it and a print of my x-ray on letterhead paper. Jim started the new job today so it will be awhile before he can come down and do my printer.

No call from PT people yet. They try the patience of a saint. Jeanie :)

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeanie, I'm lost without an instruction book. I particularly like the manuals that have a section called Troubleshooting, and you can go down through a list of possible problems.

My printer manual has that section. It's several pages long but it's been very helpful.

Printers can be so fussy. Many times the problem has been something really dumb, like not having exactly the right amount of paper loaded into it.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Jeanie, you might go on google and ask to troubleshoot your printer listing it by name and model number or something like that. If PT people try the patience of a saint just do what everyone seems to be doing and channel your inter Rose. Or how about your inter Agate? She is good at perseverance and getting things done.

Linda, I agree with that advice of "get it before you need it". My problem is I never know until about the time I need something that I do need it. The one thing I did was I got a shower seat before I just had to have it, and I have always said that was the best thing I did. Too bad it wore out and the one I just bought might kill me before I get the energy to go get one that I really like. The good one, I went to a medical supply store and bought it and carried it out to my car. That store has closed and I think I would have a problem getting into and out of the ones I have looked up.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jeanie ~

I feel every ounce of your frustration over your PT situation and your printer aggravation. It seems like things go wrong all at once sometimes. You shouldn't have to be making all of these calls and sending these documents. People aren't doing their jobs here, and you are being put through the mill because of it. Just utter incompetence, which is stressing you.

I'm praying for you! This needs to be resolved, and it's important to your complete healing that you don't have this stress. I'd emphasize that to the people in charge of this fiasco. Remind them of what you've been through. Maybe that will get them off of their chairs and working to help you.

Of all of our various technological equipment, the printer has always been the most annoying. I feel your pain there.

SuzE-Q ~

We miss you! We are very concerned about you, so please check in with us soon.

Praying that cooler weather is on the way for all of you affected by the heat wave. As always, sending healing prayers for everyone.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast