connecting old VCR to modern TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connecting old VCR to modern TV?

This might sound really nuts so bare with me here. I had one of those DVD/VCR combos for years but the VCR half broke recently(see previous thread Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...) and my attempts to buy a new combo player have been less than fruitful because the ones I found cost a LOT, so I was trying to connect my old Magnavox VCR I just found (from like 1998 or so) to a Samsung flat screen TV from like 2012 or 2013. Yes I know I should have transferred everything to DVD by now but I have so many VHS transferring them is too expensive, and I just adore VHS compared to DVD, so I would like to use my old player instead. The TV has that tri-colored red-yellow-white socket thing on the back but when I look at the VCR it has 4 sockets that don't seem to be colored. Any idea how to connect the VCR to the TV?

I tried google already and the usual people I ask these questions are not open because of the passover holiday. Help? Any response may point me in the right direction? Thanks!
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 04-25-2019, 02:58 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Techno genius that I am, I found this on YouTube. Perhaps the answer is there?

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Good Luck!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

there should be 2 yellows and 2 whites --the red cord wont be used except on a dvd-use flashlight -it has to be white and yellow

i have a combo tv\ VCR and i can record the over the air tv but i cant on the flat tv except i think when i had the comcast cable

Comment

Originally posted by clouds z View Post
        there should be 2 yellows and 2 whites --the red cord wont be used except on a dvd-use flashlight -it has to be white and yellow

i have a combo tv\ VCR and i can record the over the air tv but i cant on the flat tv except i think when i had the comcast cable
        Thank you so much! It worked!
        Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
        My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Working...
        X