Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: July chit-chat

Distinguished Community Member

Hot, hot, hot! And muggy. Just dreadful. 98 and humid. This is the second of three days. New Englanders are not used to this. I’ll take a snow storm any day (tomorrow, please).

Peter and I got up early and took his mom shopping and to CVS. Then I came home to pack and stay cool. We have one AC in “the kitten room” and one in the open kitchen. It is not enough. :( I am struggling to pack for a trip to Mom’s tomorrow and do last minute things.

It’s still 82 but I have to water a few things outside.

Cherie, I wish you were feeling better. Jeanie, I’m glad you are feeling better and I hope you get PT next week.

Sunshine, enjoy your sister. I hope you get a boost from the IVIG.

Hello to everyone else. Ice is your friend.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So uncomfortably hot today. 98 mid afternoon. We have a couple of window A/Cs. The one in my office is nearly 40 years old and was "reconditioned " when we bought it in 1979. The one in our bedroom was being thrown away by a client when they moved 10 years ago and the one we put in the living room this year for the first time was another throw away by a client of his. We bought one A/C from Sears 7 years ago and it was dead by the next season a week after the warranty ran out but these oldies are holding up pretty well.

I literally feel like I am living in a bubble and a haze. No energy and low cognitive function. I feel like I am so out of it it is not funny. David says no one would notice that does not know me but that is small comfort. I think I am not tolerating the new med for blood sugar. I itch everywhere and blood sugars are going up. It is a "sulfonylurea" to be used with caution in those allergic to sulfa drugs (me). I will take Sunday's dose then call in Monday morning for direction.
    Sorry you are having such a hard time. Maybe we all need one of those back and forth lawn sprinklers. I could use my manual wheelchair and play in the water trying to dodge it? Ok, not such a great idea but for a moment I was remembering childhood.
    Hope things get better.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I just typed a letter to the insurance company about the money I paid. Asking for a refund of the difference. I went to print it to go with the receipts and my printer won't print. The cartridge needs changing. I tried but it is too high for me to stand long enough to do it. I hope Andy can figure it out.

I am doing the walker exercises on my own except for the walking ones. Today the feel like temp is 108. I am staying in AC and going to read the Sunday paper. Take care and keep cool everyone. Jeanie :)

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Jeanie, I admire you for putting that printing job off so cheerfully. I often dread going near my printer just because it so often has a problem--usually it won't print because it seems to like just exactly the right amount of paper in it, no more and no less, and I haven't yet figured out what amount of paper keeps it happy.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I've had two printers, and neither one lasted long.

I'm headed out to take my car in to the shop. I'll park it in their lot, and they can get to it early tomorrow. I'm following my sister who will bring me back home. Bad thing is it's 95 degrees right now. Wish me luck!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Going out in that much weather is a major expedition. Happy landings!

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I'm back, and all done for the day. I'll eat in a little bit. Sam is waiting on me to eat so she can have some ground beef scraps. Cats!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Sprinklers, water balloon fights, slip-and-slides ...... summer fun! Oh, to be a kid again when hot weather meant fun, not agony!
    Last edited by nuthatch; 07-21-2019 at 03:38 PM.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

I wish that I could send all of you our weather right now. The sea breezes are lovely, the temps are in the low 80s, and the sky is crystal clear blue. We are relishing it, because history tells us that our temperatures will rise in August, September and October. You will all be enjoying cool, crisp Fall weather then, and we'll wish you could send it our way.

Please take super good care of yourselves.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

We arrived safely at Mom’s after an unexplained flight delay. It’s was just as hot here in Western PA as at home but weather just broke w a thunderstorm. :-). Tomorrow will be in the mid 70’s. Ahhhh.

Mom looks great. She chose not to renew her license so I need to teach her Uber and Instacart this week. She says she doesn’t need them yet but has no plan to get food or get to doctors.

Does anyone have SuzEQ info? Worried.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast