About ampyra.....there is now a generic....made by the same company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About ampyra.....there is now a generic....made by the same company

So, I have been taking ampyra to help me walk for quite a few years. My copay for the last few years has been $30 a month. When I went to reorder I was tole the copay would be $65 each month. So, I asked why it had increased. No one at Caremark specialty drug pharmacy could answer my question.

This led to 4 hours of phone calls where I was tossed back and forth from billing department to drug maker to billing department.. several people gave me answers about my insurance that did not fit the situation. Finally one fellow was convinced he knew the answer and sent an expedited notice to my neuro to get her to refill. OI-vez!

Finally, one whole day letter, I got a phone call. Turns out that my copay had jumped because there was now a generic form and my copay would be $10.00 each month. Did I want to switch? Hell yes! The Caremark official was the one who told me that the generic was being made by the same company which made the original.

One huge half day of round around phone calls because the message did not go from a to b to c.

Thought some of you might be able to use this info.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 10-11-2018, 02:12 AM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Thanks, and good work tracking it down!

Comment

I just wrote a whole thing and it’s gone. Ampyra was a miracle for me and then it stopped working after a few years. It had Given me part of my life back.
      I decided to give it another try a few months ago. My copay was,$300. Sadly it did nothing for me.
      Glad it is more accessible for those that take it.
      Last edited by ssusan; 10-11-2018, 01:31 PM.
      Be the person your dog thinks you are

Comment

ssusan, that was quite a hefty copay. Too bad that Ampyra didn't help!

You mentioned losing a post. Have you tried starting a new reply window and clicking where it says "Click here to restore auto-saved content"? That message usually comes up when I do that, and I see the message I thought I'd lost.

Sometimes it brings up an earlier message but usually it works pretty well.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Good to know. Thanks

Comment

If Ampyra worked as it did when it first came out, it would be worth every penny. It was a miracle drug.
            But alas, no. It did nothing. :-(

Comment

It must depend on the individual. Some people claim that Ampyra has improved their walking.

We just have to keep trying first one thing and then another and hope we find some things that work, I guess.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
              X