Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addiction on vape

"Hi all,
    I am residing in Canada. I am a chain smoker but i turned to use vape juice rather than cigarettes.A couple of days ago when I searched on google regarding e juice which is commonly called vape juice I found different making methods. I want to know more insights about what are the strengths and standards that come in ejuice. Does e juice comes with zero nicotine. What is the best choice for buying ejuice? Actually, I am a heavy smoker. so that I need a higher concentration of nicotine. I want to know which nicotine strength works best for me. Had anyone used ejuice with higher concentration before? Share your experience. Thank you."
    Last edited by Moderator #2; 10-31-2018, 02:43 AM. Reason: links not allowed for new posters

Hi Nancy, if you go to your local dedicated smoke shop they can advise you on strengths, try to avoid as much PG as possible and then you can work your way to titrating down on the nicotine levels if you are trying to quit. The vaping pens are fantastic and some you can reload yourself instead of buying refills. They have many kinds of vapes and some are large and awkward. The pens are very portable and easy to keep out of sight. They should be able to show you how all that works. I tried the cartridge e-cigs that the corner market sells but I didn't last long. Am coming up on a new quit date soon. As for making your own there is a ton of information on the web though I know it is a pain to slog through.
    Last edited by houghchrst; 11-12-2018, 02:46 AM.

Comment

I know it's a little late to reply (and I'm also new here) but I actually work in the vaping industry. Most vape juice companies have compliance set in place. Do not believe the reports out of the USA. Look at the reports from the UK. They are 2 very different perspectives. Public Health England, The Royal College of Physicians (1,000+ licensed physicians), Cancer Research UK and about a dozen other NON PROFIT organizations in the UK back vaping. This is because there's no money on the table, whereas in the US it's all about the Big Tobacco lobby. Sorry to sound like a conspiracy theorist (I am FAR from one), but this specific one is true.

That said, if you are a heavy smoker, it depends what type of device you use. If it's a cig a like, start with 2.4% (24mg) nicotine. Try and go down ever 6 basis points every 3 months. You should get to zero nicotine after a little over a year. If you are using a vape mod, then start with 0.6% (6mg) nicotine. Actually, if you're a heavy smoker, you shouldn't even be using this type of device. My recommendation is a cig a like e cigarette only...something like JUUL.

Comment

hey all!

prolly late for this article too, but i just came across it:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        The constantly renewing supply of teens, who are now so hooked on “Juuling” that in September the Food and Drug Administration called it an epidemic. Juul says it doesn’t want underage customers and doesn’t market to them, but the company’s early social media presence was clearly aimed at a young audience, as were its fruity flavors. The FDA is investigating whether Juul explicitly targeted teens with its marketing.
        it's unfortunate that something that's supposed to be used as a temporary crutch is now starting to be an addiction.

thanks for sharing,
        jeannie
        WE ARE BT!
        "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
        "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
        "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Start with e-cigs and e-juices, they contain very small percent of nicotine. Vaporizers are better in this sense, especially herbal vaporizers . Vape is not smoke in any case, so if you're afraid of addiction, you can always switch to vape. I used to be a heavy smoker since college, I gave up nicotine precisely due to e-cigs.
          Last edited by Moderator #7; 01-23-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Just go to your local shop dealer, I'm sure they will help you decide. :)

Comment

Originally posted by LeeGood View Post
              Start with e-cigs and e-juices, they contain very small percent of nicotine. Vaporizers are better in this sense, especially herbal vaporizers . Vape is not smoke in any case, so if you're afraid of addiction, you can always switch to vape. I used to be a heavy smoker since college, I gave up nicotine precisely due to e-cigs.
              This is the 1st to come across a herbal vaporizers. So what herbs are specifically used? Does that mean herbal vapes are actually healthy?

Comment

Does 'mj' used as herb for this vaporizer?

Comment

Is cigar addiction same with vape addiction? Are the effects the same when you withdraw from both?

Comment

This thread was way back 2018... I think I will just Google my query.

Comment

• David Hosobuchi
                      David Hosobuchi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Resurrection of an old thread is a good way to get the attention from people who did not see it the first time!

In most public instances, I don’t voice everything I know regarding vaporization of either tobacco or cannabis products, for the most part, because the people don’t seem to want to hear what I have to say. They want to hear that this is better for them than smoking.
                    But this is a medical forum. I would assume that most would want to hear the facts based on truth.

What people who use vaporizers should understand is both how the machine works, and how their pulmonary system works in getting the oxygen into their blood. The “e-juice”, whether it is a tobacco or cannabis product, is an oil. When heated to a certain point, it turns to a vapor, and is inhaled. In the lungs, it passes through the alveolar system into the bloodstream.
                    During its time in the lungs it also cools down and some returns to an oil, and coats the inside of the alveoli, limiting or severely blocking the passage of oxygen into the blood. This has been known to cause death in some cases.

These hazards far outweigh the danger from the nicotine, in my opinion.

Myself, I have had a good understanding of the pulmonary system since I was a child. While I admit I have been foolish enough to start smoking, I have been able to realize how bad vaporizers are for the pulmonary system.

As far as addiction, it has been argued that vaporizers are a faster “fix”, and thus make for quicker addictions. I don’t know if this is true. I feel that the popularity is more prevalent than cigarettes. Certainly I feel that the the stale smell of cigarettes is a hard sell, and these don’t have that impediment.
                    Though nicotine is nicotine, and it is addictive no matter how it goes into the body. As one increases the dosage, the more one gets dependent upon the drug to feel “normal”.

The process for cannabis is to extract the active ingredients, (THC, CBD, CBG, terpenoids, etc) and is mixed with the base “e-juice” to be easily vaporized. (The pure natural cannabis extracts can actually be vaporized on their own.)

I worked for a company that made CBD products for a while, and picked up a few things. Unfortunately, it is one of the many cannabis companies that no longer exists. lol
                    Last edited by David Hosobuchi; 05-03-2021, 06:55 AM.
                    "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

Originally posted by David Hosobuchi View Post
                      In most public instances, I don’t voice everything I know regarding vaporization of either tobacco or cannabis products, for the most part, because the people don’t seem to want to hear what I have to say. They want to hear that this is better for them than smoking.
                      But this is a medical forum. I would assume that most would want to hear the facts based on truth.

What people who use vaporizers should understand is both how the machine works, and how their pulmonary system works in getting the oxygen into their blood. The “e-juice”, whether it is a tobacco or cannabis product, is an oil. When heated to a certain point, it turns to a vapor, and is inhaled. In the lungs, it passes through the alveolar system into the bloodstream.
                      During its time in the lungs it also cools down and some returns to an oil, and coats the inside of the alveoli, limiting or severely blocking the passage of oxygen into the blood. This has been known to cause death in some cases.

These hazards far outweigh the danger from the nicotine, in my opinion.

Myself, I have had a good understanding of the pulmonary system since I was a child. While I admit I have been foolish enough to start smoking, I have been able to realize how bad vaporizers are for the pulmonary system.

As far as addiction, it has been argued that vaporizers are a faster “fix”, and thus make for quicker addictions. I don’t know if this is true. I feel that the popularity is more prevalent than cigarettes. Certainly I feel that the the stale smell of cigarettes is a hard sell, and these don’t have that impediment.
                      Though nicotine is nicotine, and it is addictive no matter how it goes into the body. As one increases the dosage, the more one gets dependent upon the drug to feel “normal”.

The process for cannabis is to extract the active ingredients, (THC, CBD, CBG, terpenoids, etc) and is mixed with the base “e-juice” to be easily vaporized. (The pure natural cannabis extracts can actually be vaporized on their own.)

I worked for a company that made CBD products for a while, and picked up a few things. Unfortunately, it is one of the many cannabis companies that no longer exists. lol
                      Thanks, David!!! That was a comprehensive one. I did learn something from your post Now I understood better and clearer the way vaporizers affect the pulmonary system and its process. I never thought that some of the vapor returns to oil and will become harmful.

So when they say "herb vaporizer", they mean - there is a use of cannabis? Or are there other 'herbs' that they use? And how about those flavor thingy?

Comment

Yes, I did. I would advise not experimenting with the concentration yourself. For instance, I went to the closest nicotine shop, and the guy working there helped a lot. By the way, I still prefer the less concentrated ones for whatever reason. But, from time to time, it's fun to add some more concentration to it. You'll see that when the nicotine is too strong, your urge will be less. Also, I'll share with you guys this place Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... , from where I get my favorite mint e-liquids. They have it in different concentrations, so definitely check them out!

Comment

Working...
                        X