Thread: biopsy results

Distinguished Community Member

Default biopsy results

Kathleen had ehr colonoscopy last Wednesday. her GI Dr. called with the results. It showed positive for cronic inflamation. he's ordered more testing for Crohns disease. Blood work and MRI. I just can't stand the thought of adding one more disease for her to deal with
    Mary Grace

Blog Entries

Oh, I am so sorry about this! My Nick had a Crohns diagnosis too. But thankfully, there has only been one huge outbreak and nothing after that. He was on the pentasa tiny beads (anti inflammatory) for about a year and still takes extra calcium. The Crohns will have a negative effect on bone strength - Nicholas also had the IV treatment for that and now there's a new formulation that's only once a year. Crohns is so poorly understood - there could be years where it disappears and then there will be another outbreak for no apparent reason. Strange, but mostly we have found it's been easy to control once we got the initial situation under control with steroids and pentasa, etc. (he was only on steroids for the initial period in the hospital). Good luck!!!!!
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Mary Grace & Kathleen))))))

I'm so sorry to hear these results. My heart goes out to both of you.

Although I've read personal accounts of Chron's on an osotomy site to which I once belonged, I don't have any first hand knowledge of it.

I strongly recommend that you find a good online support group if Kathleen's diagnosis is Chron's. I always seek out groups for specific things, like Gtube, ostomy, thyroid, etc. The people who deal with these things are the experts, as we've discovered here through CN.

It's so difficult, when the diagnoses and the diseases begin piling up, I know.

Sending prayers for the best diagnosis possible for Kathleen, and for an efficient, natural remedy to conquer it.

Love & Light,

Rose

Thank you both! I'm praying for the best possible outcome and for Kathleen to get some relief. She had her blood work and we're waiting to hear aobut that. Her MRI is November 26th. She can't have a sedated MRI because she has to drink something before it. I hope it goes well because she's never had a non-sedated one before. Thanks again for you prayers and well wishes.
    Mary Grace

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Mary Grace & Kathleen))))))

Oh, the agony of waiting for test results! Hope you hear very soon, and that they bring good news.

Rather than actually sedate Kathleen for the MRI, would it be possible to give her a little Ativan or Versed, just to help her relax and take the edge off? Perhaps you can inquire about that as a possibility.

I'll be thinking of you both on 11/26 and hoping that all goes smoothly. Please keep us updated, and let us know when the results of Kathleen's blood work come in.

Love & Light,

Rose

Rose thanks, That's actually a great idea. If she can't stay still I will definatly inquire about that. I'll write both of those meds down and bring it with me.
    Mary Grace