Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Thread: October 2018

Distinguished Community Member

Well...Howie I guess if you are going to order quite a large number of times then it might possibly pay off. I think that covers about 30 times. So you would have to order at least that much, then anything over that would be free as far as ordering charges go.

Today I got dressed (that includes washing and blowing and doing hair and makeup-not to include eyes). I went and sent a package off at UPS, I then went to eye Doctor, then I went to Pharmacy and then to grocery store, then unloaded groceries when I got home.

Anyone ever notice how I stretch these trips out to make it sound like I did more than I did? Did I fool y'all all this time?
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Virginia, you DID do a lot. Don't fool yourself!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howie, Virginia is talking about Publix, which seems to have a slightly different deal compared to Instacart.

Here's what the Instacart Website says about its Express Membership plan:

Instacart Express is a grocery delivery membership that waives the delivery fee for scheduled deliveries on orders over $35 with each retailer placed through the Services for a monthly or yearly subscription fee. Deliveries made via Instacart Express are subject to availability. Service fees, special handling fees, and/or taxes may still apply. For combinations with other offers, restrictions may apply.
    They are offering a free 14-day trial. After that it would be $149/year. So if I ordered more than 15 times from Instacart, with an order where the delivery fee was $10, I'd be getting free delivery for the rest of the year. It could be very nice for someone who orders most of the time from Instacart.

You can also order your groceries online and pick them up at the store.

Virginia, you put me to shame:

I went and sent a package off at UPS, I then went to eye Doctor, then I went to Pharmacy and then to grocery store, then unloaded groceries when I got home.
    You went to FOUR different places if I'm reading this right. Tomorrow I go to the eye doctor, and that's my one outing--for the week. Groceries got unloaded today, and the delivery person brought them in and put them on the counter. All I had to do was put them in their places.

I actually ran the vacuum around yesterday and did a spot treatment on the carpet because I'd spilled an entire soft drink on it.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I swam 1/2 mile today 31 minutes. Did well. Then went to doc, then rested, then went to fish monger. Love it there. They let me sit on a bench and come to me, then they come to me with the credit card machine, etc. My produce stand is also wonderful. I can phone my order in if needed. They come to the car and exchange the money at the car.

Or can shoo the small stand, then they bring out a seat to sit on while ringing it up, and they bring the bags to the car,

Nice to live i a small town,

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

And Virginia, dont kid yourself! You did a huge amount considering your challenges! Do not compare yourself to a well person, or even to a person with MS who is less sick right now.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thanks for the encouragement Sunshine and Agate! Sunshine, it is nice to live in a small town for the reasons you sited. I am glad you have people around you that you can depend on to help you out. You did a lot today after your swim. Nice! Agate always does her exercises and her steps.

Well, I vacuumed this morning, but will not be doing anything else today since I am dizzy from gabapentin.
    Virginia

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Good strategy, gotta plan for the side effects. Wonder if they can do a smaller dose and then increase it every four days. I think that’s what my neuro did. And he gave it at bedtime, when I tried Neurontin last year. You don’t want to fall!

Swam 1/2 mile 30minutes. Then grocery store.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Today I swam 1/2 mile in 32 minutes. A bit of rubber legs afterwards. This MS and SPS are such a mental and physical challenge . They’re winning today.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I am sorry they are winning today. You’ll beat them again tomorrow.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Today is better. Able to stand a little longer again.

I swam 1/2 mile, plus 80 Yards, 30 minutes. Each day I aim for 30 minutes. Then drive 20 minutes to doc, got a few groceries, walked up two flights, back down a flight to shut off sprinklers DH forgot to turn off, parked into garage, up 2 flights . That’s it for the day.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast