Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a terrible migraine after tooth extraction last time

Hello guys,
    I have a severe toothache nowadays. It started all of a sudden a few days back. I can't drink or eat due to the pain and I can't even sleep in the night.
    The pain is subsidizing only when I take some painkillers.
    I wonder whether the pain is caused by any bacterial infection. If yes, what are the options in front of me? Should I go for tooth extraction or should I go for any root canal pain treatment?
    I am located in Toronto. I am planning to visit the dentist tomorrow. But, I am afraid, they will ask me to option for tooth extraction. Last time when I optioned for tooth extraction, I ended up with a terrible migraine for days. Also, I had to get a dental implant to fill the gap.
    So, I am just wondering when should we opt for tooth extraction and up to what extend root canal treatment is prescribed? Does tooth extraction cause migraine usually?
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 10-03-2018, 07:46 AM.

Hi! How are you? I also need a dentist and am very worried about the symptoms you described.

Comment

I think the problem is with your dentist, and the pain can be caused either by an infection or by the unprofessional actions of the dentist. You need to learn very carefully about the reviews before contacting any dentist. I recommend that you contact another dentist and sanitize the entire oral cavity. Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... provides similar services and gives recommendations for oral care based on my characteristics. I think you should find a dentist like that and you won't have any more problems.

Comment

Welcome, Sertanpyr!

The original post is over 3 years old and it looks as if the person who wrote it is no longer here but you are welcome at BrainTalk. You might want to find some more recent posts for your replies.
        Last edited by agate; 06-01-2022, 07:21 AM.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your toothache and the trouble you had with tooth extraction before. It's always best to consult with a dentist to determine the best course of action. Root canal treatment is often recommended to save the tooth if possible, while extraction is considered when the tooth can't be saved. As for migraines, they can sometimes be a side effect of dental procedures, but it varies from person to person. By the way, I came across Implant Dentistry in Eastlake, Ohio while browsing online. I wonder if you heard anything about them? I'm new here and looking for similar info. Any advice would be appreciated.
          Last edited by Moderator #2; 05-30-2023, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Welcome, maryamhas!

Every US community of any size probably has at least one dentist who does dental implants.

As for migraines resulting from to teeth extractions, I 've had about 15 tooth extractions so far and never had migraines as a result.

For quite a while I had severe sinus headaches resulting from infected teeth though. Once the dental work was taken care of, the headaches went away.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
            X