Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Jim Has A Fever. ER Bound

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Lab Results And More, Of Course

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

callyflower ~

Thank you for the directions for the vinegar wash. I did look up vinegar wash, and most sites mentioned rinsing the fruit, after they come out of the vinegar wash. Do you rinse with cold water?

Iím ordering from Instacart tomorrow, so I will order white vinegar, along with strawberries and blueberries. Jim will be so pleased.

Your garden sure does produce a bounty! Thatís great! Iím sure itís all delicious too. Your garden photo looks like your plants are healthy. Canít say the same for the critter, whose skull is sitting there though! Is that to scare off pests? Does it work?

Sending prayers for you and your family ~

Donna ~

No, Iím not magical, but Jonathan and Michael are! I absolutely believe that they are helping us.

After my mom passed, I talked to her frequently asking for help. I remember being in a hurry and unable to find something. I had searched everywhere twice. I asked for her help, because she was so good at finding things, when I was a kid. Immediately, I went right to it. Another time, my necklace was tangled, and I was frustrated and all thumbs. Also in a hurry. I said, ďOh, Mom! Can you help me?Ē I lifted the necklace out of my palm, and it was untangled.

So, yes, I know Jonathan and Michael are helping us.

I hope that everyone is promoting your book! That must be so time consuming for you, but itís worth it to spread the word and help others. Much success to you and Zachary.

Congratulations on your Subaru Outback! Yes, I definitely can picture us together in your car laughing at ourselves trying to understand new car technology. I hope it becomes more familiar and less stressful for you.

Johnís new car has all of those ďdadgum, confounded, newfangled" features too. I told him I would be distracted by all of the visual stuff. He said, ďYouíd get used to it.Ē I thought, ďUm, no probably not, and for sure Jim wouldnít be able to deal with it.Ē

Why, back in the covered wagon days, son Ö I drove an apple green 1959 Rambler with no seat belts and no radio. The radio wasnít a problem, but the lack of seat belts was, when I had a head on collision with a telephone pole, after passing out from anemia.

I just want a basic car. I donít want a screen with the road in front or beside or in back of me. Itís distracting!

I love that Nick chose healthy food, and that he has an appetite now after gallbladder surgery. Like you, I wonder how long it had been brewing. Gallbladders can be problematic without overt symptoms, and then it hits like a brick.

Praying that no tornadoes come near you. I lived through a few tornadoes, and they are very scary. May you and Jim be safe.

Tamie ~

Congratulations to your granddaughter on her high school graduation. Iím so glad you were there with your family to celebrate this milestone.

And I am so very sorry that Tyler is suffering with prostatitis. I remember Jonathanís urologists at the hospital stating that his enlarged prostate was likely caused by repeated indwelling catheterization, when hospitalized. Itís a risk, but what can we do, when our boys canít pee on their own?

Is there anything Tyler can take to mitigate his pain? I know that all of the pain meds are scary, and with Tylerís seizures and autonomic dysreflexia, some could cause him other problems.

Speaking of resilience and inspiration, thatís you too! Our prayers are with you, Tyler, Jerry and your family always.

JIMíS TEST RESULTS

Overall, Jim remains stable.

Potassium and Sodium are normal. RBC remain about the same, but still low, same with Hematocrit and Hemoglobin. WBC is 1.1, down from 1.5 two weeks ago.

Liver function is improved, down from 43 to 36. Platelets are up to 43.

Glucose is high, and weíre on a campaign to reduce his sugar intake, which has been excessive recently. Because Jim is able to walk and do things now, heís drinking more tea and uses 1 1/2 tsp of sugar per cup. Plus bread and jam. Plus a cookie here or there. Or two cookies.

I know Prednisone increases glucose, but Jim is not helping himself with all of this sugar. I had to point out to him how much sugar heís used in the past week, based on the empty large box of raw sugar. And the amount of cookies he had consumed in a brief period. I buy these things. I know how long theyíve been in our cupboard.

But, Iíve told him that Iím not buying any more cookies or muffins. I will make my sugar free banana muffins, sweetened only by ripe banana. I will make Simple Mills chocolate chip cookies, which are very small, and quite satisfying as they are bundles of chocolate chips.

Jim knows that I have to make those, although itís simple, with just coconut milk, vanilla, and melted butter, the stirring takes a bit of time, as does the cleanup. so, he is more conscientious in his consumption of them.

Jim is in agreement with me about cutting back on his sugar intake. Regardless of cancer or the risk of diabetes, everyone feels better, when they reduce their sugar intake.

BREATHING

Jimís been dealing with tightness in his chest and lower SATS for the past few days. His heart rate is elevated to the 80s, where normal for him is 65 to 75. SATS have hovered in the 90s, and they dropped to 88-89 this morning.

So I hooked him up to O2 at 1.5 liters for an hour. Then he had his next breathing treatment.

I have to keep track of his breathing treatments now, because he is giving them to himself and not remembering what time he did it. Fortunately, I was awake at 5:30 a.m. and heard him, checked on him, and I remember. At 8:30, he was ready to have another treatment, but I stopped him, because it had only been 3 hours, and the limit is 4 hours. He forgot what time heíd taken it.

I also percussed his lungs with this handy tool the hospital Respiratory Therapist made with a padded face mask. It works great.

Heís been off of O2 and holding SATS in the mid 90s all day.

Jimís breathing issues could be related to so many things ~ the tumor, emphysema, COPD, and this giant gut pushing fluid up into his lungs.

He weighed himself, and at 157, heís at the same weight he was last week. He has no pain, so we just give abundant thanks as we move forward each day.

Thank you all so very much for walking beside us, lifting us up with your love and prayers, and surrounding us with your positive healing energy. We love you and pray for you and your loved ones.

God Bless You!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

The skull is Sheepie's. My parents' neighbor had two barbado sheep that would not stay home, and kept escaping to live with my parents' cows. Eventually the neighbor quit trying to keep them home, and they became part of the herd. If there was a storm or a coyote around, the cows would surround the sheep, almost as if they were calves.

Sheepie and the other sheep lived a LONG life. One day my mom discovered that Sheepie had passed, and she left the body exposed in the pasture. After the vultures had cleaned up and the sun bleached the bones, Mom showed up one day with the skull. I just put it on the deck and have never moved it. It's kind of a weird conversation piece.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((callyflower)))))) ~

Awww ... what a sweet story about Sheepie. The cows protecting the sheep from coyotes is just amazing. That's nature. Amazing. I think Sheepie's skull is a great conversation piece! There is a lesson for all of us in Sheepie's and his pal's legacy. How about, "Sometimes, the grass is greener on the other side"?

Our Instacart shopper today was in a hurry, and he didn't find the best produce for us. The strawberries are a little dated, but most of them are still fresh. I washed them in 1 T white vinegar with 1 qt water, soaked for about 15 minutes, rinsed with cold water, each strawberry individually, then dried on a paper towel covered cookie sheet, which I lightly folded over the top of the berries. I lined the original container with paper towel, placed the berries carefully, covered with another paper towel and the rest of the berries. In the fridge now.

I'll do the blueberries later.

Jim slept better last night, but his SATS were 88-89 again, even after a breathing treatment. Onto 1.5 liters of O2 again for about an hour, and SATS rose to 97. When he decided to try again without O2, his SATS were 90-91.

He's been trying to nap all day, but Lasix interferes with that possibility.

His appetite has been off too. We didn't have enough coconut milk for his cereal this morning, so he had two small slices of toast with marmalade. For lunch, he still wasn't hungry and couldn't decide what he wanted. He ate a bowl of tomato soup and 3 samosas. I rattled off a long list of "Today's Specials," and that's what he chose. Dinner tonight will include last night's red potato salad (he's a big fan) and whatever else strikes his fancy.

As always, we take each day, actually each moment, as it comes and do our best to be strong and loving and to remember that everything happens for a reason. Every day, which Jim and I are being given, is a pure blessing. And we know this is true.

Thank you, callyflower, and all of our friends here for your continuing love and support. You and your loved ones are in our prayers.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

callyflower ~

Thank you for the directions for the vinegar wash. I did look up vinegar wash, and most sites mentioned rinsing the fruit, after they come out of the vinegar wash. Do you rinse with cold water?

I’m ordering from Instacart tomorrow, so I will order white vinegar, along with strawberries and blueberries. Jim will be so pleased.

Your garden sure does produce a bounty! That’s great! I’m sure it’s all delicious too. Your garden photo looks like your plants are healthy. Can’t say the same for the critter, whose skull is sitting there though! Is that to scare off pests? Does it work?

Sending prayers for you and your family ~

Donna ~

No, I’m not magical, but Jonathan and Michael are! I absolutely believe that they are helping us.

After my mom passed, I talked to her frequently asking for help. I remember being in a hurry and unable to find something. I had searched everywhere twice. I asked for her help, because she was so good at finding things, when I was a kid. Immediately, I went right to it. Another time, my necklace was tangled, and I was frustrated and all thumbs. Also in a hurry. I said, “Oh, Mom! Can you help me?” I lifted the necklace out of my palm, and it was untangled.

So, yes, I know Jonathan and Michael are helping us.

I hope that everyone is promoting your book! That must be so time consuming for you, but it’s worth it to spread the word and help others. Much success to you and Zachary.

Congratulations on your Subaru Outback! Yes, I definitely can picture us together in your car laughing at ourselves trying to understand new car technology. I hope it becomes more familiar and less stressful for you.

John’s new car has all of those “dadgum, confounded, newfangled" features too. I told him I would be distracted by all of the visual stuff. He said, “You’d get used to it.” I thought, “Um, no probably not, and for sure Jim wouldn’t be able to deal with it.”

Why, back in the covered wagon days, son … I drove an apple green 1959 Rambler with no seat belts and no radio. The radio wasn’t a problem, but the lack of seat belts was, when I had a head on collision with a telephone pole, after passing out from anemia.

I just want a basic car. I don’t want a screen with the road in front or beside or in back of me. It’s distracting!

I love that Nick chose healthy food, and that he has an appetite now after gallbladder surgery. Like you, I wonder how long it had been brewing. Gallbladders can be problematic without overt symptoms, and then it hits like a brick.

Praying that no tornadoes come near you. I lived through a few tornadoes, and they are very scary. May you and Jim be safe.

Tamie ~

Congratulations to your granddaughter on her high school graduation. I’m so glad you were there with your family to celebrate this milestone.

And I am so very sorry that Tyler is suffering with prostatitis. I remember Jonathan’s urologists at the hospital stating that his enlarged prostate was likely caused by repeated indwelling catheterization, when hospitalized. It’s a risk, but what can we do, when our boys can’t pee on their own?

Is there anything Tyler can take to mitigate his pain? I know that all of the pain meds are scary, and with Tyler’s seizures and autonomic dysreflexia, some could cause him other problems.

Speaking of resilience and inspiration, that’s you too! Our prayers are with you, Tyler, Jerry and your family always.

JIM’S TEST RESULTS

Overall, Jim remains stable.

Potassium and Sodium are normal. RBC remain about the same, but still low, same with Hematocrit and Hemoglobin. WBC is 1.1, down from 1.5 two weeks ago.

Liver function is improved, down from 43 to 36. Platelets are up to 43.

Glucose is high, and we’re on a campaign to reduce his sugar intake, which has been excessive recently. Because Jim is able to walk and do things now, he’s drinking more tea and uses 1 1/2 tsp of sugar per cup. Plus bread and jam. Plus a cookie here or there. Or two cookies.

I know Prednisone increases glucose, but Jim is not helping himself with all of this sugar. I had to point out to him how much sugar he’s used in the past week, based on the empty large box of raw sugar. And the amount of cookies he had consumed in a brief period. I buy these things. I know how long they’ve been in our cupboard.

But, I’ve told him that I’m not buying any more cookies or muffins. I will make my sugar free banana muffins, sweetened only by ripe banana. I will make Simple Mills chocolate chip cookies, which are very small, and quite satisfying as they are bundles of chocolate chips.

Jim knows that I have to make those, although it’s simple, with just coconut milk, vanilla, and melted butter, the stirring takes a bit of time, as does the cleanup. so, he is more conscientious in his consumption of them.

Jim is in agreement with me about cutting back on his sugar intake. Regardless of cancer or the risk of diabetes, everyone feels better, when they reduce their sugar intake.

BREATHING

Jim’s been dealing with tightness in his chest and lower SATS for the past few days. His heart rate is elevated to the 80s, where normal for him is 65 to 75. SATS have hovered in the 90s, and they dropped to 88-89 this morning.

So I hooked him up to O2 at 1.5 liters for an hour. Then he had his next breathing treatment.

I have to keep track of his breathing treatments now, because he is giving them to himself and not remembering what time he did it. Fortunately, I was awake at 5:30 a.m. and heard him, checked on him, and I remember. At 8:30, he was ready to have another treatment, but I stopped him, because it had only been 3 hours, and the limit is 4 hours. He forgot what time he’d taken it.

I also percussed his lungs with this handy tool the hospital Respiratory Therapist made with a padded face mask. It works great.

He’s been off of O2 and holding SATS in the mid 90s all day.

Jim’s breathing issues could be related to so many things ~ the tumor, emphysema, COPD, and this giant gut pushing fluid up into his lungs.

He weighed himself, and at 157, he’s at the same weight he was last week. He has no pain, so we just give abundant thanks as we move forward each day.

Thank you all so very much for walking beside us, lifting us up with your love and prayers, and surrounding us with your positive healing energy. We love you and pray for you and your loved ones.

God Bless You!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Hi Rose,
    You passed out from Anemia? Wow! So glad you are okay!!!! I have seen some Toyota’s with more basic models. I feel your pain with the sugar. One person I know who is already diabetic has an awful sweet tooth. So glad Jim is still doing well and prayers this continues.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Today began with a call from a police department about 2 hours drive from us. I was told that our checks were stolen. They were recovered, when they were found in a car the police had searched with a warrant.

There is quite a lot that I have to do to sort this out.

Thatís all Iím going to share with you, because I never know who could be reading here. Or stealing our mail.

As you can imagine, Iím pretty fragile. This sent me spinning. Iím so angry, I could spit nails and build a jail.

Why us? Donít we have enough to deal with every single day?

Then, the pharmacy called that Jimís meds were ready, so I decided to pick them up. I turned the key in the van, and nothing. It was the perfect metaphor to me. Ruh, ruh, ruh, uh Ö un uh.

I called AAA, but our card had expired. I realized I hadnít received that bill, so I paid it on the phone then and there. A very nice repairman arrived, told me we needed a new battery, and I confirmed with Jim. It was 6 years old and corroded.

Repairman left to get us a new battery. Once it was installed, he said the connector was corroded and wouldnít screw onto the battery. So he offered to go to Auto Zone to get the part and install it for us. He did, and the van is working again.

For this, I give thanks, because it happened in our driveway, not at the pharmacy or anywhere else I might need to drive. I would have been stuck trying to negotiate all of this with our silly old cell phone. And Jim would have been left alone.

JIMíS DAY

This morning, Jim had intestinal distress, which he later described as gas, once the Tums I gave him worked.

He had a slight headache, which subsided without medication. Heís felt ďnot himselfĒ all day.

When I asked for specific symptoms, he became a little off, like ďnot making any senseĒ off. I wondered if he was dehydrated, had low sugar, was having a TIA, and when I questioned him and tried to get him to make sense, he became defensive.

His appetite has waned. No breakfast this morning. I finally got him to eat a bowl of Amyís No Chicken Noodle soup mid day.

Then, he fell asleep for a couple of hours, and when he woke up, thatís when he wasnít making any sense. He also took his Lasix/Potassium late, because of his nap.

I canít seem to entice him into any food.

Late this afternoon, he reported that he had some diarrhea. He just wants to sleep.

His SATS are 94 off of O2, heart rate is 72. He just had a breathing treatment, which should hold him over for a few hours. His belly is getting smaller and softer, which is a good sign, among these other not so great signs.

Of course, itís a long holiday weekend, which is when most of our problems/crises seem to occur.

For me, the 4th of July is like every other holiday, only even more difficult now. This is our first 4th of July without Jonathan and our 16th without Michael.

This afternoon, Jim spotted a young hawk on our fence. He lingered for a long time, as the sea breeze ruffled his fledgling feathers. I expected him to bathe in Michaelís pond, but he only looked at it, before flying to the patio roof, then off to his next destination.

The hawks are comforting me, reminding me that I am not alone. Jonathan and Michael are beside us always.

Thank you all so much for your love and prayers, and for your continuing support. We love you and hold you and your loved ones in our prayers.

Love & Light,

Rose

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

The car accident happened when I was a young woman, and I was driving a 1959 Rambler. Nothing at all like my basic 1980 Toyota, which was like a luxury car compared to the Rambler.

Yes, I was anemic. I had recently been diagnosed with psoriasis, and I was covered head to toe.

Jim forgets that he's not a young, healthy strapping man, who can eat anything he wants without worrying about the outcome. I don't want to deny him anything he wants, but if it will affect him adversely, I want him to avoid it.

I'm trying to encourage him to reach for some Carr's crackers and hummus, instead of bread and jam or a muffin for a snack. It's a challenge, but I also don't want him to stop eating altogether, which he seems to be doing today.

Thank you for your prayers. You and your loved ones are always in our prayers too.

Love & Light,

Rose

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

The car accident happened when I was a young woman, and I was driving a 1959 Rambler. Nothing at all like my basic 1980 Toyota, which was like a luxury car compared to the Rambler.

Yes, I was anemic. I had recently been diagnosed with psoriasis, and I was covered head to toe.

Jim forgets that he's not a young, healthy strapping man, who can eat anything he wants without worrying about the outcome. I don't want to deny him anything he wants, but if it will affect him adversely, I want him to avoid it.

I'm trying to encourage him to reach for some Carr's crackers and hummus, instead of bread and jam or a muffin for a snack. It's a challenge, but I also don't want him to stop eating altogether, which he seems to be doing today.

Thank you for your prayers. You and your loved ones are always in our prayers too.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Hi Rose,

Yikes! Like I said so glad you are okay! Is psoriasis linked to anemia? I would guess Jim is dehydrated and summer heat would be effecting him. When its hot where I live I sometimes get little headaches for a few moments and have less of an appetite so I eat during times of the day when it is cooler and drink tons of water. It’s a hard balance for someone like Jim who probably gets joy out of food when he can’t do much else but sleep, enjoy your company and eat. Have a good 4th of July regardless. I know its painful. Prayers always.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Blog Entries

Default An Exciting Fourth

funnylegs4~

Actually, I was injured in the accident and spent a week in the hospital. That's what happens without a seat belt (Rambler didn't have them). No, the psoriasis wasn't linked to the anemia. It was linked to a tremendous amount of stress and overdoing with college and working.

Jim is actually cold all of the time due to the low WBC. And the weather here has been mild and spectacular. He was just having an off day.

After sleeping well last night, Jim enjoyed his regular breakfast this morning. Then, he went back to sleep. And then ...

EARTHQUAKE!

At 10:33, a 6.4 quake hit in Ridgecrest, about 155 miles from us. It was felt in Nevada all the way down to Mexico. We felt it strongly. It was a rolling quake, which made our house rock back and forth. It lasted about 20 seconds and scared me, as I remembered our quake 4 years ago. I was afraid it was on our fault line, and there would be more to come. Thankfully, we haven't felt the over 40 aftershocks.

Jim fell back to sleep immediately after the quake! Meanwhile, I found the local news on line and watched it for updates and news conferences.

AND THEN ... HAWKS!

A Mom, Dad, and Offspring Hawk family has moved in! While Jim was sleeping, they appeared on our fence, with Dad standing watch on the roof of Jim's workshop. They took turns bathing in Michael's pond. And they "chatted" in their distinct high pitched squeal. They are extremely conversational!

I grabbed the camera and tried to get photos through our windows and screens.

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 4.16.34 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 4.18.30 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 4.19.30 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 4.20.40 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 4.22.07 PM.jpg

They are on the greenbelt behind our home now, flying from tree to tree, squealing, and flying into and over our yard.

Tomorrow morning, I will clean the pond and add water to it. I hope that the waterfall will continue to flow.

I suggested to Jim that we should name them.

OUR EVENING PLANS

I made potato salad, Jim's favorite, and I always give him a taste to make sure it's right. Two thumbs up today! He'll either have a Beyond Burger or a veggie dog, and I'll open a can of Amy's baked beans. (I gave up baking beans from scratch eons ago.)

John and I were texting, when the earthquake occurred. It was so funny to me, because he texted, "Did you feel that?" We live about 1.5 miles from each other!

John is entertaining his whole family today with a BBQ. He said he was making Morningstar veggie burgers for his brother in law, and would grill a couple for us and bring them over. God Bless John! I thanked him, but I explained that Jim probably shouldn't eat food made by others, because of his low WBC.

Also, it may be a veggie burger, but it's being grilled with beef burgers. I don't think that our systems could deal with any beef residue. I didn't tell him this, nor that we don't like Morningstar products. I don't want to hurt his feelings. He's trying so hard to include us and take care of us, and we love him so dearly.

BERRIES BUST

Unfortunately, soaking the berries in vinegar rendered them inedible for Jim. The strawberries are tasteless, hard, crunchy, and he says "leathery." To me they were just crunchy and tasteless.

The blueberries Jim called "sour," and I call them "tart." I did taste them prior to the wash, and they were sweet.

So, is 10 minutes too long to soak them? Where did I go wrong?

I hope that you've all enjoyed a pleasant Fourth of July, with much less excitement geologically than we have.

I've been listening to illegal fireworks (firecrackers, homemade bombs) all day, and it is less than patriotic to me. I feel like I'm in a war zone. My nerves are already pretty ragged from the quake, so this is not helping, and it will go on until tomorrow morning.

This is a day, when I'm glad that we don't have a dog. Our Bonnie Lass was a wreck on the 4th.

Thank you all so much for your love and prayers, constant support, and friendship. We love you and pray for you and your loved ones every day.

Love & Light,

Rose

15. The following 4 users say "thanks"

We didn’t feel the quake or aftershocks, though some areas in San Diego did feel them. I heard from my sister and she felt the quake at our cabin in Big Bear.

Love to watch the hawks too. Have a bird feeder in the back yard and unfortunately (for the doves), the hawks use it for hunting. Lately we have hosted a family of skunks under the feeder at night. Cute to watch, but not when we are dog sitting. Kaia thinks they are great fun to chase. Not so much for us when we have to give her a bath at 2:00 am. Now she only goes out on a leash at night. I’m raising monarch butterflies and have a bed with just milk weed. Love to watch the whole process and have released multiple butterflies. They are all over our yard now. It’s a fun hobby and one everyone enjoys when they come over. My yard is my serenity place. It’s where I can go when the stress gets to be too much.

Happy to hear Jim’s appetite has come back. He’s a fighter, just like you Rose. Continued prayers for both of you.
    grandmother of Tyler (24): Ohtahara Syndrome/SCN2a gene mutation, cortically visually impaired, quadriplegic, severely developmentally delayed, no speech, severe intractable seizures, frontal and temporal lobe atrophy, progressive scoliosis/kyphosis, chronic kidney stones & UTI's, gastroparesis, 100% tube fed, autonomic dysreflexia, but what a precious gift from God. "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."

17. The following user says "thanks"

Oh heck Rose, things get just a little bit better and what happens - Jim has an off day, checks are stolen, soaking the berries didn't work out and then to add insult to injury an earthquake comes along. I just hope you have not felt any of the aftershocks today.

So glad the hawks are there to kind of watch over the two of you.
    Virginia

19. The following user says "thanks"

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast