Bladder, UTI issues and Stiff Person Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bladder, UTI issues and Stiff Person Syndrome

We all know that some of us get bladder spasms.

Today I find out I have my 3rd UTI since November. No wonder my SPS symptoms have been flaring up.

Luckily , my tests by the urologist are schedule this week and next and hoping they figure out the problem. I suspect incomplete emptying and spasms.

Good luck to you for the testing, Sunshine. I hope you get useful answers and a clear plan for going forward.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Woke up to two spasms one at 12;30 am and one at 5:35 that wouldn’t stop so took Ativan so i could to Urogram today. Good judgment... urogram went well no spasm and had a ride both ways luckily. Home, and the Ativan is wearing off. Crossing fingers no more spasms....Put a message into neuro.

Yesterday was IVIG and I had a brief spasm after.

I attribute it to the smoldering UTI. Message Neuro for advice...

Comment

Urogram was yesterday, and Monday is Cystoscopy with urologist. Hoping to get results...

Comment

Tomorrow is the Cystoscopy and I am feeling nervous about it: it sounds so very uncomfortabl. I will take Ativan for it to prevent muscle spasm. My friend will go with me as a scribe since the Ativan makes it hard to recall what was said.

Hopefully the doctor will run on time. It is so hard to wait sitting up...

Comment

The cystosclopy wasnt as bad as I thought. Mildly uncomfortable and very fast. Waiting for lab results. It looked red inside per doc, no bladder stones, no bladder cancer. I think he is considering that bacteria has burrowed into the bladder wall and resisted antibiotics. Its demoralizing and causes leg stiffening...

Comment

Updated bladder issue in the Stiff Person Check in Thread. AM scheduled for outpatient surgical procedure in a few weeks. Anesthesia and the NPO thing could be dicey with SPS as indicated in other thread.

Will type info on what the anesthesia pre op person says in a few days about handling this. My friend with SPS developed locked in syndrome after an outpatient surgical procedure. That suggests great care must be taken by the anesthesiologist.

Comment

Am behind on this thread—

The anesthesia Cystoscopy showed a huge bladder, a stricture in the urethra which he fixed, and no evidence of Interstitial Cystitis.

The Urodynamic study was done yesterday. The RN said the stricture is still absent (good), the bladder still huge, and the doc will meet with me this week to talk abut if it is a neurogenic bladder due to MS/SPS or some other problems.
                He hinted he may rec self cath forever...not pleased about that...

Comment

I hope you find some solution short of self-cath, or catherization. Those infections are hard to manage, and so long as your bladder doesn't work efficiently, you'll always be at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Catdancer View Post
                    I hope you find some solution short of self-cath, or catherization. Those infections are hard to manage, and so long as your bladder doesn't work efficiently, you'll always be at risk.
                    Thank you Catdancer: I appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Working...
                    X