Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627

Thread: OT January Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Re raw meat: If the package has a sell date a week from today, does that mean you cant hold onto it and cook it in 5 or 6 days?
    I've always heard that meat should be used within a few days of purchase. The sell-by date is about food quality, not food safety, according to the US FDA:

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/wcm/co...oduct-dating#3

https://www.foodsafety.gov/blog/meatinrefrig.html

I like this rule: When in doubt, throw it out. I like it even better than Howie's rule ("What doesn't kill you makes you stronger").
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I'm watching Auction Kings, and Clay Walker was selling some stuff, and told his story he had been Dxed with MS 20 years ago, and not had an exacerbation in 18 years. You can't tell he has MS.

That is exactly my MS story. 20 years, and no exacerbations in 18. My brother from another mother.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    I'm watching Auction Kings, and Clay Walker was selling some stuff, and told his story he had been Dxed with MS 20 years ago, and not had an exacerbation in 18 years. You can't tell he has MS.

That is exactly my MS story. 20 years, and no exacerbations in 18. My brother from another mother.
    ...except he believes the key to his success with his MS is regular treatment (copaxone), exercising regularly and healthy eating.

A slightly different approach than yours.

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...oing-to-be-ok/
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

We all have to fight this disease in our own way.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    We all have to fight this disease in our own way.
    Yes. In some respects, it demonstrates how important double blinded studies really are.

Because, without them, we'd never know if treatments objectively work. Unless we randomize a large group of people between treatment and placebo, we'd never be able to compare, since individually, our MS trajectories can be so variable.

Without analysis in the aggregate, we'd never really know if it's the treatment making a difference, or some other factor, or none at all.

As you said, you and Walker have had remarkably similar trajectories, yet with very different paths to get there. Between just the two of you, it's impossible to relate it to any particular cause/effect.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Received the two pots and a pan that I ordered from Amazon day before yesterday. I lucked out because the lady who helps me was leaving and the package had just been left on my porch, so she easily picked it up and brought it in. I am not sure I could even have pulled it in. The pots are nice looking and heavy. The lids are glass so I can just look down and see how things are cooking. There is one size that I will probably use quite a bit because it is small, just 1 1/2 qt. I like the looks of it of heating soup and things like that. One is a 5 qt stock pot which is larger than I really want, but I think I can use it for a few things that I make.

They do seem to be nice and well made.
    Virginia

12. The following user says "thanks"

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627