Thread: Jim Has A Fever. ER Bound

Threaded View

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

funnylegs4~

Actually, I was injured in the accident and spent a week in the hospital. That's what happens without a seat belt (Rambler didn't have them). No, the psoriasis wasn't linked to the anemia. It was linked to a tremendous amount of stress and overdoing with college and working.

Jim is actually cold all of the time due to the low WBC. And the weather here has been mild and spectacular. He was just having an off day.

After sleeping well last night, Jim enjoyed his regular breakfast this morning. Then, he went back to sleep. And then ...

EARTHQUAKE!

At 10:33, a 6.4 quake hit in Ridgecrest, about 155 miles from us. It was felt in Nevada all the way down to Mexico. We felt it strongly. It was a rolling quake, which made our house rock back and forth. It lasted about 20 seconds and scared me, as I remembered our quake 4 years ago. I was afraid it was on our fault line, and there would be more to come. Thankfully, we haven't felt the over 40 aftershocks.

Jim fell back to sleep immediately after the quake! Meanwhile, I found the local news on line and watched it for updates and news conferences.

AND THEN ... HAWKS!

A Mom, Dad, and Offspring Hawk family has moved in! While Jim was sleeping, they appeared on our fence, with Dad standing watch on the roof of Jim's workshop. They took turns bathing in Michael's pond. And they "chatted" in their distinct high pitched squeal. They are extremely conversational!

I grabbed the camera and tried to get photos through our windows and screens.

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 4.16.34 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 4.18.30 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 4.19.30 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 4.20.40 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 4.22.07 PM.jpg

They are on the greenbelt behind our home now, flying from tree to tree, squealing, and flying into and over our yard.

Tomorrow morning, I will clean the pond and add water to it. I hope that the waterfall will continue to flow.

I suggested to Jim that we should name them.

OUR EVENING PLANS

I made potato salad, Jim's favorite, and I always give him a taste to make sure it's right. Two thumbs up today! He'll either have a Beyond Burger or a veggie dog, and I'll open a can of Amy's baked beans. (I gave up baking beans from scratch eons ago.)

John and I were texting, when the earthquake occurred. It was so funny to me, because he texted, "Did you feel that?" We live about 1.5 miles from each other!

John is entertaining his whole family today with a BBQ. He said he was making Morningstar veggie burgers for his brother in law, and would grill a couple for us and bring them over. God Bless John! I thanked him, but I explained that Jim probably shouldn't eat food made by others, because of his low WBC.

Also, it may be a veggie burger, but it's being grilled with beef burgers. I don't think that our systems could deal with any beef residue. I didn't tell him this, nor that we don't like Morningstar products. I don't want to hurt his feelings. He's trying so hard to include us and take care of us, and we love him so dearly.

BERRIES BUST

Unfortunately, soaking the berries in vinegar rendered them inedible for Jim. The strawberries are tasteless, hard, crunchy, and he says "leathery." To me they were just crunchy and tasteless.

The blueberries Jim called "sour," and I call them "tart." I did taste them prior to the wash, and they were sweet.

So, is 10 minutes too long to soak them? Where did I go wrong?

I hope that you've all enjoyed a pleasant Fourth of July, with much less excitement geologically than we have.

I've been listening to illegal fireworks (firecrackers, homemade bombs) all day, and it is less than patriotic to me. I feel like I'm in a war zone. My nerves are already pretty ragged from the quake, so this is not helping, and it will go on until tomorrow morning.

This is a day, when I'm glad that we don't have a dog. Our Bonnie Lass was a wreck on the 4th.

Thank you all so much for your love and prayers, constant support, and friendship. We love you and pray for you and your loved ones every day.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Hi Rose,

Thanks! College stress isn’t good for anybody. So sorry that happened.

When I heard the news about the earthquake I immediately thought of you and Jim! So glad you are both okay! I saw on the news that there were more aftershocks so I hope and pray you do not have to deal with those!

The Hawks are AMAZING!!! Such gorgeous animals! A gift from Jon and Michael I bet. Do keep us updated on the Hawk family!

Any reason why you don’t like Morningstar? So sorry about the berries. :( And the fireworks :( My area was a firework fest along with vaping for some reason. :(
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"