Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ongoing Saga of New Shower Stool (Chapter 2)

Distinguished Community Member

I guess it is a Drive. It is a DMI which I assume is the same.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Virginia)))))) ~

What a scary and precarious experience!

I'm not sure whether DMI is Drive. All of the Drive equipment we've had have the Drive logo. Here's Drive's offering on stool, chairs and benches:

https://www.drivemedical.com/us/en/P...nchesandStools

It would be very helpful, if you could have a consult with an Occupational Therapist, who could recommend safety features to add to your bathroom, and ways to prevent conditioners and liquids from spilling onto the shower floor.

You could have been severely injured, and if the stool is defective, then the manufacturer or Bed Bath and Beyond should refund your money.

I hope you find the right stool or chair for your shower.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, I looked at Bed Bath and Beyond's shower chairs, and it looks as if DMI and Drive are two different companies as Rose thought.

I found at least one Drive type of shower chair where there have been a number of complaints about the kind of problem you had.

It makes me wonder about how safe shower chairs are in general. It looks as if you need to be very very careful in what you choose.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, yes you are right in that I need to be careful and especially if I am the one putting it together. That is why I think I will try to find a local Medical Supply and then see if my sister-in-law can pick it up for me. She thinks there is one close to where they live. I can use my old one until then. The rust didn't come up off the floor anyway with that oxy clean.

Rose, thanks for the link. There are two solid places to sit all my bathing and shampooing stuff on with a little bar in between. However, as I was grabbing for the bar I was also knocking everything else down. So I think the layout of the shower is alright. It was just the circumstances, which I hope will never happen again. Too nerve racking.
    Virginia

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12