Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving: July 2019

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Default Keep on Moving: July 2019

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important— it doesnt have to be “exercise”! Even Science proves that...

Oh I miss Peg starting the Chit Chat every month thread: It was always the spur that got me started on the Moving thread; and reminded me to say “Rabbit” before talking on the first of every month, an old superstition, which ensured good luck all month.... Dang it. Missed it this month

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Peter and I say, “Rabbit, Rabbit” on the first of each month. Who ever says it first gets the good luck. Early this morning Peter said it first though it’s usually me. We share the good luck.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Today I swam a half mile in 25 minutes. Then, Drove and picked up produce after a chiro appt. Rested at home, cooked dinner, will rest again and then get ready for tomorrows quarterly neuro appointment. Lately, cooking dinner takes a lot out of me. The recipes are well used, but it is just so taxing...

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, what a big day you had.

I didn't know you were supposed to say rabbit on the first day of the month before talking. It was mid afternoon before I read that on my iPhone, but I had not spoken yet so I said it.

Okay, when I read your first of the month post in the mid afternoon, I was ashamed to say that I had done nothing more than sit and read. I forced myself to get up from the chair and do 15 knee bends and 15 sits to stands, then I changed the air filters (big deal), dusted the upstairs (another big deal, took about 10 minutes), then I put beef and onions on to cook, peeled and cut up potatoes and carrots for the stew. So you got me off my rear. Give yourself a pat on the back.
    Virginia

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, this thread is an inspiration to me too.

Did I mention my carpet sweeper? I just got it because I knew I wasn't getting around to vacuuming often enough, and I was getting hoarse and coughing too much. I figured there was just too much dust accumulating, and sure enough. Since I started using the carpet sweeper regularly a couple of weeks ago, I've noticed a distinct improvement in my respiratory problems.

I'm amazed at how much dust that thing picks up, and I've been using it daily or every other day. It has the added benefit of getting me up and moving. And it's such a simple thing to maintain.

I like simple things. No batteries. No flashing lights. No buttons to press. I've usually had a carpet sweeper in my life but in recent years I was so intent on saving space that I no longer had one. That was a mistake.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Today, I worked. I washed 3 loads of linens and clothes and dried them. I dusted all over downstairs, and I cleaned two glass tables. I folded linens, and I just finished making my bed for later tonight. I cleaned the toilet in the master bath. I got all recycling ready for Laura to take out and also one bag of trash. I put newspaper down for her step on when she came back in the door. I got everything ready for her, but she did not come. She did call and she says she will come tomorrow. I hope so because I have 3 to 4 loads to go in recycling and right now one of trash and the floors to mop. I did a little cleaning on my desk that just never seems to look neat anymore. I think there were a couple of other things, but I can't remember what they were.

I have a loveseat in my office where this computer is and I leave my ironing on the back of it, so I will not forget to do it. Two blouses that needed starching and ironing have been staring at me from that loveseat for at least two weeks. After washing today it is now 3.

I hope Laura does come tomorrow. Right now I am tired.
    Virginia

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

That is a lot of work and exercise, Virginia! Bravo!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Totally awesome Virginia!

Yesterday i didn’t swim cuz I had an early appointment with neuro that went fine. Today I swam 746 yards in 21 minutes before going to a 9 am appointment with PCP. Dxd Sinus infection.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can anything be done for your sinus infection, Sunshine? I hope so!

My average step count for June: 1,316 steps/day, about 28 more steps a day on average compared to May. The June figures are based on 25 days. The pedometer wasn't always cooperating.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Good for you Sunshine, but does swimming have an affect on your sinuses?

Agate, again these numbers are outstanding. You are definitely getting stronger.

Today, I vacuumed the downstairs.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast